2.0L 16v supercharged Lupo

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by LUPOCHARGED, Jan 26, 2013.

1. LUPOCHARGED

LUPOCHARGED Paid Member Paid Member

Hi Craig you should be able to use your subframe with cups attached(mine was jigged from a Mk3 16v/Vr6 subframe) Main reason for tagging the front end was to give it more support. You will be shocked by how much the front end was wobbling.Using Mk3 golf 16v Engine mounts and gearbox mounts makes the fittment oem like.Reason for me using the lupo gti subframe i converted mine from 1.4 16v sport to Lupo Gti spec. Hope the info is helpful. Happy building:thumbup:

2. MK1Junkie New Member

That's great info, I appreciate it. I've struggled to find much info on 2.0 16v engine conversions for the Lupo so it all helps.

Ive got the mounts on the subframe now and just have to line up the front crossmember for welding. I'm having problems with the serpentine belt tensioner fouling the chassis leg though. I think that the drivers side mount at the rear is sitting a bit low though so I'm gonna put a spacer in and see if that makes any difference. Did you encounter this issue with yours?

thanks again

Craig.

3. LUPOCHARGED

Yes i did encounter that problem so i had the chassis leg dressed backed and boxed to put the strength back. Also if you can get your hands on the short stubby master cylinder from a 1999/2001 spec ibiza cupra turbo it will give you some clearance around the cylinder head area

4. MK1Junkie New Member

Ah top man, thank you. I've got a early 8v tensioner setup ordered which should hopefully solve the clearance issue. Thank you for the tip on the MC, it is tight with the standard one on so some extra space will be really handy.

I'm tackling the wiring this weekend so no doubt a few more headaches coming my way.

Craig.

5. LUPOCHARGED

Finally got myself a nice cylinder all beefed up and nearly ready to sit on the block bar light weight lifters and a pair of uprated camshafts. Another Ebay steal lol.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].Roll on pay day:thumbup:

6. LUPOCHARGED

Hydraulic lifters finally turned up and light they are matched up against the originals 82g to 63g thats a good weight saving overall:).[​IMG]. Also got me a few bits to finish off my custom harness while waiting for bonus payment to get the camshafts i really want.[​IMG].[​IMG]. Kit to make injector loom and air temp loom.[​IMG].[​IMG]. Kit to make and complete Coil On Plug loom.

Nige likes this.
  7. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Looks like great work!

8. LUPOCHARGED

Thanks. it keeps me sane:)

9. LUPOCHARGED

Another little bit of the cylinder head puzzle turned up today. Can you believe this is a factory part:).[​IMG].

10. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Keep up the great work, its coming along nicely. Hopefully catch up soon. :thumbup:

11. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

nice work going on here!

I don`t want to say but i think you should redo the driveshaft, you should get ends remachined in the original shaft once its shortened, if you want info give me a shout

12. LUPOCHARGED

Thanks for the heads up Cerips I knew this just didn't think i would get this part

13. LUPOCHARGED

All info is taken on board so i'm giving you a shout. Please shout back at madlupo@hotmail.co.uk. Thank you in advance

14. notenoughtime

Pm`ed :thumbup:

15. mcscooby New Member

I'd love to have a go in a 'charged Lupo, I had an Arosa and they're great fun to drive.

16. LUPOCHARGED

Another piece to the cylinder head puzzle. Gains me a few bhp and keeps the head cool when hot.[​IMG].

17. LUPOCHARGED

Waited the best part of 6 weeks for these little beauties to turn up only for customs to delay the wait for a further 2 weeks. Worth the wait:).[​IMG].

Richard Mk2 likes this.
  18. notenoughtime

19. LUPOCHARGED

[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].My attempt at throttle bodies to give my build a good kick up the exhaust pipe. Now to wait patiently for some sunshine so i can give it a lick of paint:)

Coldforged likes this.
  20. rabbit16V New Member

So a small question: that are the silver top (from 45 to 42) or black top (from 48 to 45) toyota throttle bodies?