Forza 3 - Golf GTI Championship

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by mk1 driver, Jan 3, 2010.

1. nealey Forum Junkie

what if there are to many of us to fit into one race? Do we then split it into two?

2. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

I think we will have to if that is the case. Either half the numbers in each with two people hosting, or one host with the full amount and people hopping in and out... I'm sure people may need 'pitstops' themselves.

3. F2 Stu Forum Member

ready and waiting chaps....

4. F2 Stu Forum Member

oh great wont allow me to connect to the net work, need another invite to try again

5. F2 Stu Forum Member

FFS almost ther heard you guys talking then it timed out!

6. F2 Stu Forum Member

its official i hate technology....

7. Michael Thurston Forum Member

Hmm, didn't really work for me either - some of the other cars were sort of 'glitching' and jumping all over the place which made it pretty hard to race!!
    Ahh well, guess i'll just watch top gear instead

8. Admin Guest

It was not perfect a few glitches here and there but on the whole there was some good racing and generally clean driving.

Here was one of the better races, started well Golfamily7 took a beating on the first corner and it all settled down after that. 1st Nealey and 2nd Andy 16v were in their own battle and 3rd mk1 driver and 4th Smudge had another joszle for places, final lap, secound to last corner, 2nd Andy 16v place comes on the inside of Nealey too fast, trying to take first...

[​IMG]

Andy 16v side swipes Nealey but makes the turn into first place, Nealey is unsettled on the corner and losers it hanging a 90 deg left head on into the tyre wall.

[​IMG]

As he rolls back onto the track the heated battle for 3rd place between smudge and mk1 driver are locked together as they make the turn, with no where to go its going to end in tears.

[​IMG]

Both cars go into the side of Nealey leaping in the air...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As the cars flip and fly over the track another joins them, here comes 6th hoping to make a clean turn and move up to 2nd.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2010
  9. Adam_16v Forum Member

a few of my pics [:D] Good fun, glitches caused some crazy crashes :lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There was a lot of contact :thumbup:

10. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

Nice screen grabs. :thumbup:

There was an undesirable amount of glitches in parts and people unable to join, I cannot remember it ever being that glitchy/laggy on previous attempts. We did have a go with the settings to turn details/impacts down and there might be a setting in there that might work better next time.

Feedback on any changes/improvements welcomed.

A few screenshots from me: (spot the 'caused by glitch' images.. and no it isn't the 3rd one :lol: )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. velly_16v_cab

velly_16v_cab Forum Junkie

great pics guys, it almost makes me want to buy an xbox lol

12. smp1987 Forum Member

good pics guys i think we need to all get headsets as there was only 4 of us talking a lack of communication we only had serious lag when we had simulation damage on when we put it to cosmetic it was ok still a bit laggey but forza has always laged online when you race more than 4 people hopefully we can sort it for next time

13. Adam_16v Forum Member

I agree about the headsets, I wasn't sure if I was talking to myself at times........ maybe I was :lol: Still great fun and look forward to next week.

Much better than using a variety of supercars as skill was needed to win races (or a gently nudge of others into barriers ;) )

If we get lots more players we may want to split across 2 hosts

14. smp1987 Forum Member

2 video's of me and James Doing some shake down testing in the mk2 before last nights racing

video from James bonnet view me taking the lead
    [​IMG]

video of my head cam incar view how not to take a corner
    and James showing how to overtake pushing his golf to the edge...
    [​IMG]

view pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note: uploading videos to forza.net takes a very long time so upload them in 320p not 720p

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  15. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

i missed it [8(] when's the next race?

can you set up qualifying? maybe we could qualify and then split into smaller races depending on laptimes?

16. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

Not a bad thought with how to split the numbers, I think we nearly got on to 10 people at one point, max of 8 per race.

There isn't an option for qualifying sadly but one option would be single player lappery on a selected track and it coming down to driver honesty to post up your quickest time. I did this a couple of years back with GT4 and time trials, where people would take a picture of their screen as proof and send it across to be verified and uploaded.

17. smp1987 Forum Member

you can set it up so each car waits 15 seconds to race first car goes 15sec- 2nd car 15sec 3rd

18. Admin Guest

Really enjoyed last night was good fun, things i think they may help to make it better,

* Qualifying as smp1987 has said, very good idea, 3 laps 2 fast - gives you a chance to learn the track or just remember which one it is (last night first set of bends and 3 of use where going straight on at silverstone when we should have gone right)

* Damage turned down as there where a few glitches that put people out of the race a few times.

* More laps on the races, we could have doubled the amount of laps on some of the curcuits as they were short, there just was not enough time for some of the faster drivers to gain places.

Looking forward to the next session.

PS me and my brother had headsets on, but it did not come up on the screen and we could only talk to ourselves.

19. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

yeah well done smp, credit where its due [8(] :lol:

20. Admin Guest

as in the way he has described for it to work as you cannot set up just qualifying.