Whats The Fastest Car You Kept Up With???

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by g60gerry, Feb 24, 2007.

1. charlie123ii Forum Member

i dont usually get a chance to "race" or "play" with alot of stuff but me and the bro in his mk2 8v did play with a boxster on the A303 last weekend. either he was driving like a pansy or that thing was gutless!! usually end up wooping saxos and the similar which isnt fun!!

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

This was on a track or "private runway"?

3. Aphex Forum Junkie

I hear your Starlet's a bit mental toyotec :lol:

4. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

My old E30 kept with alot of skylines until 115mph when it ran out of puff. Was geared very low, and pretty damn quick. Just ate up an old TT in G-PES on a private track. But haven't really played with anything else.

5. Jonny777 Forum Member

But it still sounds like a tractor :p

Ive beaten a Murcielago, Gallardo, AMV8 Vantage, BMW M3, Porsche 911 Carrera, Ferrari 360 and a DB9.

[:^:]

I win! :lol: :p

6. Hutley-20VT Forum Member

I once beat a 03 plate Honda Civic Type R he was up my **** then went went round 3 roundabouts in a row and at the end of the 3rd one i couldnt see him:p

turns out it was my neighbors boy friend live opposite me, he gave me a funny look;)

7. PASSATV5 New Member

Golf 1.8T vs Clio 182

I got a 5door golf 196bhp Remap 1.8 20vT mk4, I had low octane fuel, 4 ppl including me, 2@ 14st and 2@ 9st and junk in the boot ya know old air box, miscellaneous parts n bolts from the head gasket job, tools aswell.

So thats me...Versus

182 Clio sport Skinny lad and a girl scraped past me on a long straight going into 4th for me. Could hear the air filter and exhaust were louder than usual so not a standard one.
    I killed him around and off the roundabouts:clap: though YAY! He was fightin for it.[:x]

Ive chaced an aston martin, a few years old, he killed me on straights but off roundabouts I was right there with him till about 80mph (on a test track)

Had a super R kent cam+valves in my old Nova GTE that did 147mph GPS, No air filter and custom exhaust.

Had a MG ZR160vvc that was quick, kept up the bum of a VR6 P reg hardly gaining on me going down runway A580, also whooped a corsa 1.8vvc SRI, wahoo!

I'm addicted to racing what can I say

P.S. I hap a jap import WRX Scooby wagon and it was way below expectations and so got rid!:clap:

8. bens_cab Forum Junkie

i got beaten by a reliant kitten at the pod lol

but then it was sporting full cosworth running gear and engine so ill let him have that one lol

9. Seraph Banned

I don't thing he was joking!

I think I've read about that car on Seatcupra.net or somewhere.

10. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

Lol reminded me of LeMans this year, had exact same thing with a Brit Aston, Left me like i wasn't moving down the straight (Not that I had any chance but was 3 up with the weeks camping gear as well.) But round the twisty roads and roundabouts he could not get away, and he was trying cause the back got twitchy a few times. I'd fitted my coilovers a week before and it was handling like it was on rails. Thumbs up to the guy in the Aston for having a play tho.

11. PASSATV5 New Member

Must weigh more than that! at leas 12-1400kg

12. Aphex Forum Junkie

I have a mate that's been out in my golf (185bhp) and an M3 E30 with a few go faster bits and he reckoned my golf was faster. Not exactly technical but I was happy nonetheless!

13. pwoiks Forum Member

ive only had my mk2 20vt on the road about 2 weeks. ruined a mk4 anniversarry and a 306 rallye.

14. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

My mates E46 M3 doesn't FEEL as fast as my golf but it sure as hell is alot faster....
    You wouldn't be able to tell by being it both cars, especially as most BMW's drive very smooth and disguise the speed well....

15. Aphex Forum Junkie

Did you drive the m3?

You realise you drive like a loon?? :lol:

16. Defcat New Member

I once kept up with an Audi Quattro till about 70mph but he was edging all the while.

But I felt well "manly" when I was spotted on here racing an Evo and "giving him a good go" :lol:

Made my day :thumbup: :lol:

17. boisterous_billy Forum Member

I had a rover 620ti with an induction kit and dump valve like ya do..[:D]

I was on the m4 coming into london and this scooby come up behind me at a rate and flashed me to move over so i moved into the middle lane and i droped a couple of gears and went with him side by side and he was so shocked when i was still with him at 155mph then we run out of road so he come along side me and ask what i had under the hood i said nothing its just standard just that your car is pants.

He wasnt a happy bunny bless him.

18. PASSATV5 New Member

Just checked it out

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Data.aspx?model=1157

Parkers have factory 0-60 in 5.3 for an older one so that's the same league as a WRX STi or R33 skyline seeing as M3's are are Naturally Aspirated and 1535kg! thats fuukin ace, but what can you say...German innit!

Best 0-60 Ive had is 6.8s and that's best of 3 runs, one @ 7.1 and 6.9. Re-map only so it was before the cold air feed / de-cat.

Anyone with similar spec got similar or very different results?

19. prof Forum Addict

this thread is so funny

20. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

I stayed a foot off the back bumper of a RUF Porsche for 24 miles, I was driving my Avensis TD & wasn't a thing he could do to lose me.
    That may be due to us being on a cross channel ferry though