Ibiza Cupra Sport 16v iTB Track Car - Aero & Engine Rebuild

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Dave R, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well went up to OSE again this morning to drop some side skirt clips off, nothin done to the car, just going to polish the passenger side after fitting the sde skirt but the car was outside to got some better pics.

They were taken on my phone sorry, I'm a t!t and forgot my camera again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Need a few opinions on my next idea! :confused:

Was going to refit my headlining that is retrimed in al..... (something) black :blink: Looks lush and feels realy nice. But because of the material of the headlining he had to fit a chucky bit of foam and then cover it.

Because of this you can see the white foam on the headlining, if the plastic trims were going back into place then these wouldn't be seen and would like amazing! [B)]

But they not going back on! The roof isn't sprayed inside becasue I was going to fit this headlining along but now I'm not liking for idea because of how it turned out, it's going to be a right pain to spray the roof now because the windows and dash are in.

I've just come up with an idea of getting a black vinyl fitted instead, what does everyone think?

I got to pop up the bodyshop to see what I really think of it and I asked him about spraying it but he said himself it's goning to be a right pain and hard job to do now.

[​IMG]
    This is what I mean and from what he's saying it shows up pretty bad :(

3. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well popped up to the bodyshop today!

The car is finished now and the headlining I like but not 100% happy with it and part of me wishes I just had roof sprayed.

But everything else I'm loving it...... it hasn't hit me that the car is how I want it after all this time! :blink:

Here's some pics, the battery went dead on the camera so this is all I got.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The carbon fibre door cards
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Here's the headlining, would be more happy if he didn't cut out the bits to allow the plastic trims to clip in and folded the material over.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used some permanent marker to see if it worked
    [​IMG]

So will be paying two new pens and colouring the white bits in lol.

5. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well the snot as returned home and it was lush watching it on the back of the trailer.

Only thing is one of the alloys were chipped when the car moved on the trailer (not all 4 wheels were strapped) and paint rubbed slighly on the wheel straps, leaving a whitey/grey mark on corner of a spoke [:@]

Really wish I had got a trailer and collected myself now!

Fitted my Stack gauges, well almost.... they in and light up, also dim with the dial but haven't fitted or wired up the senders because of the rain, it's p!ssing it down.

Rung OSE he said leave the car with him they will sort my alloys out for me and once it's up there he will put it through a MOT'd as well because I'm working silly hours again next week.

Here's a few beadage shouts and a few of the snot [:D][B)][:D]:clap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Few of the Snot
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And next to the Passat.....
    [​IMG]

7. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Bit more to update, when the rain stopped I decided to finish what I started with the gauges. Here's a few pics but they were taken in the dark, I will take some better ones in the morning.

The Oil Temp isn't working yet because the sender isn't fitted yet, got a new sump plug wiv a female thread for the sender to go into to. The wire is there but will fit the sender when I do a oil change next week but the Voltage and Oil Pressure is working.

Here's a diagram I drew up quickly in work on my break this morning
    [​IMG]

No more CD Player... the engine is the best soundtrack you can get :)
    [​IMG]

Give you an idea when they lit at night
    [​IMG]

The flash on the camrea doesn't show them lit up but shows them more clear
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

More pics of the gauges but in the daylight this time :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two Clean cars [:D]
    [​IMG]

9. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Right been busy over the weekend,

Fitted my rollcage
    Cleaned, dusted and hovered the inside
    Fitted my Bucket Seats
    Fitted the Harnesess
    Fixed how the fitting of the passenger seat was
    Plumbed in my Oil Catch Tank
    Fitted the Air Feed

Had a few vistors so see the Snot :)

Anyway enough typing the photo's.......

Delocked passegner door handle (forgot to mention this)
    [​IMG]

Carbon Fibre Door Cards
    [​IMG]

Interior Shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I've just noticed I haven't fitted my hammack in yet :redface:

[​IMG]

10. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

My Oil Catch Tank and plumbing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Sorry haven't cleaned the engine bay till today (Monday)

Oil Pressure Sender for the Stack gauge
    [​IMG]

And my track stickers on the rear window :)
    [​IMG]

Today, I've cleaned the engine bay and the car.

11. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Right, It's now MOT'd........... passed with flying colours (think thats the first for the Mk2 boys this year :p)

Tax'd today on the internet, had my alloys sorted but I need my tracking done!

