Dub styling is dying a death...

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by 1990, May 10, 2004.

1. DarrenW Forum Junkie

It's only dead over here 'cos no-one has any imagination...

look in this thread for lots of originality...

2. superden Forum Addict

3. mk1vdub Forum Member

someone made a point earlier that Mk2s have been around for a very long time and that means most things have been done to them, tried and tested, and it does look good but its just not getting any origional ideas.
    I reckon people will have to start looking at different/ newer models as not everything has been done to them yet: lupos, polos, sciroccos, jettas, boras

dub styling isn't dying - its just slowed down and become a bit repetative, theres loads of youngsters who are just getting into dubs out there who I'm sure have loads of new ideas which we'll start seeing

4. Dietrich Forum Member

Hah, if the kid wanting my MK2 gets it you'll see a whole new side to VW modding I'm sure... [:s]

'Tis a shame to let it go into such hands really. makes the world go round though. :(

Tom

5. Seizure Forum Member

OK, so MkII's styling have slowed and become less innovative over here, but most people put down anything that's different. Personally I loved that cream wicker seated MkII a while ago. It was good to see something different from big bumpers, G60 arches and single headlamp grilles. I had plan the moment I saw that to build one that took that theme to the next step. It included a front bench seat and a few other water cooled influences like Old Skool chromed Beetle rims/hubcaps etc. Premier beat me to the bench seat with their rhubarb and custard thing. And the next time I saw the cream one it had said Beetle wheels. Oh well, need to act quicker.

I think retro will be round for this year at least and I for one like it. But I wouldn't build one cos of the grief you get from everyone else as they tell you they don't like it. Come on guys - Open your minds a bit. Live and let live. Otherwise the UK styling will be what we saw at Inters - unimaginative.

6. Dr Delirium Forum Member

Go on http://www.quotemehappy.com, i got a 1.8 mk2 with 3 doors quoted for 925! I`m 18 with 0 no claims and less than a years driving!

7. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

At the end of the day just do what YOU want to YOUR car. Who gives a poo what other people think? Thats what im doing. Im going retro because I like it, not becuase its in fashion or whatever.

8. Madbloke Forum Member

Some people dont like my motor but hey ---- who gives a flying f**k..... I like 17"s and i like tinted windows but in most peoples eyes that means its max powerish [:s] [:s] [:s]

Same with Rich Gits ---- Big thumbs up for something different, id like to see some other people on here have the balls to do something different and suceed :thumbup:

9. prof Forum Addict

exactly fellas, do what you like, don't follow the fashion just to fit in.

Look at Icons like Ken Dodd and Max Wall, they always did their own thing fashion wise and who ever laughed at them?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Dietrich Forum Member

Cheers - similar boat to me then. Only thing is I'm going for a GTI 8v. [:s]

EDIT: The usual: "We are sorry but we are unable to provide your quotation online."

Tom
    Edited by: Ghost