Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by PhatVR6, Mar 27, 2008.

1. golf2 Forum Member

2. JAY

Jay Forum Member

took me about 20 goes to update it, now i can go online and get whooped!

3. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

You just don't get it do you?

You are quite happy to be ripped off for upto 20 by selling you the same thing twice, Sony know it and they will rip your **** out with every big game from now untill the PS98

Well done.

:clap:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  4. golf2 Forum Member

Get over it!

5. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

I'll get over it when sony stop doing it.

If Microsoft see Sony Making money form it. They will do it to make more money. If Microsoft do it EVERY single games developer will start to do it.

Which will be to the detrement of the entire gaming community. The only way to stop it is to make sure its unprofitable for Sony, or anyone else to do it.

6. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Dude! just leave it, we are all mugs as we have all bought it...but we don't care! Money to burn!

7. Aphex Forum Junkie

It'd last me longer than 20 quids worth of petrol :lol:

8. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

it's called business, and marketing.....

9. golf2 Forum Member

Exactly!

Just think about how many things we buy during our lifetime that we dont actually need. All of those things are making someone money and ripping us all off. Thats just the way it works and you will never change that.

I spent 250 on an Xbox 360 that stops working after a year, thats a ****ing rip off!:lol:

10. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

I have nothing against business and marketting.

Infact I am quite impressed with the job Sony has done in pulling the wool over your eyes by potentially selling you the same thing twice and in some cases making you play exactly what you have already played once just so you can get some "new" stuff.

"But the save game will work in the full game" the response was.

Big whoop.

A big chunk of the game you will go out and buy for 40 has need negated by the previous 20 you spent 6 months earlier. Hmm great. You've still had to pay 60 to have the full game, when you should really have only paid 40.(which is an outragous ammount anyway, but thats another matter)

And it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that when release comes than yes, the save game will work with it, but they have conviniently added new features to the bits you've played previously, making you restart the whole game again.

Put in it VW terms:

Its like buying an new engine for your car. One that will never brake down or need servicing etc.. VW turn round and say Ok, we have this really good engine, but you can give us 200 for this bottom end now which you can fit into your car BUT with the added bonus that in 6 months time, for just 400 you will get the whole engine. Block and Head ready to put in your car and drive off in.

Thats great, I enjoyed fitting the bottom end to my car and really look forward to driving the whole thing. 6 months down the line I have just paid out another load of money and I've got myself an awesome engine that I will love and that will never brake down. I can either take out my previosuly fitted bottom end, or fit the fully complete one from VW. I am now loving the engine in my car. However, I still have a spare bottom end sitting around that I can't use or sell, but I have paid full price for and why the hell couldn't they have supplied me with the full thing from the get go.

It makes no sense what so ever even if it is "only" 20. Personally its the principle that they have the cheek of doing it, rather than the ammount of money spent.

Especially when Sony probably have the full complete game sat in an office ready for release, but want to squeese every penny out of you.

Thats my last word on the matter.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  11. golf2 Forum Member

I do agree with you and understand you completely, it just doesnt bother me in the slightest.

Its just not worth getting so annoyed about such a small thing.

12. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

and it was 17.99....so what....

13. JAY

Jay Forum Member

mine came with the console, it was 299 everywhere for a standard 40gb one and 279 in tesco for the GT5 one and i also got school vouchers and clubcard points

14. golf2 Forum Member

Thats a bloody good price. Same as play.com with 1 game.

15. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Mine was tesco job too.
    Such a fool buying a console and game package that cost less than just the console.
    Been online with it and I'm pretty sure I'll be too busy on that to finish the 1 player game now.

16. b'locks Forum Addict

i think you're all mugs for buying it, i was shocked and disgusted when i realised they were selling a demo for 20 odd, couldn't quite believe it!

if you're all happy to pay out twice for the same game then obviously that's your prerogative you've obviously all got money to burn..... personally i wouldn't buy it purely out of principle regardless of how much money or desire i had for the game!

i just hope other games makers don't get greedy and start doing it with every other big release from now on. :thumbd:

17. golf2 Forum Member

Ive been playing GT2 today on the PS2. Id forgotten how good the old versions are!

I hope you can buy different wheels and go through the car wash in GT5 :lol:

18. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I still haven't even had my 2nd go on this yet..

19. fthaimike Forum Addict

20. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Looks good...but I`ll still be holding out for the full version...

As much of a fan of the GT series as I am, I still can`t help being dissapointed in the way the cars react when you have on off/run into someone. It`s billed as `the ultimate simulator`, but the crashes are very `arcade` like. And still no `damage`...:thumbd: