Big Fast Cars

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Spawn_of_Satan_666, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Jonny777 Forum Member

I dunno, in fairness, my mates Saxo VTR is as fast as my Mk2 8v.

Punto however doesnt even come close, it was a 55bhp one. Even the sporting has a rubbish engine, only one that could really keep up was the Turbo really.

2. inoakgreen Forum Member

i know everyones entitled to their opinions so heres mine - the post is getting daft and it went that way starting, imo with post 10!!

to me thats a pop at what i drive (which i spend enough time defending against people driving normal cars, let alone on a gti forum, but apologies if i'm mistaken or taken it the wrong way). everyones got their own hobbies/interests (fishing, golfing etc), mine is this thats why i believe i'm on the right forum for it!! i have knocked other cars on here (ie basic french motors), but if they looking for approval, aint there no french car forums (which not slate gtis)??

also seems to have started the personal ****ging off that is now on going (again, imo)!! so you cant blame others for fighting their corner!! i'm similarly a newbie with less than 15k posts - but i'd like to think my views still count for something - not be swept aside due to me not been here that long!!! and if i've read this wrong, my apologies for this!!!

3. perryqhill Forum Member

Indeed, but he was just generalising and not being specific, probably for effect.

4. squibby Forum Member

you have 361 posts per day? thats one post every four minutes. thats a bit strange.[:s] makes seraphs 15000 look a bit crap. By his reasoning you could end this debate with a single word....

5. Aphex Forum Junkie

TSC is a bit special though.

6. squibby Forum Member

I drive a modern car now, but I am still envious of yours. And ignore anyone who says a VTR is as fast as an 8v mk2. Wrong.

7. inoakgreen Forum Member

again, please refer to post 52 of this thread seraph, which would probably explain how the post counting kicked off!!!

and the references like
    is exactly my point!! because you been on here few yrs, you give off the impression that you know it all!! not good!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  8. Jonny777 Forum Member

I do believe i said, that my friends is as fast as mine. His has done about 30k miles. Mine has done 120k. Mines been on the RR at 106bhp.

Stats say that a VTR 0-60 is 9.5 and a Mk2 8v is around 8.5. (When new)

I can see bugger all in that. In the real world, the difference is negligable.

All i know is me and my mate had a little bit of a Touge i couldnt lose him, and vice versa.

Doesnt sound wrong to me.

9. squibby Forum Member

Really? I always found my friends VTR to be so easy. 8v K-jet used to leave it behind from about 30mph onwards like there was no tomorrow. The rule I go with is that anything that can do 60 in under 9 seconds is shifting pretty well. VTR's aint in that bracket.

10. e12_mat Forum Member

Just a thought earlier it was mentioned that a 280bhp mk2 golf would get beaten by an rs4.

mk2 3dr weighs 960kg i think roughly giving it a power to weight of 0.292 bhp/kg

rs4 salon weighs 1650kg prodcues 414bhp which gives it a power to weight of 0.251bhp/kg

This doesnt of course take in to account drivetrain losses like 4wd and the traction it would give but i thought it would be reasonably close. :)

11. Seraph Banned

Oh Brilliant!
    I do love it when newbies play tag team.
    One member lays down the sword, and another, possibly as arrogant, picks up the sword.
    Perhaps they’re related, father/son?

Please explain where? I’m not offended by the TS’s post – I just don’t agree with it.

Are you as shortsighted as you are belligerent? Sorry – fore gone conclusion.
    Your pathetic attempts to pick fault in this argument are as transparent as your lack of ability to understand a basic argument.
    If I didn’t fully believe the original T/S’s premise, why would acknowledge it goes on? I wouldn’t really, thus I would say something like ‘If anyone should do this’ - where 'if' is the key word.
    How pretentious/naive am I? Obviously much less than you.

I can walk into almost any town and find 20 low mk2s on 17s – all std, and 2 with 20vts.

Yes, it is, to those in std polos, novas and puntos.

Narcissism & hypocrisy rolled in to one:clap:

Crap? You mean because you don’t agree with it.
    If you're going to conclude an argument's crap, at least have the respect to understand it first.
    And give yourself a pat on the back for unsuccessfully trying to offend me.

The mere fact the ‘mk2 hate’ is continually brought up, shows you have no clue what this thread is actually about. Perhaps instead of impersonating the TS’s knight in armour, you should consider not posting in this thread and show the thread topic the respect it deserves.

12. Seraph Banned

In post 52, the emphasis is really on 'know it all', and not newbie.

Post count is irrelevant to knowledge. What it is relevant to, is a person's standing (although join date is perhaps better). Those on here for a while are all aware of each other's characters. Resultantly, they take this into account (mostly) afaic when engaging in dialogue with them.

If you did a statistical breakdown of my posts, you'd find most of them are pure comment, opinion and bravado. However, at the same time, you must bear in mind I'm probably what most of you would call an 'earlier generation'! For the record….NO one on here knows it ALL.
    Also, as one of my allies has pointed out, I am doing what I do best (in last few posts) & what I'm often called to do - justifiably defend my position -as weary as it becomes.

Seems a matter of time before Chris culls huge sections out of this thread or closes it down..
    With some luck, the antagonisers(yes I see the irony) will let this back on topic.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  13. Jonny777 Forum Member

Hmm. My mates VTR is lowered 50mm and strut braced. Mines completely standard.

So that may be why. Mine handles a bit stiltsy! haha!

Twas on twisty roads.

But when i've been in it, it has felt quite rapid. And hes not a chav so it doesnt look *******s, in fact, hes on here, hes posted pics of it before. Hes planning on doing a BAM'd Mk1 when he has made enough money from his apprenticeship at a turbo company.

14. Spawn_of_Satan_666

Spawn_of_Satan_666 Forum Member

First of all i would like to appologise to anyone who has been reading this thread, some how its turned to crap (partly my fault).

Sereph you do have to realise that some of your comments have been rude and of an arrogant nature. Though i appologise if i have offended you in any way.

15. Spawn_of_Satan_666

And just to set the record straight, i'm a forum user now not a newbie!!

16. inoakgreen Forum Member

my apologies my misunderstanding on your character!! i'm not obviously gonna go through all your posts so will take what you say here as true!!!

i still think you cursed my golf though!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. Spawn_of_Satan_666

Hmmm interesting.

I'm not sure how much my mk2 Golf weighs, but its stripped out in the rear and the front two seats have been replaced with full race seats. Its now pushing 164bhp, quite a bit more than standard. Wonder how i would have done against the Audi, i'm sure it would beat me on top end, but acceleration would be close.

18. turbotommy Forum Member

My thoughts exactly ;) to get 280bhp would need turbo power,meaning the torque would be the same or higher than said audi.

19. Seraph Banned

Sometimes I untimely substitute directness for discretion (possibly, although rudeness/arrogance are subjective imo).

I'm not offended at all, only by others.

This thread is also a good demonstration of how things can escalate when warmongers interfere and indulge.....if left to its devices, you and I would probably have arrived at this point about 50 posts ago.

20. e12_mat Forum Member

my golfs only about 230bhp and the torque is approx 245 ftlb but a 280 bhp golf would have atleast a k04 and upwards of 300lbft. The audi only has 317lbft ;)

Its enough to make you want to buy a k04 :lol:

It would have you on the twisties though!