Which is the best engine to go with ITB?

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by etang789, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

That looks like the rocker cover from an ALT 2.0 20v engine. That engine can be found in the MY 01-02 A4 8E chassis and 3B3 Passat. With and OE output of 130PS it slotted under the AWA 150PS FSI unit and the 170PS 1.8T.

On the A4 I remember working on a few years ago, The drive experience of this engine was bland and void of any character. However I am sure it can be breathed upon and made to be a bit special in a MK1 or 2. Think the 06B block for this was die cast, But I will need to check this.

2. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

More importantly, if the ally cast blocks are lighter, then that would be a massive bonus over the weight of a 16v.

Gurds

3. prof Forum Addict

normancoal did a lot of looking into the ALT, he might have some more info. They look like a good starting point. If you can find one

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

They seem to share lots of components with the 1.8 20v 06* engine.
    The 130PS 2.0 20v were not popular though and did not sell in large numbers as the 1.8T.

5. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Dug out Ade's PVW article, confirmed as ALT, listed as Audi A4, 2002, with modified Mk5 FSI sump + oil pick up pipe, and custom mounts.

Schrick fast road cams and S3 injectors
    => nigh-on 200bhp / 155lb/ft.

6. DAVID SMITH New Member

Although the engine wasn't built by Grant, He told me that Graham had thrown thousands and thousands at it.......In the region of fifteen G's he said. Grant did in all fairness say Graham had the best of everything in it.

From memory it made just over 200 hp @ wheels on TSR's old rolling road but a few people I spoke with said he couldn't get traction and everytime it was roaded it was the same.......No matter how many people sat on the slam panel!!!!!!!!!