i bought a C4 now with pics

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by gorilly, Jul 30, 2007.

1. gorilly Forum Member

let the stoning begin!!

35 road tax, 45mpg urban in auto mode, I can offset the entire price of the car against my tax bill , no mot needed for 2.5 years, warranty for 2.5 years insurance group 5.

5K miles, ex demo, i got it for about 2 grand less than it should have been (know someone there). 6 speed EGS manual and auto, dual zone climate, cruise control, speed limiter (why), auto everything,

now you can all tell me how **** it is

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  2. damogti Forum Junkie

Citreon [:o)] :lol:

Although i do like the look of the C4 there is still no getting away from the fact that it it French with crap electrics and the build quality of a soggy cardboard box!!!!

3. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

[​IMG]

[:s]

4. gorilly Forum Member

only time will tell! im only going to own this car for 2 years, i have no reservations for citroen so if it is crap... its going again! but otherwise, sitting in the car, it felt better than a mk5... ive read long term road tests from real drivers not magazines and they seem reliable enough!

5. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

Sounds like a good buy Gorrily.

Dont listen to all the ****e about French car build quality that people express their opinions about, on here. Alot of French cars are excellent, and dont forget that Mk2 golf's are the best built cars in the world and never sqeak or rattle.

Pug 306- alot better than a Mk3 golf that was being produced at the same time.
    Peugeot 2051.9Gti- not the best built but a 100 times more fun to drive than the Mk2 Gti, faster and a better handling car.

Had a 1.97TD ZX Volcane with 240k on the clock- the best car i have ever owned

6. gorilly Forum Member

thanks mate, i had a customer who had a xantia estate (i think) with something like 200k miles on it he loved it.

it was between an astra sport hatch or a C4... the astra is very nice an dmuch quicker but more expensive to run and insure, the seats were hard which are not major bad points but the whole object of the c4 is something comfortable, cheap and just for work!

in all honesty the interior seems really nice in the c4 and pretty sturdy...

7. lufbramatt Forum Member

im sure itll be perfectly reliable and they do look pretty cool . . . just dont let anything touch it as the steel they use is about 2 grades up from tinfoil . . a girl nudged my B3 passat with one in a carpark and caused 1400 worth of damage to the citroen- bent the whole door, crumpled the wing and split the bumper- and on mine there there was a golfball size dent in my back bumper which popped out when i stuck a screwdriver down the back. ouch.

to stop the wing fouling her tyre i just pulled the metal back out with one hand, it didnt put up much of a fight.

8. Seraph Banned

Which is ironic, as Citroen get some of the highest Ncap ratings outright...

You can't expect much praise for the cars on here - people are so blinkered, they'd rather gouge their eyes out than admit an non vag car might be acceptable.

9. lufbramatt Forum Member

the NCAP ratings are largely based on how a car absorbs the energy from a crash, and pretty much the only way you can absorb it is by crumpling the shell in a pre-determined way, and using internal structures to stop it crumpling in such a way that will injure the occupants. Not vital areas such as wings are gonna be made from the lightest steel they can get away with to save costs and weight . . . Im sure a 17 year old passat or golf would fail dismally on modern crash tests, but for day to day use theyre a bit more durable hehe. Although im sure that goes for most modern cars.

I do like some french cars tho, my mate has a pug 605 3.0 V6 SV and its a beast :lol:

10. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

how about a 17 year old golf with a cage? [:D]

11. inoakgreen Forum Member

better than a mk2 vr6?????????????:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HOW MUCH DID YOU WANT FOR IT AGAIN????;) ;) ;)

12. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

I had a BX 1.9 TD for three years & it never actually broke down, quite a few minor bits fell off & a few more stopped working, but everything that really counts worked perfectly.

Have you found the button that makes it turn into an ice skating robot yet?

13. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

Yes in fact it was better car but in a different way. The Mk2 VR which i have now sold was only useable once in a while as it just got on my tits. Noisy, very hard ride, rattly, drank fuel and very uncomfortable on a long drive. It was incredbibly fun to drive when i did use it but id rather have walked to work than use it every day.

My Volcane was an awesome little car, great little engine and for what it was it was quite quick too. Took it in Part ex and gave 150 for it and i loved every minute spent in it. Oh and nothing fell off of it surprise surprise. I kick my self for getting rid of it.

14. damogti Forum Junkie

Ok, i'll correct myself..... from the front!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

15. damogti Forum Junkie

To look at maybe as the MK3 is quite ugly from most angles but as for engineering and general build quality the Mk3 kicks the sh*t out of the pug.... My g/f is on her 4th 306 at the min (99 HDi D Turbo at the moment) so i can speak from experience here :)

16. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

I completely disagree as will any other motor trader.

The Mk3 golf was expensive to buy, poor spec on the lower models in comparrison. They rust far worse than the 306. The cabin materials are just as sh*te as they are in the 306. I have sold approx 8 306s in the last year and they have been great. The equivelent 306,either an XSi ot GTi6, when compared to the Golf Gti would pull its pants down and rape it on any sort of road.

The only thing the Mk3 had over the 306 was residual values were stronger and this was achieved by having a VW badge slapped on the front and the clever marketing to go with it.

17. Admin Guest

thought the C4 was made up of plastic panels?

engineer at my last place had the vts version on the C4. one of the selling demos was the salesman booting the wing and it popping out without any damage!

18. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

know many 306s that have lasted well after 166k miles?

the ones that ive been in have all been rattle boxes. did own a 406 for a while which was supprisingly good, but its not a 306

19. gorilly Forum Member

well plastic, play dough and tin foil... according to people on here!

no idea. i know the bonnet will pop back up after seeing this on youtube = link (awful video... there should be regulations on who can and cant buy a camcorder

20. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

This is going to drag on and on as just like every thread on here that inlvoves mentioning another brand. As a trader im not bias to any particular car brand and like to think I see through the mist unlike many people on on here who wont beleive anything other than a thrashed old Volkswagen is any good.

I personally have not had a 306 "that has lasted well after 166k" as i tend to have cars for sale with less miles unless very cheap. The 306 was an excellent car and anyone who isnt blinkered will tell you that they are better in alot of ways to the Mk3 Golf but i cant be bothered to go into this any more.

Anyway Gorilly nice buy mate and hope it does you a good turn!