Work On The Mk2 20v (Now with finished pictures!)

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Hutley-20VT, Feb 23, 2008.

1. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

After a certain year, can't remember which (but I know you need them on a UK reistered G reg Rallye) side repeaters are a requirement for the MOT.

Therefore, technically it is illegal to run without them. But only if the MOT tester notices.

2. Hutley-20VT Forum Member

Quick little up date. (Thanks for all the replys guys)!!

The car is starting to get sprayed today! [:D] [:D] [:D]

Ive got my compressor and all the bits i need. Got my paint made up, looks so shiney in the tin! Sorry there are no pics but they are on my friends camara and hes asleep still.

Will take lots of pictures for those of you who are interested, and try and post them up later on as i will have the laptop with me today.

Yer i did, had a good chat with the guy i brought it from, think its 24liters

Would be more than happy to help out, there is one problem tho, you do live 3 hours away tho :lol:

3. Hutley-20VT Forum Member

Thanks for the reply. I didnt have one working on my H reg golf and it past its mot, so i guess it just depends what garage you go to maybe?

4. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

well done for getting stuck in there!!!! I have been looking at a clarke compressor and gun on ebay brand new for just under 300 which seemed good. what did you get in the end?

wise choice going with atlas grey, lovely colour for a mk2

5. Hawkesybaby Forum Member

3 hours (piff) no distance ill provide board lol! Wish my friends would be as willing as yours id get the old "yeah right, fuvk off" routine lol!

Dan [:o)]

6. Hutley-20VT Forum Member

Cor what a day!!

Started out ok, took all the bits off that had to got all the parts of the car masked off that had to be was all going smooth, so i thought right lets give the compressor a quick go and test the spray gun. So i turn it on and it smells abit funny, but it is a brand new motor inside and sometimes they do. So i sprayed the gun once when my friend said to me look at the compressor!! And there is smoke coming threw every vent!! Then suddenly it shorted out, sparks flying everywhere and then caught on fire!! Wasnt a fun task of trying to turn it off and unplug it[:s] So i took it back to screw fix and got a replacement, turned this one on fearing for my life:lol: but it all worked fine. So mixed up the paint with the thinners, put it in the gun and the gun was broke as it didnt spray properly!! So i now have to take that back and get it replaced tomorrow. then hopefully i cant get on with some spraying!!

Got a couple of pictures but only of preparation because of the parts not working, will put them up tomorrow, to lazy to go get the camara from downstairs:lol:

7. Hutley-20VT Forum Member

The paint job is finished[:D]

Im quite happy with it tbh, havent been able to update threw it as my internet isnt working right, will be takeing pictures of the car tomorrow, and posting them.

8. smillsey Forum Member

where are these pics then me ode?

looking forward to finishing the finished article

9. bula_82 Forum Junkie

err yeah, pics! ;)

10. Hutley-20VT Forum Member

Sorry about the wait my internet isnt working very well and havent been able to upload pictures but i now have some!! So Here we go...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ino its not the best, but im only an apprentise, so money isnt good for me atm:lol:

It still needs another good polish, but all in all im quite happy with my work:)

Please give your comments.

11. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

very nice. has it been out and about?

12. Hutley-20VT Forum Member

Thanks:) um havent driven it much yet. Just to the girlfriends house and back really:)

13. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

really like it, apart from the side exit exhaust?!??! whats the deal with it? looks like a 1.6 driver little pipe sticking out lol

14. bula_82 Forum Junkie

its nice!

where were the pics taken that arent outside (presuming) your house? looks like a country park of some sort

15. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

danbury park? i love that place

16. Hutley-20VT Forum Member

Well there are times when i think the same thing:lol:

I do like it tho, but i guess it wont be to everyones taste, i think i will change it tho, so the pipe points out towards the back of the car more, well thats what i would like to do:)

17. Hutley-20VT Forum Member

Yes some of the pictures are on my drive, but the other ones are at a place thats about 2mins form my house in rayne. Its the driveway to someones farm, but thought it was a cool place for a picture:) might pop out and get a few more tomorrow in some different spots.

18. bula_82 Forum Junkie

where is it? im guessing danbury lol.

next time you can be arsed to clean the car (or bring it to me, i'll do it) and maybe when the boys all have their cars clean, we'll have to have a meet there and get some decent pics, it looks nice.

19. bula_82 Forum Junkie

ah, its not danbury park lol. either way i need aome decent photo's of mine

(sorry to hijack!!)

20. Hutley-20VT Forum Member

haha thats ok hijack all you like:) there are a couple of good spots for car photos around where i live, i will take some tomorrow and show you some more places. Plus there is a massive air feild 10mins away!! Always good fun:)