Worth repairing? [:^(]

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by cometbluecoupe, Dec 12, 2009.

1. cometbluecoupe Forum Member

Ahh its not mint really at all but for a fairly cheap price it keeps the car alive for a few years yet (hopefully!). :)

Cheers

D

2. theboymike Forum Junkie

Crikey - 60k... although to be fair I think these are a lot less important than the other filters on the car..

Sounds like you have a good attitude to the car; I try to think of mine in a similar way. Much as they're still irritating, I attempt to consider little bits of wear and damage as adding character rather than ruining an otherwise mint motor.

Have you considered poly bushes? Also, are you sure the steering geometry is all good? Sorting this on mine made an enormous difference to the handling. If the motor dies, you'll have a good excuse to replace it with an ABF ;)

My car's still going; being skint it doesn't get too many outings; usually only one or two trips to Oxford to see the mrs. Enjoying it though; just got back from giving it some heel and toe action around one of my favourite roads [:D]

Hope to see you out and about again in the future :thumbup:

3. classact1 Forum Member

you need to geet it done properly and its worth it . lean on the police to get the information ...you dont have to pay the dvla ..reubbish its all on computer . look up the reg , go see the owner and take ot from there , but you need crime reference as you are the victim of a hit and run , so you need to cover your **** by doing this .

if police not on the case enough , go to c.a.b. who will tell you what to do ,

they will have to sort it out and you will get car dorted !

4. cometbluecoupe Forum Member

Haha - yeah - i had forgotten completely about the fuel filter on this one as it was just done when I bought it 2.5 yrs ago, the one that came off though the other day was fairly grubby inside and out.

Yeah I still get annoyed at the knocks and scrapes, but at the end of the day its my only car and doing 25-30k miles a year and in every day in busy car parks, its going to happen. The only thing which i think really does take its toll is winter driving and all the road salt getting caked on....wish i had the space for another car (comfy barge such as an old Audi 80 or A4 to use for work would be ideal - so cheap to buy at the moment) Do you run another motor as well as your golf?

I did the polybushes on the rear beam on my silver one and that made real difference so just trying to find time to do it on this one too as although they keep going through the mot, they must be tired. Seen some lemforder wishbones at ECP - apparently as good as VW ones but a lot cheaper, might try and put these in to to sharpen it up a bit.

There are some good roads round here for a blast, my favorite has to be the road between charlbury and burford, some nice bends if a bit bumpy!

Cheers

D