Which metering head for best fuelling?

Discussion in 'Engines' started by paul_c, Jul 5, 2007.

1. paul_c Forum Member

Can it be temporarily fitted? If so, how much, etc???

2. bens_cab Forum Junkie

the lm1 is a probe which goes up the back box and the controller box that sits in the car with a digital gauge no hassle

the lc1 needs a probe in the downpipe and hard wiring

they are made innovative may be worth a look on the bay

3. fthaimike Forum Addict

good luck with it all, metering heads can be a nightmare

4. bens_cab Forum Junkie

5. paul_c Forum Member

Yep, found it and already asked the question on postage and payment! With the current exchange rate, I think even that one at $350 +P&P will easily undercut the cheapest UK one at 250 + 12 P&P. Since I'm going to need something similar for my next project, and a few other cars I'll be working on, its coming my way!!! Nice find!

6. bens_cab Forum Junkie

that will be the best bit of kit youll buy i use my lc1 on other cars to tune its just a pain to wire it up each time with the lm1 you just shove the probe up its bum and connect to the battery

toyotec prefered the lm1 to map my car plus it was easier to watch the digital gauge

7. fthaimike Forum Addict

Isn't there a lean/rich gauge you can get for cars? sure i seen one fitted before, or is that something different?

8. bens_cab Forum Junkie

yeah you can but unless your running a lambda probe they are no good the lm1 has it all and it can be fitted in 2 secs

really good piece of kit for tuning my car has never been near a rolling road fully seat of your pants road mapped lol

9. fthaimike Forum Addict

Ah right.

I rememebring them having to weld a piece on the mani for the probe on the car at the time, gauge did look sexy mind.

10. bens_cab Forum Junkie

yeah i have the lc-1 which has the lambda boss onthe downpipe proper pain in the butt to get out least with the lm1 you can use it on other cars without fannying around

stops alot of cost if you think your cars running rich gives you more time to try different things and test before you do finally rolling road it

11. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

That's not a 16v unit. I have one of them on my car, and a spare (for sale if anyone is interested). I was told that they are either from a Porsche, or from VWMS.
    The car is an ex-production spec race car, so there must be a reason for it. If only someone could tell me what it is. :lol:

12. IanCarvell Forum Member

I had the same problem with my 16v when I set it up.

I thought there was a problem with it, but Vince at Stealth didn't seem too concerned as if it is normal.

If you set it up with the right fueling at the top end it is really rich at 4krpm....I am convinced that the flap runs out of travel at 4k rpm on WOT, so from that point on it just gets leaner and leaner.

It may be done on purpose by the factory to stop it pinking lower down the rev range...I think it could be improved though

13. jamesa Forum Junkie

Interesting .... thanks

14. Mike_H Forum Addict

Isn't that the purpose of the famous "WUR Mod", so that the extra vacuum at higher revs pulls more fuel? Or does that not do anything more beyond WOT?

15. Mike_H Forum Addict

There's a porsche parts catalogue on the net, which might help you. I think Kjet 4-pot would be early 924, or maybe 944 as well. Later ones are Motronic Injection I think.

https://techinfo.porsche.com/techinfo/html/en/catalogue_content.htm

EDIT... just checked... early 944s are LJet (digifant-ish)

EDIT2 ... Can't find that part number on the Porsche Listings - either 4-pot or 6-pot cars.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  16. IanCarvell Forum Member

No the WUR mod just controls the control pressure so it changes the fueling right through the rev range.

17. seanlazyass Forum Member

My K-jets running 200bhp. I'll check the part no. on my metering head as soon as it stops p*ssing down outside!

18. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

19. Mike_H Forum Addict

I was actually thinking that the vacuum adds more fuel on the 16v WUR, but I can't get straight in my head whether the vacuum increases with engine revs, or whether it's maxed out at WOT, so no more fuel 'pull' after 4k revs (in the case mentioned earlier).

I had a look at mine, noticed on my 9A 16v that there's no vac pipe connected to the WUR, just a plastic plug on top. I wondered if others have done this too, or if I should definitely add the vac connection for more power.

20. Mike_H Forum Addict

Or another source... these guys have got some very nifty gadgets

http://tunertools.com/products.asp?cat=216