Bye bye guys...

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by voteforpedro, Aug 14, 2007.

1. I agree with jetta take it like a man, if you ignore you will get extra points minimum( trust me i know ) how many points do you have? if this is first offence than your worrying about nothing, (as long as all documents are in order than you will pick up points but not enough to clean you out, how many young drivers do you think would loose their licence every day if this was the case ( buy yourself a good snooper and drive fast where you know it will not be noticed too much. not the f**king motorway

2. TurbTech Forum Junkie

I got pulled over for doing 96 on the motorway a few years ago and i got a sp50- 3 points and 60 fine.

3. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

cough up to this one and liek the man says, invest in a good camera warning system like snooper

i'd rather give an innovative company my cash than give money to the police piggy bank

4. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

As Jetta said, be a man and own up to it, if your doing those speeds then your at risk of getting caught and you know it !

My advise is one of two things, reply and wait to see what their intentions are, fixed penelty or court, if its court get a good lawyer, it usually anything 30mph over the limit is a ban. I got caught 72 in the 30 and only got 6 points and a fine, tbh i should i have been banned and was expecting to be !

5. cocobay63 Forum Member

He's got a point but alot of them are now illegal right ?, or get yourself satnav with the Camera database, or PDA / Phone with Sat nav, good investment if you ask me,

6. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i used to love my radar detectors years ago, but now you have to worry about newer types that radar detectors wont find.

truvelo and those average speed cameras are not detected etc.

7. Antichav Forum Member

write back to them stating that your licence is currently at the DVLA being updated, and you'll send it through when you recieve it, worked for me when I had a disagreement with a gatso many years ago!

or your could just hold your hands up and be honest, I doubt it will be as bad as you think..

8. the best thing to do is....... go to a asian garage :lol: give em 50 and tell them to write a letter conferming your speedo wasnt working properly. i know few that got away with that.

9. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

got a date yet for your no insurance issue?

10. not yet bro....is there any officers in ths site????

11. cocobay63 Forum Member

yea theres a couple, lol stand up in court and take the heat bro, otherwise you could lose your license for a long time if it goes the wrong way,

12. lololol whos the officers on the site? maybe theyll be generous enough to give me few tips......
    if i lose my licence ill drive with my oversea licence, but thats only for a year doe:lol:
    NICE CAR BTW

13. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

How does that one work, I'm afraid if you are disqualified from driving on your UK licence, you are disqualified regardless wither you still have an overseas licence.

If you produce your overseas licence, you will still get checked out, this will then show you are disqualified from driving, to which could ultimately result in a prison sentence, and most certainly a longer ban. Also you won't be insured as a disqualified person cannot legally hold a certificate of insurance.

Also getting quite a good laugh at some of your get outs, where a friend of a friend, pal. etc, as done it.:lol: :lol: :lol:

14. inoakgreen Forum Member

yeah!!!! give this a try......................and BYE BYE!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

15. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

hate it when people come out with this kind of rubbish. He's been done for speeding, of course he wants to minimise the punishment. Nothing to do with not "taking it like a man" (which sounds like gay innuendo anyway), perfectly natural to want to get out of it.

16. Aphex Forum Junkie

I can see many things wrong with that post.

17. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I got an SP50 for 92mph (quite lucky on that one!), fixed penalty fine of 60 and 3 points. Didn`t affact my insurance at all so I was really only 60 out of pocket..

18. there is a way out.... for all these offences......your a officer you should help us out .... :lol:

19. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

If the correct procedures have been followed, then there is no way out. If you know of any way out please let me know.

Sorry mate, if anything procedural wise has not been carried out, then I would point that out, like I have done in the past, but if and I suspect they have done it by the book your onto plums.

Recently I've read a couple of go faster boy racer mags, where their attitude and their advice, as been laughable, regarding speeding.

Rick I'm not saying he should take it like a man, fair enough he had come on here looking for a way out, if their clearly was one, with the limited amount of information given.

As I said if you speed take the consequences, I speed like 99.99% of the general public to some degree or another, and if caught I will take the consequences. Everybody who has passed their driving licence should know the speed limits.

20. yea i agree . im not really into speeding, ;) i got pulled over in my mums car and i got a instant 6 point 200 fine, i did not pay and send the slip off for a court date, do you know how long it will take to get a court date? and what are the sanctions? my 1st ever offence ever !!!!!!!!!!!