Which VW against a Focus RS?

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Claypole, Sep 13, 2004.

1. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Suppose I could always get a Caterham or Elise as well... ;) :lol:

2. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

I drove from Stoke to GErmany in mine and also felt very fresh when i got there..

I then had the best 3 days of my life, on a track, (where i passed an R32 ;) ) and then drove all the way back from Germany to Stoke -- still feeling fresh, if not tired.

I thank you.. a good night. [:D]

3. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

The journey to Cornwall used to kill me in my mk2.
    You must have very good seats, ear defenders and no teeth.
    Best days of my life have been surfing in France, winning kickboxing comps and gettin married.
    Driving is a passion but not an obsession. ;)

4. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Once again Matt turns the thread into the "R32 is the best car ever" :lol:

If they're SO good, answer me this - Why has AmD tuned over 150 UK R32s for more power? - Claire's getting the AmD st2 on her's at the end of the month 'cos she's bored of the performance.

Or should I say, "got used to it?" :lol:
    Edited by: G_V_K

5. Jeff Forum Junkie

you're the one that started bringing up figures. If your argument consists of figures, then dont complain when someone comes up with better figures. If figures arent important, then we'll forget that you said that, and forget I said what I said in reply, and you'll have no point. Other than the latest one about whole packages etc, which I agree on. Suits me but its then become totally off topic. Because all we are left with is you saying R32s are better cars than mk2s. nothing to do with this thread! :lol:

If it was possible I'd ask you to look me in the eye and tell me that earlier post wasnt meaning "oh you can get a mk2 to go faster but I could spend the same on my R32 and it would be faster still". Bet you couldnt look me in the eye and say so, because it blatently is what was meant. It was totally uneccesary in my opinion, which is the reason for replying, nothing to do with me not liking new cars. Are both shoes leaking now?

"muppet" keep your opinions of me to yourself or at least out of public places, please. :clap:

btw never have drunk white lightning, whisky has a far higher alcohol content for that sort of thing :p

see that bit of bold text? thats the first reference in this thread that I've seen to "your favourite argument" :lol:
    Edited by: Jeff

6. b'locks Forum Addict

tbh if i had a choice between an R32 and a modded mk2 then i know what i'd choose.....and i think a lot of other peeps would choose the same ;)

7. b'locks Forum Addict

:lol:

8. Jeff Forum Junkie

I would probably choose the r32, money no object, actually.

But certain people seem to feel they need to justify their purchase. [xx(]

edit, having just read it (again), with personal insults!

"deluded fool who thinks bhp/ is important"
    "muppet"
    "white lightning"
    etc [:x]
    Edited by: Jeff

9. Jeff Forum Junkie

sutherlandm, I dont go around calling you deluded for making your choices in life. I just like to point out when you try and justify it that your logic in doing so is flawed. You enjoy it, so why do you try to justify it?

10. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

It's actually becuase I have a grim and masochistic fascination with winding myself up and for that purpose, this site has no equal.
    :lol:

Of course I also have a sadistic fascination with winding others up and for that purpose, this site has no equal. :lol:

I also know that I'm much better than everyone else and that you should be honoured at the fact that I'm putting my very valuable time and effort into conversing with you at all. ;)

Plus of course my cars better than anything else ever made. ;)

It's tough being perfect but someone has to do it.

11. Jeff Forum Junkie

I get my kicks from driving. Well some anyway ;)

12. Claypole Forum Junkie

Well after all the discussion I nearly beat him this morning in my 1.6 GT. :p

...coz he was in a slower moving lane than me on the dual carriageway to work. :lol:oh and I've marked him down severely for smoking in it. [:s] no respect.

13. H8SV8S Forum Member

Nooooo....not the R32 vs Mk2 debate again!!! [:^(] :lol:

14. stevie211 Forum Member

:lol: seems to have gone of topic and got a bit heated too :p .....always fun reading others opinions ;)

15. GVK

Matt pulls a perfect body swerve past this post. :lol:

16. iguana Forum Member

Ok we going a tad off topic here but yes I feel in standard form they are a bit weak- R32= lovely & torqey at the bottom end but naff all happened when you wind 'em up further, they just get noiser, im not just taking internet balls coz I did get AMD the 1st R32 to be modded (Mick 'northern monkey' C's from PVW) when I was an AMD monkey & Ive got a bit of experience of them as standard & modded.

When modded yes far better car, freer breathing & revving, although to be fair even as standard I thought the handling & brakes were fan-flippin-tastic, I thought the package was the best out of the factory Golfy since Mk216vs were new.

Oh and others do Mod em you know- hate to think of the bank of AMD getting any richer!

Anyway back on topic, if we are talking modded dubs then a few ks worth of Mk1 with 2L valver lump will give a Focus RS a flipping hard time road or track, your honour the case for the VW defence rests. :lol:

17. iguana Forum Member

Other than of course when he drove for Benneton Ford :) his 1st world champion ship I belive :lol:

18. GVK

Agree with your comments Iguana, I too have driven a stock R32 quite a bit (Claire's my other half) so I'm also going on personal experience when I talk about the performance of these things, not just internet balls :lol:

Looking foward to the AmD st2 should be fun as they raise the limiter to 7200, always hitting it in 2nd gear (before 60mph)

Have a look on uk-mkiv's to witness a very unfortunate experience where an R32 was rendered immobile after an attempt (or 4) was made to upload the APR trial software in a pub car park [:^(] But that's straying way OT.

Already been mentioned in this thread but it's deemed irrellevant as it was the GVK/Tubthumped stopwatch around Donny national and not the TG test track :lol:
    Edited by: G_V_K

19. richgit Forum Junkie

I've got about 100bhp per tonne more than most of you.

Probably about 270bhp/tonne. So I win, my car's the best car in the world ever, and lalala. :)
    Edited by: richgit

20. stevie211 Forum Member

:lol: so true ;) but if the focus rs driver spent as much as u have he'd be even faster than u [:D]