A Copper Crashed Into Me!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by S1MMA, Nov 22, 2003.

1. spaced Forum Member

What a frustration!

Edited by: SpaceD-GTi

2. S1MMA Forum Member

Update:

The police insurance company have sent my people a letter, saying the liability is being disputed. They say the copper had his lights on and 'was preceding in a normal manner', if you call going through a red light and crossing 4 lanes of moving traffic after coming round a blind corner 'normal',

The cheeky f*ckfaces also say 'its worth noting that the witness who was driving alongside the insured (me) managed to avoid a collision'. No f*cking sh1t mate, the copper managed to stop with the help of my front bumper which stopped him travelling into the witnesses lane! If the police and the police insurance copmany are that stupid then I should be ok if it goes to court. Any judge will see that the coppers and their insurers are full of sh1t!!!

I got so p1ssed off when I read that letter, how can people be so stupid! [:x] [:x] [:x]
    Edited by: S1MMA

3. Steve Allen Forum Member

All the best S1mma, they will try to duck and dive as much as possible. keep up the replies. Kick their lilly asses. [}:)]

4. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Get a solicitor to send a letter asking for the tape.
    They're just trying to scare you now.

Either way, good luck.

5. S1MMA Forum Member

I'm including that in the reply letter to the solicitor, the insurance company still had no joy getting the tape.

6. road rally Forum Member

Simma - have you had a look at this:-

Independant Police Complaints Commission

So it would seem reasonable to allow you access to viewing the cctv footage, and answering questions about the nature of the emergency call, surely? Maybe it would be worth your while mentioning you are considering making a misconduct complaint about the police driver, and you need the details to evaluate, in your own opinion, as to whether to persue a complaint against him?

Either way, good luck. Don't let the b'stards grind you down [:x]
    Edited by: road rally

7. S1MMA Forum Member

thats some good info, cheers for that. I'll let my solicitor know about it.

8. Dietrich Forum Member

Been over a month...

Any news?

Tom

9. whitehot8v Forum Member

"BAR STEWARDS" [:x]

10. S1MMA Forum Member

i've had correspondance from my insurance company, after I sent a reply to the third party letter. My insurer said he's going to wait for a reply from the third party insurers, and if they're still playing funny buggers then he'll begin legal action and we'll go to court.

So just sitting and waiting for the sh1t to hit the fan now. Getting my boxing gloves at the ready.

11. eddiegaskit Banned

12. Bronze MK1 Cab Forum Member

Boody hell S1mma, what a load of hasstle [xx(] Only just come across this thread. How's it all going?

Glad those nice BBS's are still in one piece ;)
    Edited by: Bronze MK1 Cab

13. S1MMA Forum Member

just still waiting for my solicitors to get back to me and see if we're taking them to court, taking ages but I'm gonna stick it out.

Yeah, the first thing I chacked was that the front bbs's were ok, then I breathed out and surveyed the wrecked front end! didnt want to try and find a second hand replacement, or chop off my arm and sell it to get one from VAG.

14. m4tt Forum Member

hows it goig S1mma, im new on here so hav only just seen this.

Sounds to me as though the police a prat arsing about.

15. S1MMA Forum Member

Called my solicitor for an update last week, he hasnt got back to me yet.

The case seems a bit dormant at the moment, I will be prodding my solicitor up the arse next week with a cattle prod to keep things moving. Drove past the spot where I happened yesterday, really didnt have any chance of seeing or stopping in time, if anyone drove past the junction they'd see that too.

16. cattab New Member

i had some one driverinto side of me n car was close to the line of write off (luckily spoke to ins n explained that what they'd give ould never replace the car for reliability blah blah, but got just under 2,500 for torn neck ligimants and being made a nervous driver to anyone approaching from my left coz he span me n i ended in front of traffic on national speed limit as they cam round the bend towards me.

17. S1MMA Forum Member

I called my solicitor yesterday, he said he had a load of paperwork to go through, and he'll contact me next week with an update, so I'll probably hear from him in the next 3 weeks most likely.

Hopefully get somewhere soon, I just want the case to progress now whichever way it goes.

18. Miss16v Forum Member

hey your car looks just like mine, same wheels and colour! anyway ive had 2 people claim whip lash off me, one got 6 grand the other got 5, baring in mind both these cars were shunted by me, and no damage was caused.
    how much did they milk it in the doctors.

i didnt even hit them that hard. [:x]

19. JonnyGTi Forum Member

Can't believe how long this is being dragged. Who's covered the cost of the repairs so far?

20. S1MMA Forum Member

my insurance company, I had to pay my 500 excess, and I lost 2 years no claims - so I've had to pay nearly double what I shouldve on renewal in january this year.

If I win, then I'll claim for my excess/insurance hikes in the claim, so it should end up costing me nothing except all this hassle. I recon the chance of winning is less than 50% though, cos the third party insurance seems like it wants to fight it.