Ibiza Cupra Sport 16v iTB Track Car - Aero & Engine Rebuild

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Dave R, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Photos from Volksfest Wales

[​IMG]
    Carr20vT Giving his K1 yet another touch up, all the time I went back there he was wiping something down....... I do love that car mind :)

[​IMG]
    The Snot with the ribbon on her and here's a close up:

[​IMG]
    NUMBER 1!!

2. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well there was one disadvantage of using the car cover was that once I took the car out for a drive I couldn't really put the cover back over. Plus I've had enough of the kids running around by the cars and going past on their bikes, already put a stitch on my Passat. Having no garage to store the Ibiza in and thinking of going further around the UK to do trackdays I decided to buy a fully enclosed trailer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Manage to find a "Seat Sport" decal off eBay, been looking for one of these for years and randomly came across it so had to have one! Placed it by my gear stick :)

[​IMG]

Ordered a pretty aluminium baffled sump from INA Engineering, just waiting on delievery now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And also did another few track sessions at Castle Combe on Audi Driver International

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which wasn't the best day because track manners on my 1st session weren't the best. And then my 2nd session I waited for an hour in the pit lane, seen 4 Audi's que up after me go onto track before me, do a session come back into the pit lane go back out on a 2nd and then came out on the same session as me.

They were told to get Audi's on 1st. I jumped in my car at 15:15 when I asked the lady in the pit "What time is the last session?" she told me 16:30 asked her what the time was now and told me 16:15. And then on that session my gears were not selecting very well and told me 5 goes to get into 3rd all the time.

Spoken the to lady on the signing on bit and shetook my last ticket and details then refunding me so she said.

Not going to another Audi Day ever again if they open it up to other VAG cars!

4. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Also brought a 16 Row Oil Cooler because I'm getting silly oil temps out on track! Just waiting on the sandwich plate and the pipe work :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Had my rocker cover painted by a mate

[​IMG]

6. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

7. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well the car's been at Saxon a bit longer than planned, I'm having a new manifold and exhaust system built because he recommend a different design that would suit my spec a bit better! (3/4 primaries into 2 1/2 system, with motorsport silencers and I'm changing the tailpipe to a small oval).

Also last night I ordered myself a set of polycabonate windows with sliders, same desgin as the pic below:
    [​IMG]

Hopefully I should have the car back before xmas! [:D]

8. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Right then had some photos from Saxon Motorpsort and they now given me new ideas and I will be searching for a few part numbers after this!

Here's my manifold
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my new tailpipe instead of the twin 2.5" I had before, looking at the photo it looks too far left from the cut out on the bumper but that could be the angle of the photo was taken. Will be sorted if it isn't right anyway ;)

[​IMG]

And now for the photo that I been looking forward to is the engine bay, although the bodies and the air box look good I can't help but look at how dirty the bay is. So I will be ordering new tanks and bottles and be getting it to look clean!

Plus I see that he's used two blue hoses so have asked him for the size on them to order some red ones up!

[​IMG]

9. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Before:
    [​IMG]

Now: [:D][:D][:D][:D]
    [​IMG]

10. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well my car is beeing mapped 9pm tonight and again tomorrow at 12pm... I'm driving over there tomorrow to see it get mapped. He's given me an address and I've just found out where the car is bing mapped.

Track 'n' Road

Just looked on the site and I'm pretty impressed with the place and the cars there :funk: [B)] :blink: [:D] ;)

11. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well went down there yesterday got 30mins from the roller and thought I better check my email and I had one off him saying the car is at his workshop, an hours drive away again lol.

He had a few problems on the rollers, the coilpack was cracked??? And causing a misfire so he had a spare with him and changed it, then towards the end of mapping the inner cv joint on the driveshift was starting to make a noise and he could seen it bouncing up and down on the rollers. This also showed up on the graph so he started it untill he's changed it.

Commented on the front engine mount seems worn so he's making me up a soild front mount and the exhuast rattles on the rear beam and melted my bumper slighly so thats something else he is going to sort!

