yokohama PARADA

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by BIG AL, Jan 18, 2007.

1. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

To be honest they are no worse in the wet/cold than the Avons I had on before. I don't think the sidewalls are that rigid I think they are comfy and not at all noisey.
    Yes I think my car is better on 195s. Better in wet, sharper steering, more 'feel'. Also sooooo much cheaper than 205s.

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

my thinking exactly ;) once i have the bushes done, ill get the tracking done too and then slap some 195s on

3. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

You can run more negative with narrower tyres which we all know helps the handling;)

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

so how do these compare to eagles then?

5. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

I couldn't say as I have never used Eagle F1s.

6. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

Had the day off today and it's been raining most for most of it. So got the chance to go out and see what these tyres are really like in the wet. Well if you don't drive like a complete **** then they are pretty good. Couple of twitches when pushed hard, but then you shouldn't be trying to drive as fast in the wet as the dry anyway. They have got some big deep channels in them so feel okay in standing water to.
    To some up I am well chuffed:thumbup:

7. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

i had these on my old mk3. thought they were very good. ususally stick with the toyo proxies tho.sadly due to lack of funds i needed to get some budget tyres. made by yokohama but they are called 'velocities'.look same as paradas but are AWFUL in the wet.

8. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

im looking to go for A539s or paradas for the next set.. which will be in a week or so, ive done wishbone polys, gonna get tracking done and new tyres.

9. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

Get your tyres done first then the tracking it makes a difference and is the 'proper way' to do it.

10. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

ok, i just thought it would be best to get tracking done then tyres.

what diff do you recon it makes? (no being awkward, just cant see why it would be different)

11. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

On new tyres you know the wheel is sitting dead flat ei: say the tyre is worn on the inner edge. This will give you slightly more neg camber which in turn gives you more toe out. So if the tracking etc is set with worn tyres when you fit new tyres it will all be out again, if only slight.
    I'm just anal about things like this[:-B]

12. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

yup, that makes sense.

ive got a fair bit negitive camber on mine, but my F1s are more worn on the outer half of the tyre lol

im looking forward to new tyres. every car ive had for the last 5 years has had at least 1 slow puncture. i want to be puncture free and have everything balanced so that i can go upto silly speeds without any shakes.

its hard to get a decent service anywhere. chances are ill end up with at least one wheel shagged during the fitting process, theyll only have clamp on weights etc

i hate having to take my car to other people

13. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

Matt if you fancy a trip to West Wales I'll do it all for you:lol:

14. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

what else is good to do in west wales? if i had a gf at the mo, thats the sorta thing id do for a weekend away lol i cant beleive she came away to cornwall etc in this car for a weekend (lands end to southend in a day, in my car, even then it was pretty uncivilised!) she put up with a lot, no wonder she legged it lol

15. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

There are some fantastic roads[}:)] There are some really sh!@ ones aswell[xx(], but mostly good.

16. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

life is not complete without some good fun roads. whats your postcode? ill whack it in routefinder and see how far it is, could be a laugh

17. wotsgoodinthehood Forum Member

Can anyone rate Falken Ziex ZE-512s?

I need to bin my Yoko A539s cos they're barely road legal! the tool i bought the car from fitted them but neglected to adjust the toe in. I didnt know this and before i knew it the the inner halves are almost slicks!!:lol: [:$]

18. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

ive heard good things about those, aparently they rave about those on the jap boards.

what did you think about the a539s?

by all accounts, the falkens are on par with the toyos.

the paradas are still a bit unknown

19. wotsgoodinthehood Forum Member

I'm looking at the Falkens or the Toyo Proxes T1-Rs...leaning more towards the Toyos at the mo. A smidgen pricier but handles much better.

The A539s were boss in the warm and dry conditions but cold and wet were a nightmare...they were like glass sometimes. I guess its because of the soft compound or something.[:s] They also grind down very easily so lifespan is pants. A short but colourful life i might add!![:D] I'd still recommend them though!!

I dont think Paradas are worth going for if used everyday but i'm no expert...[:$]

20. vw_stu Forum Member

i used to have 539s and personally i thought they were utter c**p. they were ok in the dry, not fantastic, but in the wet they were downright scary, really twitchy, like they weren`t quite in contact with the road.

since then i`ve put the paradas on and they`re awesome. great in the dry (on par with pirelli p5000 dragos) and in the wet they`re probably the best tyre i`ve had.