audi s4. had one?

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Matt82, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

how is that even possible? last time i looked as s2000s they were 8-9k at a minimum.

wonder how much a 350z is now haha

2. Admin Guest

Wow. Nice price on that S2000.

Makes the S4 look like the cack it is for similar money.

3. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

i have been closely watching S2000 prices and I looked into getting one this time last year - anything with under 60k miles was 8500 plus as you say but they can now be had around the 6k mark quite often.

Spent too long on S2K forum though and there are so many horror stories it put me right off. I do high mileage and need something that doesnt have carbon internals!!!! lovely cars though, test drove one and it was mega.

If I do go two seater as apposed to big saloon I will be getting one of these which have also been dropping quite nicely and the performance is just crazy after a re-map

i know its a vauxhall

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  4. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

guy i knows s2000 just went bang, hes not handy with spanners so he had a 4grand bill to put it right!

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

yeah the whole v-tec never blown up is horsh ****, there was almost an engine failure a week on the S2K forum, and most that did track days were buying up any engine's that were on ebay in preperation for the day it went.

6. prof Forum Addict

trouble is the cars are probably pretty reliable, it's the fool owners who don't understand how to look after it.

Fiat coupes are about the least reliable things you could possibly own-allegedly, yet mine's done 128k and is still in fine fettle. check/change the oil lots, and don't thrash it from cold. I'd be just as interested in who's owned/serviced the car, as the car itself

7. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

^^ same with anything you buy, total lottery. I dont for one minute think that a main dealer service history means anything, we all know what they can be like (as con man like as the next garage) but it does signify if nothing else that the owner didnt just choose the cheapest option which has to be a good thing.

The VX220 has elise handling, a robust GM engine, cheap to run/service and there were only about 1000 sold so residuals actually do pretty well too. Im very tempted

8. Admin Guest

I did an Andy Walsh car handling day with a VX220 and the guy let me drive it on the 'handling circuit'.

It was OK but not great.

I had more 'fun' in my car but the VX220 was so stable that it let him change gear mid corner without any issues.

9. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

was it standard? They are apparantly set up perfectly for road use, and are too soft/understeary when used on track out the box.

A simple remap and you get a 0-6 of about 4.5 seconds, change the front wheels so you have staggered sizes (like the elise) with some gaz coilovers and you have a serious weapon.

10. Admin Guest

Dunno, it was a turbo.

Gaz coilovers are fit only for the bin. I've seen some adjustable top mounts Gaz made for a mate. I could do better with some frozen turd and a lolly stick.

11. Admin Guest

possibly due a service and things need replacing? or fed up of visiting shell every other day for fuel:lol:

mate looked after his brothers S2000, that wasn't a cheap couple of months[xx(]

12. Admin Guest

how about this one then?

Pulsar

13. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

^^ tis the same link??

14. Dicky Retardo Forum Member

e36 m3, easy for that money....!:thumbup:

(Pre-vanos obviously)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  15. Admin Guest

yeah i know but i was highlighting the pulsar rather than the S2000[:$]

16. mark25 Forum Junkie

The pre s2000 VTEC is the most reliable engine.

17. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

im sure they all are, incredible engines. But the S2000 was a special one off engine, basically honda engineers let loose to make what they wanted. It was never supposed to be sold in the volumes it was either. 240bhp from a NA 2.0 is pretty special