Big Fast Cars

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Spawn_of_Satan_666, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Spawn_of_Satan_666

Spawn_of_Satan_666 Forum Member

Could be running a cossie lump without the turbo.

2. Aphex Forum Junkie

Could well be, I put my money on a duratech on tb's though!

3. Seraph Banned

It is in the context of this RS4 mentioned.

Nope, never

Exactly, thats the point - because it's not fair, it wouldn't happen!

Thats a great trick youve got there. Taking something, twisting it, and then calling it a mistake. So in fact, youve actually highlighted nothing.
    Of course, if you could, youd have pasted in all these examples of me correcting everyone else (non technical).
    But you cant as they dont exist. Brilliant.
    Don't worry, you're much better at twisting things when you know perfectly well.

4. Seraph Banned

And finally, the icing on the cake......
    Oh really, do you think so? You sound like someone who's abit sensitive. Have you been in the outside world recently?
    And Who made you the last word in morals of this forum?

Any chance you could make it a bit more personal? - the true sign of someone who's run out of the ability to rationally debate.

Oh look - we also have ourselves a self appointed newbie psychologist and an expert on attitude. Well, you must be right, what with it being your opinion.

So you're not coming to my garage? That's odd, I don't recall working in a garage for some time. Which must mean.............oh dear...........another newbie who can't be arsed to do their research before launching into their defensive spat.

Oooh you have got it bad - what a sore looser you are.

It was almost always expected this thread would go off on a tangent (for several reasons). But it's surprising just how reluctant everyone is to put it back on track.

The only vaguely rational post here, is turbotommy’s questioning of the modded mk2 comparison. Thank god someone’s able to debate without throwing their toys out the pram.

Not that I'm surprised. Any self respecting mk2-er only needs the mere whiff of a mk2 insult before they launch themselves into a frenzied defence of all things mk2. After all, this had nothing to do with anyone except myself and the thread starter.

What is surprising, is members apparent obsession with posts counts. I know we had this a while back (don't worry newbies, it was before your time), but it's odd the way members assign some kind of status(or lack) with it.
    Answer on postcards it would seem.

For anyone else fancying a pop - do us all a favour and read this thread properly.

5. G-Man Forum Junkie

[:|] Crikey!

Back on the topic I love watching that tacky ''vroom vroom'' on tv which has the series 'small fries' Vs 'big fries'

They put the likes of Westfield, Aerial atom, radical against Porka 911 turbos, Lambos, Enzos....

Interesting to see how the lil power/weight ratio cars are good for cornering but the big cars always do better on the long straights.

6. squibby Forum Member

Guess who:

1. Talking on and on.

Also know as a blabbermouth, these people tend to monopolize the conversation. They also are usually reduced to just chattering away with nobody really listening. The key sign of this habit is someone who talks non-stop and will not let others speak.

These people also never really seem to be talking about anything of interest, just talking about themselves or boring subjects.

2. All about me.

Someone who has this habit always turns the conversation into something about them. The goal for them is to get the attention on them and allow them to speak. Some people may do this because they feel others are monopolizing the conversation or they may simply want attention.

3. Lectures.

We all know someone who is way too willing to give advice. This person always has an answer for any situation. They are most often known as a know it all. They seem to know everything on every topic. They also have a way of making their way the only way to do anything. These people may really believe they are helping, so it is sometimes hard to redirect the conversation away from their lecture.

7. Aphex Forum Junkie

8. Aphex Forum Junkie

You know what this thread needs.

[​IMG]

9. Seraph Banned

I wish it would Gman.

Sadly, you'll always have a militant sector of members who use others' thread's to push forward their own [often personal] agenda, often by nothing more cut 'n' pasting text into posts.

However, it does sound like you've actually grasped the topic [oringally] under debate.

Hold your horses Aphex, you can't say that - you might get accused of being politically incorrect!;)

10. squibby Forum Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So far I have had a couple of nasty replies today for calling someone twit, spaz and chuffer. Not exactly the harshest words I could muster up!!! And I'm the touchy one!

11. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Hey, Spawn; just take off the Gti badge and replace with one that says Driver, preferably rather tatty-looking. No-one will then give you any future provocation to 'race' them.

With mine I'm fairly sure it's fear of utter humiliation that stops 'em, what wiv my fully functioning Pierburg carb'n'all. ;)

12. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

i cant believe this ass of a thread is still on going and now we are down to name calling??
    alot of the posts seem to be a personal attack on seraph himself due to the fact that he more often than not is in the right. im not sure why some members are getting so upset and hostile towards sereph.

back to the original point, anybody who gets thrills out of racing an old mk2 in a rs6 etc is a little pathetic.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  13. Aphex Forum Junkie

Well I think it's blatantly obvious that all RS6 drivers are past Gti drivers. I mean, it's natural progression, old square box to mega powered family car. Don't know what you ladies are on about :p

14. inoakgreen Forum Member

quite possible!!!

15. perryqhill Forum Member

Pretty obvious stuff - there is no point in what these people are doing, they're just having a laugh/blast and it doesn't matter if it's easy for them or not. However you made the 'point' in which from your mind you think they wouldn't do it, as it's too easy for them - you then went onto try and justify the point you had made when it was challenged and in doing so examining why they would be doing so - there's no science to it, they just do.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Here's what you said:
    That's just rambing on your own assumptions "if anyone should do this" - h'way man have a word with yourself, how pretentious and naive are you?

I think a mk2 sitting low on big wheels is pretty obvious to almost any driver

Never said there wasn't. But the mk2 Gti however much it deserves it still has a reputation and a history - it's a scalp to some.

It could be anything though - that's the point.

16. perryqhill Forum Member

I'm not really bothered by someone slating a MK2, if people like to attract a bit of attention then it's up to them - I'm more interested in the assumption that someone in a much higher powered car wouldn't like the idea of beating one, as it wouldn't put up much of a challenge.

17. perryqhill Forum Member

I love a bit of messageboard arrogance :lol:

Trouble is some 'newbies' are time served elsewhere - the only difference is you may have built up some respect on here and you will get the easily led following you and agreeing.

It doesn't stop your original argument being a crap one.

18. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Daft, innit.[:$] :lol:

19. Jonny777 Forum Member

Aphex makes a good point.
    An RS6/RS4 is supposed to be a family car as well.

So really, its only the power that stands them out as much different.

And G-Man, i watch that quite often. Tis actually quite amusing. Watching summat from a shed in Norfolk p*ss all over a BMW M5 is good to watch [:D]
    Also the Vroom Vroom tests. Makeup test, Table cloth test etc are quite funny to! :lol:
    Oh, and the bird in the makeup test is good eye candy! [:D] :lol:

20. perryqhill Forum Member

That's a lot of mk2 hate for one post there :lol: