2.0L 16v supercharged Lupo

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by LUPOCHARGED, Jan 26, 2013.

1. coxy1042000 New Member

Loved reading your thread m8 it's giveing me a few ideas
    , I'm new to the forums and have just took my lupo off the road due to failing emissions on the mot so we're whipping the head off.it tomoz too see what's happening

2. LUPOCHARGED

LUPOCHARGED Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks mate. Good luck with the Lupo's head off

3. LUPOCHARGED

Well after sleeping on the colour that i finally chose (signature will give a clue) of to the lock up i went to put into practise what i slept on. The gearbox was the first culprit and after what seemed a life time with only it's first coat i could see i had chosen well:idea:[​IMG]. It was quite warm and humid and when i stood up i nearly passed out so popped outside for some much needed unfresh air while taking in the colour. Back to the painting and things started to move very quickly.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].First coat over so back out for a little breath of stale air (It's a London thing) Then started all over again from the gearbox end.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].And that is where i left it to dry out over night.

4. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

I liked the look of it in etch primer , but that is a really nice blue!!:thumbup:

5. LUPOCHARGED

Popped in to the garage late Friday afternoon to see how the colour was setting and it put a big smile on my face. So i started to break the colour up abit by first fitting the rocker cover and then the starter motor.This was the outcome.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].I will start to add parts on as the weather permits. Looks like today is the last day of Summer:). Can't complain it's hung around for longer than usual:thumbup:

6. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Awesome mate

[​IMG]

7. LUPOCHARGED

Loving it:thumbup:

8. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Looks good!!! Will it come off where the manifold gasket sits easily enough?

9. LUPOCHARGED

Good morning and thank you for your kind comment. Once cured the only way it will come of is skimmed or scraped

10. LUPOCHARGED

Today was not outside friendly weather so i stayed in and done some cleaning up of parts getting them ready for fitting or painting and then fitting. Didn't realise how filthy the hoses were so a light sprinkling of fairy liquid put paid to that and 2 rinses later i was happy with the outcome. They will get some tyre shine before fitting.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].Even the shifter cable bracket needed a good clean and i've gotta say it came up like new. Some etch primer for the bracket tomorrow.[​IMG].The plastic will get some back to black bumper cream to get them in as new condition.And finally the gearbox slave cylinder that was just a mess to start with. The wire brush took most of the crap away then a wipe down with some white spirits made it look as good as new. That will also get some etch primer tomorrow with the timing belt metal back plate.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].Tomorrow is another day:)

11. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

My Wife would have kicked me to death [xx(]

[​IMG]

12. LUPOCHARGED

This is the pleasures of having my own man cave. I can do what i want when i want with no fear whatsoever :thumbup:

fasteddie likes this.
  13. LUPOCHARGED

Popped down the garage this morning as the sun has got it's hat on and fitted the M8 stainless steel studs in preparation of fourth coming inlet manifold which is on route from Germany as we speak. This stud kit is of excellent quality for inlet and exhaust and can be purchased of Ebay. You get 16 allen head M8 studs 16 washers and 16 aero-nuts all stainless steel for Ford Sierra Cosworth. Fits the VW 16v head nicely.[​IMG]. Also had a spare oil cap for the rocker cover which came from my Fsi rocker cover. Perfect fit:thumbup:.[​IMG]. Had to also remove exhaust manifold, which is a good fit but needs clearance up to 12mm so runners will need to be cut, flange will need machining then runners welded.[​IMG].The joys of conversions wouldn't have it any other way:thumbup:.

14. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

"This is the pleasures of having my own man cave. I can do what i want when i want with no fear whatsoever "

When I was younger I used to be the man [8(]
    But it all changed when I wasn't looking [xx(]

15. LUPOCHARGED

Common it can't be that bad:)

16. LUPOCHARGED

A few bits to add to this build had a few coats of etch primer. The sun was out and it made sense to make the most of. Even though the rain tried to stop play even saw a rainbow:).[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].Added this part in which will aid fitting of 02s 6 speed gearbox conversion at a later date.[​IMG].[​IMG].While drying out popped out with the exhaust manifold and left it with Sam who is going to do the adjustment for me also picked up some hydraulic pipe work to adapt gearbox slave cylinder. Came home just in time to catch the last bit of warm sunshine and since the etch priming had dried up nicely I gave all the parts their final colour. [​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG]. All items have now been left to dry out over night.

17. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Your getting to be very Arty all this painting [8D]
    Looking good :thumbup:

18. LUPOCHARGED

Cheers. Once it's up and running i won't have time to do things like that so i better do as much as i can while the car is stationery. :)

19. LUPOCHARGED

Having fun adapting my clutch pedal to gearbox slave cylinder pipe work.[​IMG]. This fitting is the original from my Lupo. The fitting towards the clutch pedal is spot on where as the fitting towards the gearbox slave cylinder needs modifying. Good thing for the Mk4 golf with 02M box it comes with the correct fittings for what i need. It's a little bit longer but hey i'm not complaining.[​IMG]. I am also going to take a leaf out of fasteddie's book and cover these pipe in heatshrink:thumbup:

20. LUPOCHARGED

Finally got my exhaust manifold back and went to the garage to fit it. What a difference 12mm can make. I can now get my hands round the back of the manifold and the space where the steering knuckle buldge has about 20mm clearance.[​IMG].[​IMG]. Also got this little kit of ebay (stainless steel hose clamps) which came in very handy so started to fit a few water hoses.[​IMG].[​IMG].Just waiting for a few fittings to turn up so i can continue engine bay dressing:)