A Copper Crashed Into Me!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by S1MMA, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Dubplate Forum Member

are man the old bill are still disputing it......when they stick the uniform on they become f*cking c*nts the lot of em [:x]

2. gti mad New Member

Hi guys, Sorry to here what has happened to simma.
    All I say is kick there arse all over the place, name and shame them thats what I say. They think the big and hard when they in there ''PANDA CARS''.
    Know the sticks in someone elses hands and they shall be caned.They pulled me over once my number plate bulbs just went on my golf mk3 so they followed me and it was a women...silly cow gave me a producer,and breathelised me too. I was well p***** off.

3. Nordoff Forum Junkie

It's quite simple really.
    If they didn't have any reason to be worried they wouldn't hold back from a courtcase.
    Complain to the Independant police complaints commission [sp?] about them withholding evidence.
    They're worried and just trying to protect their own.
    Forking Pigs.

4. S1MMA Forum Member

I've had a look on the police complaints site, and I have a good idea what to do if it doesnt go my way.

Had a letter from my solicitor last week saying he's written to the police insurer asking for the CCTV tape, interesting to see if we can get hold of that badboy. It's the central piece of evidence for the case as it shows what actually happened.

It's taking f**kin ages though! Nearly a year since the accident now, who knows when it may go to court!

5. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

bad luck dude.. hope you get it sorted out soon(ish)

6. S1MMA Forum Member

my solicitor is hassling the coppers insurer for a copy of the tape. love how quickly this is going.

I should have had 3 years NCB in january this year (if it wasnt for that dosy copper). Now I have 1 year, and I have to insure my new Fiat Coupe 20VT - thats going to be easy eh!!!!

(well, it isnt too bad actually, bout 800, must be getting old [:$], could have been around 600 though with 3 years NCB [:x] ).
    Edited by: S1MMA

7. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Keep at it mate don't let the b@stards wear you down!

8. Homer-Simpson Forum Member

Any more news on this??

Come on S1mma its an interesting read [:D]

9. S1MMA Forum Member

Nope, my solicitor wrote to me saying they're still trying to get the CCTV off the coppers insurer.

I was thinking about this all week funny enough, its taking too long and I may well write to my solicitor asking what my rights are if they dont give me the CCTV tape.

Just got to keep slogging on with it!

10. Steve B Forum Junkie

good luck with it mate i hope you get fully compensated

11. mincecfc2 Forum Member

Epic struggle mate. Keep going, don't lose faith. You know you are right, and so do they. I'd also be asking my brief if it was possible to sue them for the stress and anguish that this has caused you.

Get intae them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Raucous Forum Member

Any more news Simma? I've just read all five pages.. damn [:@)]s! [:x] Makes my blood boil when stuf like this gets drawn out over a year. You keep at it.. don't let them get you down! You should claim for stress and mental anguish too! Good luck mate.. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread ;)

13. Toffs Forum Member

S1MMA !!!Man Alive - I've just been reading from start till now.

It's such an amazing read!!! Please don't stop, we are with you all the way ;)

Seriously though, I've got a cousin who's rather high-up in the police - and used to be a traffic cop a long time back. If there's any way that me askin him a few questions wud help then don't hesitate ! Like maybe giving some advice on getting the tape back quicker ;)

Toffs^

14. Wolvotim New Member

Just reading you thread mate, feel gutted for you. A guy at work is having a similar problem to you, he was hit by a cop car going the wrong way round an island which was also caught on CCTV. As a result he missed two months of work with a broken foot (not good when your work is driving). He was warned by his solicitor about the tactics of the police insurers, apparently they try to drag the case out long enough to justify the CCTV footage going missing, which they have done. His insurance company and solicitors are still perusing the case from wait for it 1999 lol. He was even advised by his own solicitor two years back (off the record naturally) to drop the case as its going no ware. He eventually went to the police complaints authority early last year when the police clamed the case had revealed improper use of vehicle lighting and had CCTV to prove it (yes you guessed it the very CCTV that had gone missing). Anyway now nearly 6 years later the case is STILL ongoing, the solicitors bills must be astronomical. He now is thinking about going to the national press with the case as it would be a very juicy story for them.
    Edited by: Wolvotim

15. S1MMA Forum Member

thx for all the above support, I will be getting on to my solicitor about this tape again, cheers for all the comments guys, all good info to take on board.

Toffs, if I think of anything to ask I'll let you know mate.

16. hellbilly New Member

New here so only just read this;

You have my sympathies and full support...

I'm still in a legal battle with a major bank from last year when two baliffs turned up on my door step saying I owed them 10k. Got solicitors involved and action was stopped. Turned out to be case of mistaken identity. The solicitor acting on behalf of the bank (and hired the baliffs) has said in the most recent letter that it is 'unfortunate' that I share the same name as the person they were really after. They haven't agreed to pick up the bill yet, though!

These things take loads of time, and yes, it's so you give up and they get away with it...

Keep strong and don't let them beat you mate.

17. DODGER Forum Member

What a bunch of ba***sds. Any more news?

18. vw_stu Forum Member

Hi, i`m a fairly recent member who's just spent a while reading this thread. DAMN!!! is all i can say! Although it;s got to be fairly typical of any police force in this country to try to p[in the blame on joe public.[:x]

Have you managed to get the footage yet? Or even a court date?!

Wish you the best of luck in your fight mate. Hope you screw the bar steward responsible:).

Must admit, personally i reckon you should go to the local press and make a point of the witholding of the tape, breach of your rights, etc.

Good luck

19. kumbo New Member

any updates for a fellow canadian????:)

20. mk3 yeti New Member

Hi i've just read the whole thing. Bloody hell, the police really do think they can get away with anything - they dont even bother putting their pretty blue lights on any more to stop me on a saturday night!

Hope you taker them to the cleaners, unfortunately when theres an accident involving a copper evidence always seems to disapear - it did when a copper overtook my mum as she was making an indicated right turn into the drive and ended up carrying the lil' micra 50 ft down the road, yet no tests were made on the police driver and it couldn't be pursued due to lack of evidence, funny that.

Sounds like your onto a good one when you get hold of the tape. At least it exists - they will have to give it to you eventually.

Keep slogging dude you get them in the end!