A Copper Crashed Into Me!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by S1MMA, Nov 22, 2003.

1. S1MMA Forum Member

I've got news from my solicitor, he's seen the tape and he said it doesnt show the accident. He said the camera moves around a lot and shows the scene before the accident, and then moves, then shows the scene after the accident all in real time.

So, the police told me that it shows everything clearly including the incident, and now its been seen it doesnt show d1ck apparantly. Surprise surprise there then, that the police tried to fob the incident off saying the tape showed everything clearly and they werent in the wrong, when it doesnt.

I'm really not expecting anything to come from this now, I recon it will be hard to go to court most likely, and my insurers/solicitors may turn around and say its not worth it to take the risk of high court costs etc.... Thats what I'm expecting anyways. We'll see....

2. Toffs Forum Member

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Could they have fobbed you off with the wrong tape though?

4. G40jos Forum Member

Makes me want to cry reading stuff like this, what a complete w**ker. You can never win with the police they just love bending the rules. Even if he was p***** he would of got away with it.

"It was a training exercise"

5. greenboy Forum Member

Lad I know was hit by a copper pulling out a junction without looking and he got done for dangerous driving even though it was the coppers fault!! [:x]
    You could always join the masons? There all in it! But not my sort of thing, something about goats :lol:

6. markmk3 Forum Member

Unless the tape has been analysed cell by cell it is easy in real time to set up an apparent scene... before, scan round miss the accident, scan back to show the after effects... only take a few hours on an editing suite and suitable computer software. [have a friend who works for TV production companies] to the untrained eye it looks real and only when viewed cell by cell is it obvious, misalignment of basic background hedge/fence/bush that has moved due to the wind or anything else. The human eye does not see this due to 50hz rate of the screen / monitor and tape. Also watching a decent amount of the pre accident and post accident tape could reveal where any possible 'patches' have been merged from. I bet the solicitor only saw 1min of prior accident tape (probably whilst being fast forwarded) then a few minutes of post accident left on. Else the coppers have cut and copped the 'evidence' on to a new tape... harder to detect merging due to re-writing blurring.

ITS ALL A FIX... if you had the evidence tape, you would have been served with a search warrent and court order to surrender it within a day or two of the accident...

I hope you have the chance to pursue it... did the traffic car have a data log recorder on board, should record, speed-duration-distance and use of neccessary equipment... used often enough in defence when they are innocent, never when they are guilty

Good luck

7. Shedjockey New Member

S1MMA

Absolutely gutting to hear all this. You absolutely must write to the Police Complaints Commission as they really go after this stuff with a vengenance.

Do it yourself - don't leave it to your brief as they take weeks just to answer the phone! Good Luck and don't give up on it.

8. Jamesvw New Member

What was the out come, guess they didnt charge their driver for dangerous driving

9. Phil. Forum Junkie

AMAZING!! I have spent the last 2 hours (due to poo net connection at work and customers Grrr) reading this. Thick as thieves they are, bloody coppers!

Interesting post above about the data recorder, I hadn't thought of that all through reading of the topic.

S1MMA> Update update update!

What stage is everything at now?

Phil.

10. hardcore_ally Forum Member

really hope that u get the outcome u deserv, fingers and toes crossed for you!

11. S1MMA Forum Member

Cheers for the posts above all, right now its all been laying very low - havent heard much from anyone recently about the case so I dont know whats been happening.

I'm going to leave it a while longer, then get on to the law firm dealing with my case to see if they've just let it gather dust or not.

No end to all this yet!

12. Skooch-Dubz

Skooch-Dubz Forum Member

t**sers, 2 years later and their still messin you about, we should all turn up at the station involved and demand justice, how would they cope with a few hundred people on their doorstep waving banners etc, get national papers involved, lots of coverage, gits[:x][:x]<!--
    var SymRealOnLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

SymOnLoad()
    {
    if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
    SymRealOnLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
    window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

13. kumbo New Member

updates?

14. Simon Forum Member

sorry to hear about the crash.
    Have you had a result from this yet or you still being messed about by them t#*ts!
    And well done for keeping your cool when you spoke to them, I dont think I could have done that! [:x]

15. 8vGtiMk2

8vGtiMk2 Forum Member

I am new to the forum and have just read all 6 pages. I think we all want justice on this one. All I can say is GOOD LUCK and hope you fight all the way!

16. Phil. Forum Junkie

Any joy yet S1MMA? I've just started the lenghty process of claiming for accident that wasn't my fault.

17. S1MMA Forum Member

update: got a letter (quite random actually) from my solicitor last month asking if I give my permission to take the matter to court. He said the CCTV was inconclusive and it would have to be put in front of a judge or what have you.

So we may be going to court, in.................... probably another couple of years eh!!!

Will update when I get more info, will this thread ever end!?!?!!??! (nearly 3 years ago now!!!! lol!!!)

18. Claypole Forum Junkie

British Justice. :clap: [:s]

19. Antichav Forum Member

Never has a forum post wound me up so much.

Do it, give them something to sweat over.. at least put them through as much grief as you've gone through.

Im from Oxford, where a copper ran over a girl on his way to a call out, killed her stone dead and as far as I know is still on the force with no charges, just an 'internal investigation' a law unto themselves..

20. matt_s Forum Member

good luck S1MMA :thumbup: .... take the barstewards for as much as possible ;)