2.0L 16v supercharged Lupo

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by LUPOCHARGED, Jan 26, 2013.

1. LUPOCHARGED

LUPOCHARGED Paid Member Paid Member

On another note after what Nige has been through (hope everything comes together for you) I wanted a Autotech cam pulley for my set up so i decided to shop at 034 motorsports USA and looked forward to my item turning up to receive this from Fedex.[​IMG].[​IMG]. The jiffy bag was damaged period so i knew what was coming next.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG]. 10 teeth on the cam pulley were damaged beyond repair and 1 of the adjusting studs lost over a 1mm in height.:(. On a good note after sending photos and putting in a complaint 034 has sent me another cam wheel all fully paid up and on route with DHL:thumbup:

2. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Hi nice thread keep it up :thumbup:
    I can feel for you on the back pain [:x] I'm 6'3 and after being a hod carrier in early working life and then a major car crash at 23 my back went at 37 spent 12 months in bed over a 2 yr period at times I was on morphine but :cry: like a baby with the pain tried all sorts to get sorted but in the end lying down was only thing that stopped the pain [8(]
    Glad your slowly recovering take things steady is all I can recommend but keep us informed of your progress :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

LUPOCHARGED likes this.
  3. LUPOCHARGED

Lupo shifter cables all extended and ready to go back into the car:).[​IMG].

4. LUPOCHARGED

Today i have to stay home as it's boiler service day so while waiting i though i would give alternator bracket a good clean up.[​IMG]. Cillit bang and the dirt is gone.[​IMG].Came up very clean.[​IMG].[​IMG]. Then decided to give it and the rocker cover a nice coat of etch primmer.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG]. Now drying out in the humid weather:thumbup:

5. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Bang it in the oven while the mrs is out lol
    Nice work :thumbup:

6. LUPOCHARGED

Ha ha nice one this is the man cave so anything goes lol. It's so hot out here i'm sweating buckets:)

7. LUPOCHARGED

Rocker cover will be flattened with a few more coats of paint before lacquer is added as for alternator bracket i'm happy with that:).[​IMG].[​IMG].

8. LUPOCHARGED

Spent most of the day at hospital today and when i got home saw one of the tried to deliver notes on the floor well good Dhl driver left my package with the neighbour:thumbup:. Saves me having to collect it at the weekend so this little packet turned up.[​IMG]. So what with applying lacquer to the rocker cover and fitting pulley to the head fitting lupo shifter back in it's location it's gonna be a busy weekend weather permitting.

9. LUPOCHARGED

This shifter needed to go back home.[​IMG]. It was missing it's homely surroundings.[​IMG] Ah that smell of leather i nearly got comfortable.[​IMG].[​IMG].With shifter fitted back in place[​IMG]. and cables protruding nicely into engine bay.[​IMG].I refitted all heat shields and brackets replacing rusty nuts with stainless versions.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].I decided to take the mat from the bulkhead give it a good clean with white spirits and cover it in heat reflective material.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].Windscreen washer bottle was taking up to much space.[​IMG]. So it got kicked to the kerb and left me with some cleaning up to do.[​IMG].[​IMG]. Will find me one of them water bags that you can fit in the wheel arch when i find some spare time:thumbup:

10. LUPOCHARGED

Spent most of the day finishing putting this together.[​IMG]. What a pain in the rear[:x][​IMG].After 101 foul mouth languages coming from all corners the cams which were the main headache behaved themselves and done what they were suppose to do.[​IMG]. After a much needed very late lunch break i decided to take the crank out of this.[​IMG]. Put it in here.[​IMG]. And move everything into my makeshift workshop. Something to do over the winter nights:)

11. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

I feel your stress :(
    Cars melt you ..fact [:s]

12. LUPOCHARGED

Can't live with them Can't live without them:)

13. LUPOCHARGED

With the cylinder head fitted and torqued to ARP spec i thought it would be time to fit the first part of the exhaust headers to see how much space i really had round the back of the engine. Well tight as a %^*" $%*& springs to mind. Its on and secured to the cylinder head. The space is more to the right hand side looking into the engine bay. When the car goes to get the rest of the system made the complete manifold will need twisting to a 45 degree angle to make use of that space and clear my steering knuckle bulge as well as power steering fittings.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].

jamesa likes this.
  14. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Tasty [8D][8D]

I like it :thumbup:

[​IMG]

15. LUPOCHARGED

Cheers I am happy you like:)

16. 9N3 Turbo New Member

17. LUPOCHARGED

Still got to get the manifold cut 1" from the flange on all four runners and have it twisted 45 degree towards the abs module for more clearance other than that i'm happy with the fitment:)

18. BR_337 Forum Member

Awesome build :thumbup:

19. LUPOCHARGED

Thank you :thumbup:

20. LUPOCHARGED

Today is the 1st October 2014 and even though it started of wet the day turned out quite warm so i decided to do something that has always been in the back of my mind and i have to thank fasteddie for what i did next. A few things in the engine bay were letting the install down so out came the wire brush and some thinners and the gearbox got the fright of it's life i also felt a little dizzy what with the fumes so while i was sucking on fresh air that gave the gearbox some drying out time. Then the artistic side of me came out with my tin of etch primer and this is how things look as of 16.30 this afternoon.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].Tomorrow will be painting day:thumbup:

fasteddie likes this.