Help me please :( VR6 with no power

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Macca, Oct 31, 2003.

1. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Just about run in then ;)

How many of those have you put on it??
    Edited by: 1990

2. PeteVR6 Forum Member

47,000 in 2 years.Just fitted my new rear lights from Awesome(looks very different)Just going to go and wash it now cos it looks daft with nice new lights and a filthy car!!!!

3. mark_vr6 Forum Member

Did the TB get fitted by you and if so does it make much / any difference?

4. PeteVR6 Forum Member

Out of all the mods the throttle body and de-cat made the biggest difference(i've been doing the mods one by one!!)It really felt less restrictive with the 2.9 throttle body-well worth doing(you'd see what i meant if you had them both in your hand and compared them).If anybody knows of somebody who wants to buy my old 2.8 one,let me know.(its in mint perfect working order)

PETE

5. mark_vr6 Forum Member

Cheers Pete - I'm off down to AMD in the new year for the big bore jobbie so glad it makes some difference. I wish the schrick cams were a bit cheaper though [:s] !

6. Macca Forum Member

FIXED at last! :)

Original mechanic that replaced the head gasket agreed to have the head off for free to see if he'd put it back wrongly.
    Well, he had. Cam timing was out by one tooth in relation to crank timing, cos he had tried to align top dead centre using some old fashioned method rather than look at the marks on the clutch. seems a bit dumb, but he did the extra work at his own cost, so all's forgiven.

thanks to everyone who helped out with this topic, especially by disuading me from using pricey VW main dealers in my initial panic!

Car runs better than ever :) :) :) :) :)

7. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Glad to hear that mate, congratulations [:D]