yokohama PARADA

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by BIG AL, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

have you compared them to eagles? im on eagles at the moment and fancy a change from predictable F1s.... ive heard good things about the paradas, i think theyre my next purchase

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i ordered mine today... should be on the car in a couple weeks [:D]

ill let you all know

3. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

You won't regret it. I haven't, and the more I drive on them the more I like them[:D]

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

my paradas are now on. i need to get the tracking done asap but im going to ultimate dubs tomorrow and want the car polished before then :S

they look awesome :clap:

feel odd at the moment cos theyre brand new, need to scrub them in a bit so have done a bit of F1 style weaving.

might pop out now to see if there is a nationwide auto centre place around here

5. beezy16v Forum Member

A539's are the best tyres iv'e had. I think they are amazing in the dry and not noticabley bad in the wet.

6. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i got my tracking done at an F1 autocentre. 30 quid (he tried to convince me that the back end might need tracking too and would cost another 30 lol)

they seem ok so far.

funny how tyre reviews are so mixed.

there are plenty of posts out there saying A539s are bad, hence i didnt wanna take the risk

7. FaTT mk1 Forum Member

BUMP FOR MORE RATINGS.....

ive got these on the front of the mrs 20vt polo and there shocking this time of the year, it under stears like a mofo!!

Id imagine they would be good in hot dry weather tho and was thinking of getting some for my mk1? Either that or 888 for the front and just t1r's for the rear, it will be mostly sprinting on the quarter mile tho...... any ideas?

8. craggsy Forum Member

The pradas take ages to wear out when you want em too. Been trying to kill mine so I can get some R888s on but try as I might I cant kill em!!!
    3 trips to the Pod and using them daily havent took much off em, 1 more try at pod at spring Fest then they are being binned regardless

9. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

kumho ku31s knock spots off the paradas. i currently have those and recommend them very highly

10. craggsy Forum Member

I only have em coz they were on my MOs when i bought em

11. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

I killed my fronts in 9k[:$]

I still love the Parada and can't say a bad thing about them. Not as good in the wet as some tyres, but hardly ****e. Fantastic grip in the dry.

12. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

pretty untouchable in the dry, but when worn and in the wet they are definately sketchy when it came to handling standing water

my next set will be vredestein sportrac 3

13. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

I used to run 539s on my old minis, an loved them!! in the wet they were ok, not magic but okies...in the dry very good and on track were wicked!!!! I might be dropping another set on the mk1 in the summer

14. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

My works is a Vredestein agent, and having driven many cars with the Sportrac 3 on I can say that they are a very good tyre especially in the wet.

15. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i dont know why i have the compulsive urge to try new this and new that

the kumhos have managed 14k, they have a fair bit of life yet, but ill be surprised if they get to 20k, but for 40 a corner you really cannot complain one bit. well worth a punt after your paradas are finished