Cope's GTI

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by copeidge, Jul 14, 2008.

1. nealey Forum Junkie

I found a badge in the garage last night and sanded the paint off it earlier, i didnt really like the finish with it so im trying something else with it now

2. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

ye its not all that bad just some slight flakey surface rust that comes off with a wire brush. thats why iam hammeriting as much as possible and them giving it a waxoyl me thinks.

cheers[:D]

3. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

ye i wasnt too keen so i just sprayed mine the same colour as the car, we will see how itgoes in the morning.:thumbup:

4. theboymike Forum Junkie

Looking good [8D]

Not too keen on the Gti badge or window winders though - looks like you have too much time on your hands - need to get out there and drive it! How long now?

Regarding the corrosion underneath; be careful with the hammerite; painting over seams that arn't completely dry / not completely sealed can trap water and make the problem worse.

FWIW I prefer brushing used engine oil into the seams (leeches up between the panels nicely) and using waxoyl over the top of this / on surfaces ;)

5. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

thanks! some nice tips! ye i defently have too much time on my hands, iam ment to be revising for pro.d and business but the hole golf thing has got me distracted! lol

the official date is this monday ahhhhh!!!!!!!![:D] [:D] [:D] :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

6. theboymike Forum Junkie

Bonanza - just don't crash the fooker ;) :lol:

I hear you with the distractions - hate to think how much time I've spent on my new one since I brought it home..

7. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

lol i know i can start work on it at 10am get carried away realise i havent had any breakfast, lunch, drink or a pi55:lol: ; and then wonder where the day has gone; a few hours later lol.

i just pulled my car out of the garage to get good light for the shot of the new black gti ashtray badge and then realsied my parents have gone on holiday with the camera! oopps! so no update iam affraid, i still prefer the red one but ill let you guys decide when i can get pics.

cheers

8. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

reet, insurance starts today!! woow! only probs is iam waiting for the certificate to come through the post so i can get rod tax lol!

i got an exhaust from a guy on ebay, the item didnt sell so i emailed him, he siad it was 2 months old and he wanted 15 quid including delivery! awsome!

so ive been busy fitting that, its the best 15 quid ive every spent! it now purrrrsss and has a nice raspy sounds instead of sounding like a tractor!

[​IMG]

ive also painted my rear beam after a good wire brush, unfortunatly i didnt paint it leapard print or pink! lmao.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  9. theboymike Forum Junkie

Same as that - problem is I tend to take forever to do things too [:[]

[8D]

If you've bought the insurance and are waiting for the documents you should get away with taxing it online; although you might want to ask them about the legalities of running with no tax disc until that arrives ;)

10. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

the postmans been and no certificate[:^(] [:x]
    now it the waiting game ffs!

11. theboymike Forum Junkie

You don't need the cert immediately if the insurance has already started - it'll be logged on the DVLA database. Ring the DVLA and ask if they mind you running the car taxed but with the disc not displaced while they post it to you, then tax it online.

Doubt you'd get rumbed with no disc displayed as long as you're not parking it all over the place anyway..

12. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

yep worth a shot tommorow, iam hoping it will come through tommorow so i can nip down the post office and tax it there. i emailed quinn direct asking if there was an online printable version, this was firday... and no reply! i took out the insurance for today and pretty peeved it hasnrt arrived becuase it was all paid for on tuesday last week!

anyway just hope for tommorow.

13. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

tax it online, you don't need to be displaying a tax disc. It used to be an offence - ie so even if you had tax and it wasn't showing you would be done for it.

but now they have moved over to the electronic checking system, you can have no tax disc and have no problems. I know this as i didn't have one the past six months, due to taxing it online two days before I moved out and due to stealing the landlady's stuff from the garage (she wouldn't give deposit back and had no reason!!!)

if a police officer/dval checking van/clampers etc etc see your car with no tax - they HAVE to check the database before they can do anything and it will come back as taxed :thumbup:

14. WillG

WillG Forum Member

15. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

cheers chaps! ill see what comes in the post and then ring up if nothing comes through.

16. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

ITS ON THE ROAD!!!!! woooooow!!

been driving it over a week now and its such a nice car to drive
    the torque is what really impresed me! up steap hills in 3rd or 4th
    and it just eats them! no reving the **** off it as i had to do with my mums car.
    i think my dads impressed too! we went out one day last week and there was a smart car
    right up my chuff in a 30 limit, the 30 then changed to national limit so i hoofed it! haha bye bye smart! lol

anyway, ive just got back from been up at my sis and brother in laws in sunderland, and it hasnt missed a beat! i truely love this car! i got 41.5 mpg on the way up. so while the weather was nice up there we had a photoshoot and got some rolling pics on the dual carrige ways...
    enjoy!

at their house.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MR. Cool! [8D] :lol:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is my favourite shot.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as you can see my sis is a bit snap-happy! lol.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  17. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Tut, tut...

That isn`t the correct 10-2 postion... [:v:] ;)

[​IMG]

18. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

it was! you just can see my other hand ;) :lol: haha! well ive passed now (well 7 months ago) so hey ho.. lol

19. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Good pics, car is looking great.

20. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

cheers pal!:thumbup: