C0D 5

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Wez, Oct 1, 2008.

1. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Are we all getting this then yes? Ive a couple of HMV vouchers a few years old i need to use that i was saving for GT5 (or 6?)[:^(]

2. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

If I ever try to hide anywhere - and I mean anywhere, no matter where it is - I always totally expect someone to nip around the corner and shoot at me eventually. Because at some point you're going to show up on the radar. If a person is skilled enough at the game, then they probably know the favourite hiding places quite well, and if they see where you are on the radar and know the map well enough, then it's quite possible that they're going to be able to get at you through the wall. If he was aiming around carefully then maybe he was trying to get the dot on his radar bang on north.

Or am I missing a point entirely here? Is there any reason why you should not have appeared on anyone's radar? I don't want to sound like I'm doubting what you're saying and I might have a different opinion if I saw what you saw myself.

3. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Yeah, Trev, you`ve missed the point slightly...

Of course it`s possible that someone could be really adept at reading the radar map with precision, but his kill count within the first couple of minutes, was way too high for even the best players.

I was hiding to specifically flush this guy out as a cheat.

I never fired my weapon, so wouldn`t have shown on his radar.

Where I was hiding, is somewhere I`ve never seen anyone before, so it was unlikely to have been a speculative shot into a common hiding spot.

Once we got back to the lobby, there were a number of people complaining that he had been shooting them through obstacles a little too often for skill/luck...

4. Trev16v

Unless you have the UAV Jammer perk, then yes you would have showed up on his radar at some point (i.e. once he has earned the UAV by getting three kills in a row), even if you don't fire your weapon.

5. StuMc

As I understand it you only show up when you fire your weapon...

Hence the `Tip of the day` box showing;

`Using silenced weapons means you don`t show as a red dot when you fire`.

And this was on Team Deathmatch, so the radar is active all the time anyway.

6. Trev16v

That's right - the silencer prevents you from showing up on the radar when you fire your gun.

But even if you're not firing, you'll still show up on their radar for the thirty seconds or so whenever the enemy gets the UAV online. Unless, that is, you have the UAV jammer perk.

In Team Deathmatch, Free for All, etc. the radar is always showing up the opponents who are firing (except for the ones with silencer perk). However, when anyone on your side of the team gets three kills in a row and earns the UAV, you all get the enhanced radar for about thirty seconds or so whereby you can see everyone, whether they're firing or not (except for the ones with the UAV jammer perk).

So to be completely and utterly undetectable at all times, you need to have both the silencer and UAV Jammer. The silencer to keep you invisible when you're firing the gun (at the expense of slightly cripped firing range, I believe) and the UAV Jammer to stop you appearing on the radar when they have UAV online.

The guy who got you was just skilled.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  7. StuMc

Makes more sense now, but I`ll maintain, that no-one is skilled enough to get 30+kills, 3 airstrikes and helicopters, within the first two minutes. No-one...

He ended up with well over 100 kills by the end. Never seen that before, and I`ve been playing a while. 11 `days` to be precise...

8. Trev16v

Probably some six year old kid who has had a PS controller constantly attached to his body ever since birth... the way some of the kids play is unbelievable.

I don't dispute that cheating can and does happen though. Once we all got into a little group with this lad (who sounded about six years old!) and went into a private game and he showed us all these glitches he could do. In one map he was able to walk in thin air high above all of the buildings. I could see how to to it, but no way in buggery could I actually get the movements right to do it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  9. AMY

Amy Forum Member

Oh no, another shooting game Levi will be addicted to. He plays COD4 every night from getting in from school till he goes to bed!

Mart got a 40" Samsung full hd for the PS3 [:-B]

10. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

Stu!! you've been playing that long and didn't realise what "uav online" means? you bloody muppet!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I don't doubt the guy was cheating, but i've managed 20 kills in the first 2 minutes before on several occassions, usually on vacant or pipeline, domination matches especially, so it can be done, but 100+ kills total is something else!

what's his user id so I can own him?! :lol:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  11. AMY

Amy Forum Member

DarksideLevi

He's a kid remember .... he may beat you [:p]

12. WEZ

weird!!

looks like levi has been browsing this forum, just switched backed to my main sign in name "pixelate" and had a few friend requests - one was darksidelevi from 24th of october, that's freaky

and he won't beat me ;) [:D]

been struggling with my new tag - "clownspank", like I say, just switched back to pixelate, first game in - 40 kills and top by a country mile, my theory has gotta be right, the lower rank and hours you've been playing, the worse your character is, I AM still the daddy!! :lol: [:D][:D][:D] [:$]

13. StuMc

Shut it you!...[:x] :lol:

I just thought it was only useful on Hardcore matches, but you still got it on others regardless...[:$]

Major pwnage of some guys today. Servers were flying; full bars; 20+ kills on most matches, then it crashed. Twice...[8(]

14. WEZ

20 kills bah! see the post above!

just had a lovely game with clan ALFA, they thought they were the ****, but theres no prizes for guessing who came top of our team! ;)

they left straight after congratulating me :lol:

Amy, just missed Levi, he signed off 14mins before i came on..........

15. superden Forum Addict

Just been playing the demo/mp beta of CoD WaW online, not bad at all.

16. WEZ

17. mat-mk3

Games get released here on Fridays unless you pre-order it but i dont think you would get it this early[:s]

18. WEZ

normally it would say the release date, but it shows in stock, maybe they cocked up?

i'll see in an hour if it turns up.......

19. mat-mk3

Either it came and we wont see him for a few days, Or he's been arrested for beating up the postman becuase he didnt bring it:lol:

20. damogti Forum Junkie

I have pre-ordered from play.com.... no sign of it just yet though. [:|]