Anyway more important.... PICS!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 16 row oil cooler
    [​IMG]

Shift light
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exhaust
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

forgot my ECU: DTA S40 Pro
    [​IMG]

13. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Mark gave me a result on Tuesday because he managed to get the runs in before the drive shaft started bouncing lol. But he's fixed that now and told it for a spin and said he's pleased with the map so not going any further with it so now I will tell all!

The car produced 206.4bhp @ 8020rpm & 142.3 lbs/ft at 6931rpm with a lot of that torque avaiavble at 3000rpm instead of the 4500rpm that it was before, had to drive it like it was a v-tec lmao.

Here's the print out: (the spiking you see at the higher rev range is before of the driveshaft bouncing)

[​IMG]

And as I was bored yesterday I ploted the torque curve onto my one at Westec after the engine work at Stealth Racing... it's not the best way to compare because of the different rollers used and the on at Westec was a RR Day so the rollers didn't have a break, etc.... But gives you an idea of how different the car is now.

Also bear in mind I ploted it by hand so not 100% perfect :)

[​IMG]

I was hoping/day dreaming for more around 210bhp mark but the differenace in what it was like before and now is a good improvement! and not far off 207bhp with a standard bottom end is about right and good figure!

He had the sump off to fit a baffled sump and of course the head and commented on how clean my bottom end is and that it breathes very well as not once on the roller did it spit out any oil on the catcher tank.

14. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Right then the pic I have wanted to take and he view I have wanted to see since the bodies have been fitted.... shame I took the pic with my phone :( BUT you get the idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Here's the spec list of the work I had at Saxon Motorpsort:

Jenvey Direct to Head Throttle Bodies
    45mm Diameter
    130mm Plenum (butterfly to bell end)
    73mm Trumpet (face to bell end)

VXR Injectors
    440cc
    Ultra Sonic Cleaned

Kent Cams
    Duration 278 deg
    Valve Lift 11.04
    Full Lift 108 deg

Valves Springs
    75lbs @ 33mm
    198lbs @ 21mm
    19.5mm Chrome Silicon

Valves (Intake)
    One Piece
    32x6.95x95.5
    Under & Back Cut
    Nitrided

Valves (Exhaust)
    One Piece
    27x7x98.2
    Under Cut & Polished
    Nitrided

DTA S40 ECU
    Custom map against revs/load

16. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Been on a search for a garage for about 4 months now, even resorted to posting a leaflet type notice through peoples doors that I liked the look of their garages around my area. Filled in forms to the council in my area and had my parents do the same in their area, waited 2 months now and haven't heard off either areas!

Sold the trailer because I found it wasn't easy getting the car in and out quickly and if it's raining I would get soaked! The next option is this;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ordered it this morning!

17. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Right popped up to OSE this afternoon to have a look at my fan switch, of all things!

Couldn't take good enough pics of my windows as the rear of the car had a cover over it because the tailgate was off to sort the spoiler out and it was raining outside, so these are the best pics I can get.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Had a phone call off OSE waking me up this morning to let me know the car is ready!

So went to collect it this afternoon, got it home haven't washed it yet as I had other things to do which you will see futher down the post.

First my Polycarb Windows:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And as you can see the F2 spoiler has been removed and replaced with the OEM 16v spoiler, if you haven't noticed here's some more photos of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a cheeky one with the bonnet open
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really like how the car is looking with the standard spoiler fitted makes the car lower and wider!

And as I mentioned in a previous post, I ordered a portable garage so me and the old man (thanks because he's started to read this thread lol) put it up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The snot's new home!

19. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Washed both the cars yesterday and here's a few more pics of the "garage" with the car going into it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry the photos were taken on my phone so they look crap.

20. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Fitted my new tyres today, after having the alloys back wednesday from the powder coaters...... the second time these alloys have been resprayed!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will be giving them a good polish and wax before they go on the car and hopefully I will have time this weekend to fit them. And then wait for some dry weather to test them out :)