Work On The Mk2 20v (Now with finished pictures!)

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Hutley-20VT, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

do you have access to get on the airfield?

2. Hutley-20VT Forum Member

Sorry i did phrase that wrong, just so used to what my friends and i call it.

I ment there is a big stretch of road next to an airfield, still great for driving and pictures tho :)

But you can drive up to the airfeild there is no one to stop you, you might get asked to leave, but if you quickly park and take pictures that would proberly work, im sure they wouldnt mind anyway:lol:

3. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

looks great cant belei you spryed your hole car with aierosol !! awsm!! have you put clear laquer on it though cos if you did it would be even shinier and protect the paint! good job

4. Hutley-20VT Forum Member

When you say aierosol you mean can? if so i didnt do that, it worked out better to buy a compressor and spray gun. Yes i did put lacquer on it, just needs to all be buffed and polished now[:D] thanks:)

5. DK1972 New Member

My Mk2 Had Rusty Hole Under Rear Arch Too-sill Rotted From Inside Out Due To Water Getting In-watch Out. Car Will Be Awesome When Finished. Top Work Fella!

6. prof Forum Addict

man shoot loads more laquer on before you try and polish that

7. sdall30 Forum Member

looks great and all the better knowing you did it yourself ,and screw anybody that tells you any different, I wish I had the balls to tackle such a big job myself.

Top marks..

8. Hutley-20VT Forum Member

Thanks for that comment:) ino its not the best paint job in the world, but only cost me about 300 - 400 and i am quite happy with it, and like you said theres that bit about it just to think you did it yourself, well plus a couple of friends. Was more a trial and error thing and then next time it will be even better[:D]