Bye bye guys...

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by voteforpedro, Aug 14, 2007.

1. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

I take this was for no insurance. If so your looking probably anything between 6 - 9 points, and a heavier fine.

It can take well over a year to get to court.

2. so what i cant drive for a year? till i go court??????? there all these people who drive with no tax m.o.t and insurance but they get 500 fine and things like that... are the urban myths?????????

3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

eh? thought you said you drove home tonight and nearly spun it in the rain lol

4. im still driving.....untill the court .....i got insu on mine... not sure if its valid still lol

5. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Know someone who drove without licence, banned all that m'larky.
    Even got to the point where there was a warrant out for him for a few months.

The fine and few hours community he got was less than insurance, tax, blah blah blah.

Don't agree with what he did but sometimes you have to wonder.

6. rickymk3 Forum Member

well iwas banned for a year, then banned for another year with an extended test on top so thats 2 years, then banned again for another year no points or extra fine, then got caught again week before my completed ban was up explained to the courts my car had been stolen and i found it and drove it back to my house which wasnt far away got stopped inbetween, doh!! courts took it hook line and stinker, no more ban few community hours to do that took me all of 3 weeks ever day 8-3 or something stupid doing **** all apart from drinking lots of tea and eating biscuits. worse thing is i have 8 points plus all the banned stuff on my license that i take in a couple of weeks.

trust me i wont be doing it again as i could have gone to jail my barister even said i would be. he nearly fell on the floor and said that had never happened before and called me a lucky *******!!!!

how much do you think the insurance is going to be on a 16v mk2 golf mmmmmmmm bank loan i think.

7. Antichav Forum Member

bet Jetta's been done for speeding ;)

8. offcourse.. they drive like ************************....

9. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

er, establishmentarianists?

10. fthaimike Forum Addict

lol that so funny lol.....NOT [8(]

11. andy198712 Forum Member

my road angel sat nav picks up avirge speed cams

12. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Nope still have a clean licence.

How have you come to the conclusion, that we drive like ************************.

How qualified on driving are you.

13. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

lol i must have missed that class of 'how to make friends and influence people' :lol:

id bet that any traffic copper caught doing something silly on the road would be ribbed at work until the end of all time about it lol id imagine the rules are almost totally rigid for them as a court etc would see them as being completely aware of whats legal and whats not.

... but then there was that case of the traffic copper testing the new vectra at ~160mph. anyone remember the final outcome? im sure his case was decided on twice for some reason

14. if you lived in london you'd how they drive. If the polic followed rules and regulations as they should brittain would be a better place. Im speaking on behalf of some....ofcourse there are officer who love there jobs and are 100000% dedicated as you might be. But some do drive really badly.

15. fthaimike Forum Addict

I got cut up by a police van this week by him drifting across lanes while going around a roundabout (following another police vehicle in no rush) i made sure i made one hell of a horn beep at him and gave him the "what the fck look & gesture to make sure he knew what he did.

16. MR.jetta now can you see were im coming from???you say there more qualified and so on but in fact most drive like animals.

17. fthaimike Forum Addict

I just think the guy was more interested in the other police vehicle he was following & it wasn't a pursuit vehicle, just a small local plod van.

Haven't really come across any driving like animals? what i was trying to put across is that some drive just like any other idiot driver on the road.

18. Antichav Forum Member

it's funny how topics drift from one to another isn't it!

19. Aphex Forum Junkie

These topics sure do drift.

Everyone has lapses in their driving though. You also have to remember they may have been on the road for a long time and may be nearing the end of their shift.

I've seen instances of bad driving from the police and the attitudey response you can sometimes get from them. But it's no more than what you get from a normal road user!

20. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

not being funny mate, but when i went out for a drive with you, your driving scared the sh** out of me with your random roundabout usage, you werent even driving quickly.

kettle and black springs to mind!

i imagine everyone thinks theyre the perfect driver

in all honesty, i dont think ive seen many coppers doing random things on the road