budget throttle bodies management

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by mk1., Nov 29, 2004.

1. mk1. Forum Junkie

your car already has the crank trigger wheel & sensor,also runs mag/marreli ign system,dont know if it will run the t/b`s though ask wayne,Dogwood runs a mk3 polo with a modded polo 16v on t/b`s :p but I think he`s useing dta management?

2. LupoSport New Member

Mk1 what Tb's have you used?

3. edc1 Forum Member

Be careful about the size of the bodies on the 1.4 Most of the info I've read is on a 2L ish capacity engine

4. LupoSport New Member

I was thinking 40-42mm bodies?

5. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

no more than 40mm bodies on a 1.4 motor IMHO..

6. Dogwood Forum Member

Yup, 40mm bodies are spot on.

7. Golden Forum Junkie

I'd say you want more like 32/34mm TB's, now if only you knew someone who had some.........

[​IMG]

8. LupoSport New Member

9. edc1 Forum Member

If you're using bike bodies then the GSXR600 and similar are much cheaper than 750/1000. You could probably get them for 50 or less if you're lucky.

10. Golden Forum Junkie

PM dude or we'll get arse raped by the mods...........

11. mk1. Forum Junkie

jenvey,dcoe type

12. LupoSport New Member

Cheers for the info guys

13. altern8 Forum Junkie

is there anyone else who can chip the pug ecu the reason i ask is wayne is up north and im down south [:$]

14. altern8 Forum Junkie

15. mk1. Forum Junkie

you would have to ring around,he does get about a bit so might be worth asking if he his down your way :)

16. Ryan_Pestell Forum Member

sorry to drag this old thread up but i found it extreamly interesting, im currently putting ITB:s on my ABF, and was going to run it on webber management from a Ford cosworth, as thats my background as these can run NA applications also, but this might make life easier for me as the ford stuff can only run a 4 point trigger crank wheel, where as this setup i could retain the orginal ABF 60-2 flywheel sensor?

is this all up and running now, any input would be great from mk1 or wayne, really really want to crack on with this, will make a nice new engine harness as thats what i do for a living so it will look rather factory i hope.

thanks

ryan

17. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

I have succesfully managed to run my 9a on itb-s and pug/citroen ecu, mapped by wayne

Was a really good drive

There are threads here that will guide you in right direction and i also have wiring diagram with all pins used on ecu and what sensors they feed

I can copy it and send you copy unless i can get to scaner and post a copy here

18. Ryan_Pestell Forum Member

sambo that would be great mate, wiring diagram would help loads as it means i wouldnt need a loom to start with to pin out and copy.

what ecu did you use, as there are loads of variants of the 8P ecu, i.e .10/.13 / .41/.82 etc etc etc, (exact model or a part number would be great) and how or if you needed to get round the immobo.

probably put it on GSXR 750's TB's with some bosch injectors, need to know if they need to be high impedance ones or normal jobbies.

19. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

I will try and get diagram scaned

As long as it is magnetti marelli 8p other numbers not iportant

As it goes for imobiliser its just pot luck, get more than one from scrapy if you can and try and get one with large rubber grommet underside, makes getting access to eprom alot easier

If you end up with one thats imobilised than wayne can take it off, he may also be able to help with loading my map on it to get you going, mind you i drove my car to him on standard map!

My ecu came from citroen xantia 2.0l 16v

I would go for gsxr 1000 bodies, i think size would work better for you

It drives high impedance injectors

I'v just utilised standard engine loom, that way i'v gained extra box with relays which controls fuel pump properly ect

Rev limit can also be set at what ever point you want and also it has tacho output

Also coil pack just plugs into existing loom and vw leads fit straight in

20. Ryan_Pestell Forum Member

which ATS, WTS and TPS do you need? ones from the citreon you took the ECU from?

if memory serves me correct, they'll probably run a universal Webber WTS, ATS and TPS

i've got an ABF lump so i can use the standard 60-2 pickup, coilpack isnt an issue i have a new zetec one, its just know what sensors