Forget your VRs,your 20 vTs etc

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by GVK, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

I wouln't have a Saxo.. not gonna kock you for having one though.

PS I am better than Michael Schumacher.. :clap: :lol:

2. S1MMA Forum Member

a 300bhp subaru would be faster than your 14.2 in the dry/wet. so it's a faster car end of story.

Definition of perfectly driven is "launched perfectly off the line with a tad of wheelspin, followed by quick seemless gearchanges at the optimum point (whatever that is)" down a 1/4 mile strip. All I was saying that if the 2 cars were perfectly driven, then the subaru would be faster. Ergo sum, the subaru is a faster car.

Thats really it. Yes you beat him in the dry, but his car is still faster. Agreed?

3. markovts New Member

LMAO faster in what respect?

listen, i can't be arsed argueing anymore, you have you're view's, i have mine :)

you think what you want, and i'll think what i want.

4. monza 16v Forum Member

Lets face it mate, overall the scooby is quicker.
    End of story... ;)

5. S1MMA Forum Member

faster in ALL RESPECTS. Thats really it.

6. Armour

Armour Forum Junkie

How about Simma you get of your high horse and quit spouting performance figures, no doubt from the EVO bible. [:v:]

Markovts has a Saxo that has beaten a Subaru on the 1/4 mile, regardless of weather or driver, that is good going! :clap:

A light supercharged car with power like that will be a good car for sprinting, I know how my car goes with less power but similar weight, and it surprises cars that on paper it shouldn't, but you would probably doubt that too [:s]

Alan

7. S1MMA Forum Member

I'm not on a high horse. I'm just saying that a car which can do a 13.3 second quarter mile (280bhp impreza, not timed by EVO, actually by Autocar) or faster (300bhp Impreza), is faster than a car which does a 14.2. It doesnt matter that he beat it with a woman driving it in the dry, the impreza is still a faster car. I gave my example of "If I beat a Ferrari F50 cos the driver stalled it" I wouldnt say my car is faster than it.

Why is that so hard to comprehend?

8. markovts New Member

thank you G40 AL.

S1MMA, what was the terminal speed of those said 13.3 1/4 mile scooby's?? if have a higher TS than those accross the finishing line, does this meann i still have a slower car even though i'm catching them???

9. markovts New Member

thank you G40 AL.

S1MMA, what was the terminal speed of those said 13.3 1/4 mile scooby's?? if i have a higher TS than those accross the finishing line, does this meann i still have a slower car even though i'm catching them???

10. markovts New Member

and also just to quote something you said in an ealier post S1MMA -

;)

11. Rahul Forum Junkie

surely there is a way of doing this.
    By taking the cars down the 1/4 mile individually, driven by the same driver.
    therefore , same driving style etc same conditions, same reaction times etc.

Surely this will give a better indication and make the test as 'fair' as possible?

12. S1MMA Forum Member

Terminal speed of the 280bhp impreza which did a 13.3 1/4 mile is 104mph. what was yours?

Look, there's no need to get all arsey about this, I'm not being rude or trying to put you down. I already said your time is very fast and very respectable for a FWD car, but all I'm saying is that a 300bhp subaru will be a bit faster. Now if you don't agree with that thats cool, no problem. I dont know why anyone is saying I'm on a high horse etc... I didnt even mention you drove a Saxo, or try and say anything nasty to you like the others did at the start of the post.

so just chill and stop being so defensive, this is discussion about cars not life/death.

ty.

13. Admin Guest

doesn't matter what your TS is at the end, if car one cross's the line before you with a quicker time-game over you have lost.

how exactly can you use your subaru comment to prove anything? it wasn't the same driver so it wasn't the same "race"

14. matt Forum Member

is this the same vts that i kept with in my diesel at 140mph on the inverness road last summer actually i wasn't driving the mrs was, f'ing nutter

15. markovts New Member

exactly, thats what i said, it WASN'T the same race!!! jesus, read my posts please!

and no it wasn't me on the inverness road......i stay nowhere near there......and it wasn't charged back then either.

S1MMA my ts (for the record) was 100.9mph.

i'll wait til i go up to crail next time and see what i can get......if i haven't sold it by then.

16. Jeff Forum Junkie

LOL at this thread!

17. markovts New Member

f**kin incredible in't it [:D] lol

18. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

is this still going on? :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

19. Admin Guest

i did,

still doesn't prove a thing.

20. markovts New Member

what the hell you talking about then......cos thats what i said all along.....it wasn't the same race, different driver, different weather........