C0D 5

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Wez, Oct 1, 2008.

1. WillG

WillG Forum Member

blatent hacks are when they can see everyone on the map through anything - walls, buildings, anything. as soon as someone goes around a corner their aim moves straight towards them - even if the person is behind and more than likely shoots automatically too.

they're mostly easy to spot, watch for people tracking others through things when they are out of sound range, usually looking at corners as soon as someone comes around, they do it subconsciously.

but still I can't believe the invincibility hack - hp and damage is delt with on the server not the client pc/console so I don't understand it [:x]

-used to be an admin on a first person shooter server [:$]

2. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

mmm, never come across anything like that, I don't think!

most the time I come top or top 3, so if others are cheating, they're not doing a very good job! :lol:

the only time i've thought something was suspicous is when people know where you are when they couldn't possibly know, and killcam doesn't show anything out of the ordinary so just put it down to them being good, but like i said, no ones ever run off into the lead against me, never seen anyone with 0 deaths.

when i look at the leaderboards I have wondered how there's some people with 150+ kill streaks when i've never seen anyone get more than 60 kills in a game before [:s]

3. WEZ

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Those are the ones that really p*ss me off...[:x]

I`ll be sat in a corner somewhere out of the way (usually while I light a fag or change settings or something) and someone will walk up and kill me.

There is absolutely no way they could have know I was there, and when you see it from Killcam, they walk from quite a distance away and make a bee-line for where I am, turn the corner and shoot...[><]

Unreal, that they can get away with it. I know if you get caught running hacks on Xbox Live, your account is cancelled and you can`t get another one from the same IP.

That video is pretty freaky. That must be someone on the `inside`, surely...

5. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Erm, guys. I think you'll find that, rather than using hacks, they're simply using the radar... :lol:

6. WEZ

not when you have a silenced weapon and there's been no enemy UAV for the past couple of minutes ;)

7. StuMc

Exactly, if I`ve hid myself away whilst doing something else, I won`t be firing at all, so ain`t showing on no radar...;) :lol:

8. b'locks Forum Addict

i agree with Trev, i think you lot are just sh** and underestimate the significance of the radar in this game. also if you're using a digital surround system then it helps a lot in knowing where people are hiding... you only have to move the stick a little bit to make a sound with your feet and bang, i'm tracking you down. also have you considered that maybe you were being watched as you went into your hiding place?

i've never EVER come across anything suspicious playing cod4 online (ps3) and am nearly always in the top 3 on the scoreboard.

9. WEZ

watch the link I posted B'locks, and youtube it, hacks happen on PS3 - simple as

and no, i've never been **** tbh :)

10. b'locks Forum Addict

:lol:

i've never come across any hacking which i find odd tbh

tbh you've got to be some kind of loser to use a hack in a game like this, i mean what exactly is the point? where's the challenge? [:[]

11. StuMc

I had another suspicious character yesterday...

Racking up kills like nobody`s business. Three airstrikes and helicopters within the first couple of minutes.

I`m sorry, but nobody is that good, so decided to flush him out;

You know on the `Strike` map, where you start if you are playing as Opfor?

There`s a wrecked car up against the wall. On the other side of that wall is a tiny dead-end alley.

I went to the end of the alley and laid down, and didn`t move for about three minutes (save for the odd tiny look up/down to stop it from kicking).

Eventually he came from the courtyard where the statue is and shot me through the wall.

You could see from Killcam, that he ran along, paused, looked at the wall, aimed around a bit (as if lining it up as a head shot) then shot through it...

You can`t tell me that`s not suspicious! There was a few people complaining at the end, and he swiftly left the lobby.

I agree though. What possible pleasure can these people get from cheating?

12. WEZ

you are just unlucky Stu, i've never had anything that obvious (that i know of)

13. StuMc

That was more obvious since I set him up for it.

During normal play, it might just seem like he was a really good player, but something about getting nearly 30 kills in less than two minutes made me smell a rat....

14. Joe16v Forum Member

I was thinking the same. Unless he has the UAV jammer.

I played COD 5 Beta last night. 7 kill spree gets you a dog. Maps seem pretty good too, a lot more cover, places to go, should be fun.

15. Vdubbster Forum Member

yeh now everyone can get the beta on market place (360) obviously

What setup tho?

No M16

16. StuMc

Played the Beta version on a mates 360 the other day...

Looks awesome and plays really well too.

Dogs being released is hardcore. You can hear them coming, but you don`t know where from and end up looking all around, spotting one, shooting it, then getting your neck bitten out from behind by another one...

Good selection of weapons too.

Roll on the 14th...[8D]

17. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Is it out on the PS3 at the same time?

18. StuMc

It bloody better be...:o :lol:

19. b'locks Forum Addict

course it is

all these games and so little time :(

20. WEZ

IGN has some videos up of the multiplayer beta - looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good i'm practically wetting myself! :lol:

seems to run very fast, much faster than MW..........