Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by PhatVR6, Mar 27, 2008.

1. golf2 Forum Member

Have you actually played it? Its a lot more than a demo, its brilliant. Its easily worth the 25 i paid for it and its not exactly going to break the bank. Ive enjoyed it more than all the **** 50 full games ive bought for the PS3 so far! I thought id completed it but its unlocked a load more stuff.

2. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

You`re still not getting it! It`s just a clever marketing ploy!

Think about it; what`s stopping them releasing the full version now? Nothing! The game is obviously already fully developed, but they know the amount of demand there will be , so release a cut-down version, knowing it will be snapped up.

Come the eventual release of the full version, you`ll realise how much of a con it`s been. Will you ever play Prologue, once you have the full version? Don`t think so! Making it ultimately pointless.

They`re just cashing in on peoples` impatience, and effectively selling you about a quarter of the game twice.

3. golf2 Forum Member

Yea i do understand what your saying, i agree its a bit of a cheek what they are doing. But, what im saying is i'd rather spend 25 now and get a few months entertainment, than wait until 2009 until they release the full version.

By 2009 there's bound to be a lot more decent games out, but at the moment ive got a 400 PS3 sat on the shelf doing nothing because im bored/not interested in all the **** games out at the mo. The only games i am really interested in are racing games.

4. fthaimike Forum Addict

I agree that it's another scam by Sony, as if paying enough for the machine wasn't enough they have the cheek to do this.

Keep it locked up until it's finished or give the thing away free like some companies did with the PC games where you get the 1st few missions free.

5. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

And all I'm saying as that you are a fool for being happy to pay 20 for a demo. And what is a demo?

Its a demonstration of what the full game will be like, with massively cut down content with only a hand full of tracks but with as close a representation of the graphics and Physics models as you can get on a pre release test game. Something that I think describes Prologue very well.

Its a big demo I'll grant you, but a demo non the less that you should have got for free on a copy of PS3 Monthly or whatever its called.

Agian that is your own fault for falling for the PS3 hype and going out and getting one before realising that there were only a few games available at release, or close to completion, and even less that are actually any good.

6. fthaimike Forum Addict

Does that mean that there is tuning in the Demo.?...

7. golf2 Forum Member

Theres a quick tune option where you can adjust power output, weight, downforce, suspension settings etc before you start the race. You cant buy performance parts though.

8. golf2 Forum Member

Have any of you "fools" managed to complete all of the S Class events yet? Ive done 3 of them but struggling a bit! I want to know what car it unlocks.

9. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

1st gear
    [8(]

[​IMG]

The little one doing do-nuts on the infield!

[​IMG]

:lol:

Had to get the projector in there.

10. Hawkesybaby Forum Member

Check him out with his cinema..... lol!

Dan [:o)]

11. PeeJay Forum Junkie

I done a complete 180 on it (literally and figuratively) Once you get a bit further into the game it really comes alive. Especially once you complete the A B C sections and unlock the tuning. Was using a GTR for a bit, but not to my taste, it’s boring and had no brakes. F430 is much, much quicker for me around the twisty tracks and the Z06 is crazy fast on high-speed and Daytona.

Saving up for an F40 and the F1 Car now, might take a while 40k for a win at the very highest level, 2,000K for the F1.

12. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

the games almost sterile. no fun at all. stick to forza IMO.

13. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

haha you lot bought the prologue

14. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

2million then?... [:s] :lol:

15. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

Haven't finished off the A class yet, busy stacking up credits but what I was wondering is when can you purchase the F1 car? "cannot purchase this car yet" [:^(] :lol:

Or does completing the S class unlock it?

16. Aphex Forum Junkie

Have you played it? It's great. If I had a ps3 I'd buy it [:^(]

17. golf2 Forum Member

Yes you have to complete the S class events first which are very difficult. In the S class events , if you touch another car or wall or if you come off the track you get time penalties Also you are restricted on the amount of performance points your car can have to enter the race so sometimes you have to slightly detune the car by reducing power/downforce or adding weight.

Ive just bought the Blitz Skyline which is brilliant for drifting on professional mode with all the aids turned off! :clap:

18. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Another fool here.
    Got an insurance payout yesterday so bought the ps3 with prologue.
    However I can't update it,it keeps stopping about a third of the way through any ideas why? Is it a common problem?
    EDIT: ah, bit of googling there's a few reports the servers have too much demand for the update right now.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  19. golf2 Forum Member

Nice one its a great game and it gets better the further you get. Damn fool ;)

20. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie