Any interest in a lightweight 8x15" wheel?

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by 16valver, Feb 15, 2010.

1. 16valver Forum Member

Cycling round on a BMX - :lol:

Yeah, it has been ongoing for quite a while!

I hear only one of the focus's are going to be out this year but I guess if the other one does not sell, we could see both apearing at a few events.

The 4wd's are not in my class anyway so I dont have to worry about the Evo's & Focus's, I just need to concentrate on the Caterham CSR's, R500's and Seat Supercopas that are in the 2wd class! Easy :lol:

The historic's would be the easy option but I like a challenge :thumbup:

The 8's are not for handling, just for traction.

That would be much appreciated if you could have an ask around for the team dynamics wheels.

2. 16valver Forum Member

Yes, it would have been quicker than an ST but its not really an ST though - so pretty much irrelevant Danny :lol:

Dont suppose you know of any XR2's that may be available to rent out this year?

I think I may be back tonight so will try and pop down to yours to collect the brake bits at the wkend.

3. danster Forum Addict

The STs run standard engines with an air filter and exhaust (they keep the cat). They make about 150 - 155bhp. Standard gearbox too.
    Suspension, slicks or wets and a decent set of pads is about it.

You do not want to hire one as if you have an incident the cost is mega to repair them (STs). You can no longer get the shells from ford too.
    Will chat at weekend if interested in hiring though as have a couple of contacts.
    Better getting your own ready for a run.:thumbup:

Seems Team Dynamics only make a 7 x 15[:^(]. May be a reason for this in that tyres have come on leaps an bounds from the old days so no need to get to wide. A bit of driver finesse should see you right. I have a Kazz diff in mine too but alot less power than you are going to have. You will just need to get it out and running then see where things can be improved upon.

4. danster Forum Addict

This is why you do not need 8" rims!:lol:

[YOUTUBE]nqqZ28m8uCo[/YOUTUBE]

5. 16valver Forum Member

What a weird advert!!!

Danny - get over it - the 8's are going on!

You can be the first to say, 'I told you so' - Happy? :lol:

6. mk1_andy New Member

7. golf_nuts Forum Member

Just to let you guys know, i'm selling a set of 8x15" et20 ATS DTC's at the moment, so if anyone's interested then drop me a pm.:)

8. mk1g60turbo Forum Member

Ali did you ever sort out a set of ATS DTC's in the end?

I have contact Martin guy who details i gave you and he is going to look into prices for me, he had said

"I will ask germany in the morning but these are all made to order now so costs have spiralled since ATS sold out to Rial wheels, give me 48hrs as there a bit slow to respond"

Anyone intersted in a possble group buy to try bring costs down?

9. 16valver Forum Member

Hey Charlie,

I have two sets due to arrive this week and got direct from ATS.

You are correct, the prices are very expensive due to being one offs now. They still have blanks and can make a few more but you are about 550-600 I think for them once you have paid shipping etc.

Due to the price, I have only gone for one set (the other set is for Dogwood) and I hope to pick up another set second hand at some stage. I also picked up a cheap set of the DTC's in 7's so will have these for wets maybe.

Just a word or warning Charlie - I have been in contact with them since the start of May and they are only just arriving now!!

10. prof Forum Addict

Danster, man you must be older than me

11. mk1g60turbo Forum Member

Hey Ali

I tried to contact ATS direct through their site with no joy what so ever!

I'll see what prices i get back, what sizes did you go for in the end?

Not jus the price thats putting me off now, the sheer wait it you smack a wheel and having to get a replacement is now a issue then!

Cheers

Charlie

12. 16valver Forum Member

Anyone still interested in the ATS DTC wheel?

I may be able to supply these, but only for this batch. I have had quite a few pm's over these and as a mate is after a set and I may take another set, thought I may as well see if anyone else is still after some.

8x15 in 4x100 ET 20 - In stock

8x15 in 4x100, ET 25 - 10-12 weeks lead time

8x15 in 5x100, ET 25 - 10-12 weeks lead time

8x15 in 5x100, ET 20 - 10-12 weeks lead time

149 Euro per wheel + delivery (cost price).

Other offsets may be available as these will be machined from blanks.

A very lightweight wheel with good clearance for brakes and they will paint in any colour of your choice as long as it is black, anthracite or silver.

These are direct from the factory and there are no dealers who have these (in UK or europe AFAIK).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  13. mk1g60turbo Forum Member

Do you have a price with out the VAT as being based in Jersey Vat does not apply.

Cheers

Charlie