2.0L 16v supercharged Lupo

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by LUPOCHARGED, Jan 26, 2013.

1. LUPOCHARGED

LUPOCHARGED Paid Member Paid Member

Hi these are the black tops (48 to 45) toyota itbs

2. LUPOCHARGED

Haven't updated my build thread in a long time due to back trouble. Old age springs to mind, anyway the alloy block build has been put on the back burner cause there is to many complications and it's got to the point where i want my Lupo back on the road. So ABF 16v will be keeping me company for the mean time. Will update with some photos soon

3. LUPOCHARGED

Got myself a little gadget from the good ole US of A which turned up while i was away soaking up some sunshine while viewing some lovely cars and fit young ladies (M.I.V.W.) This little gadget will help me to torque the crankshaft bolt to correct spec and also the flywheel and clutch plate.[​IMG].

4. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Hey how's things mate. :thumbup:

Nice to see the Lupo is getting nearer and nearer to finishing. ABF sounds good. ;)

Would be great to see it at a London meet in the near future. Keeping an eye on this thread :thumbup:

5. LUPOCHARGED

Hi Richard i'm good slowly but surely getting my strenght back can't wait to finish up. Hope things are good with you and MK2 20vt. Have a good day

6. LUPOCHARGED

Needed to get out the house today as rest and recuperation was driving me round the bend so of to the garage i went to put this crank lock to the test. Life could not be any easier it bolted straight on and i was able to tighten crank bolt to specification as well as flywheel too.[​IMG].[​IMG].

7. LUPOCHARGED

Engine block crankcase breather modified with AN fitting. Rocker cover all so fitted with AN fitting both ready for catch can fitting.[​IMG].[​IMG].

8. bantan45 Forum Member

I am loving this build pal but wow how long till we here the beast fire up also what management will you be running it on

9. LUPOCHARGED

At the mo disc 5,6 and 7 are pinching on my nerves also lost 80% use in right arm:( . Awaiting surgery as we speak so i can only do little bits until i'm back to 100%. Emerald K3 will be running the show. I'm hoping to have this up and running sometime in 2015.:)

10. LUPOCHARGED

A good friend of mine came round today to give me a helping hand. To make sure flywheel was torqued up correctly and the same for the crank pulley. When we were happy both had been done the clutch was fitted and cover plate torque to VW spec then together we fitted gearbox on and i bolted it up. Thanks Twain your help is appreciated.[​IMG].[​IMG]. Next up will be dropping this into the bay:thumbup:

11. Lewvw New Member

Some great fabrication here!

12. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Glad to hear you're not letting the back pain stop you H! Top work here , and thanks for the advice with my build.

13. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

good work mate ...keep it moving :thumbup:

14. LUPOCHARGED

Another part added to the project. Could not find one in the UK for sale. Had to visit Ebay.de and hey presto i found one. I refused bluntly to use the v-belt set-up to much squealing and whining. And the ABF water pump pulley???. So this is what i found (needle in a haystack)comes to mind.[​IMG].[​IMG]. Will renew water pump just for peace of mind.

15. LUPOCHARGED

Well today was a total washout back to the normal British weather:cry: i did manage to do a few bits and i mean a few then thought it's warmer and drier in doors so knocked this out and called it a day before i even started lol.[​IMG]. New crank trigger loom purchased.[​IMG]. And fitted. New starter motor and front engine securing bracket fitted.[​IMG]. And re-fitted engine crankcase breather plate.[​IMG]. It will all get in the engine bay one day:).

16. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Whats the starter out off ?

17. LUPOCHARGED

It's a new one from Seat Toledo ABF

18. LUPOCHARGED

Just a quick update my son was of work today so with his help and a early morning visit we popped down to the lock up got the engine hoist out set it up and hooked the engine and gearbox up:). It started spitting rain so we had to move quickly. 10 minutes later we were done. A big thank you Jnr from dad:thumbup:.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG]. Well gearbox and engine has finally found it's new home so from here on in i can start dressing things up.

KeithMac likes this.
  19. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

all you needed for the waterpump was 1.8-2.0 mk3 non-ac or a vr6 waterpump pulley, they all run off the ribbed belt. its only the a/c mk3 which have the waterpump on the pas pump v belt. cheap from VW!

never mind though you got it sorted :thumbup:

20. LUPOCHARGED

rubjonny this one is the ajustable pulley comes in handy for supercharging status:)