Collected the car tonight, well Byron kindly let me use his garage to adjust my coilovers, was up there till about half 8 tonight messing about with them till I was happy. Even if I'm having it corner weighted next Thursday ;)

He managed to get the bloke to fit some time in to sort me out with a sun strip..... I wanted the "OSE" logo in white but for some reason the bloke doing it did it in lime green :confused: Byron told me it was because he was in a rush and he thought it would look good. Well I'm still undecided about it, didn't like it at 1st but now it's growing on me, going to leave it on for a few days and see what comments I get with it. So I might still have it done in white.

Sorry the pics are in the dark but what do you think :think:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The sticker does match my Compomotive stickers on the alloys

On my way home, through a few lanes I decided to give the car a bit of beans and all I got to say is "I LOVE DIFF "

If you thinking of getting one fitted to what ever car you have....... Just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Not a lot done to take photos of. Had the tracking and camber sorted yesterday.... did lose my centre cap off one of the compo's spent 40mins looking for it with no luck and on my way home thought I will have another look and found it :)

Changed the oil today, fitted a new boonet switch for the alarm, re-soldered a cable for the alarm and fitted a new sticker lol :) Couldn't use the sump plug adpator I had for my oil temp gauge so will be searching for a new adpator later on when I get in.

Will change the fuel filter tomorrow now and then give my filter a good clean so won't be using it saturday :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Right 1st chance I've had to sit down and update this!

On the 14th of May I had my car corner weighted and set up by Center Gravity. Left my house at half 5 for a drive up to Warwickshire to be there for half 8, after a for service stops :)

Got u there on time and had a very warm welcome by Chris and his wife Jayne and a well needed coffee.

Had a good chat with Chris with what handling mods I have done to my car and what I be using it for. Then he got down to business, checked over all my mods, the bushes are okay, shocks fitted and look in good condition, checked the anti roll bars!

Made sure his ramp was all level.

Then did a load of measurements around the car, how the tyres were wearing, the height of the car basically a overall look at the car and how it is sitting/set up at the moment. Then he got out the Bilstein spec sheet and set up the coilovers to Bilstein's spec.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once he got it to the Bilstein spec, put my weight out to the drivers seat
    [​IMG]

That's what I look like in free weights!

Then he removed the arb's because they will resists how the car sits as well
    [​IMG]

Then went about making more measurments of the car's height to get it level with my weight inside it. Once that was done, removed the car off the ramps and fitted all the corner weighing equipment and placed the car back onto the ramps.

(I forgot to take a pic of the corner weight equipment but can be seen on the next for pics)

Then looking at the cross axel measurments (rear passenger to drivers front and visa vicer) to make that 50/50 and then looking at the axel ratio weight (passenger rear to drivers rear and drivers front to passenger front) to make that 50/50. And then the front to rear of 60/40 ratio of the weight.

This is done by adjusting the height up or down to shift the weight around the car. For example if the passenger rear had too much weight and the drivers front had less weight then raising the passenger rear and lowering the drivers front will shift the weight towards the drivers front.

While doing everything on the car Chris talks you through what he is doing and is happy to stop and explain something to you, plus Jayne supplying loads of coffee lol.

Once he is happy with the corner weighting he then fits the eqiupemt to set up the tracking and camber of the car
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rear passenger camber and toe was stop on but the drivers rear had too much negitive camber and too much negitive toe so he removed the hub and placed 1.2mm shims, checked the measurments, removed again and altered the amount of shims till he was happy. But it wasn't as straight forward as that because one the bolts were siezed and then snapped, which took hours to remove and burnt out every drill bit he had.

But fair play to Chris whereas by the time I would be shouting, swearing and throw tools around he was charm and after a cup of coffee and 2 hours of attempts he removed the bolt.

Once he was happy with the set up he takes the car for a test drive with you in the passenger seat, takes it around his "test route" which he does with every car... 1st stop around a small roundabout, goes to 30mph comes out and says "Thats good because the record is in a ferrari maranello at 34mph" and it was damp when we were on the test drive. Happy days thinking that, onto a dual carrageway.... shows the steering wheel straight and the car goes straight then tells me that the car will go to the left, leaves go and puls to the left.... next duals the car will pull right, leaves go and so it does! The car is following the camber of the road.

Takes it through a bumpy B road and shows how easy the car is to handle then lets me drive...... telling me what corners are ahead the car grips well, so easy to drive and it's mind blowing how much grip it has! Hardly any moment in the steering wheel is needed and sooo easy to corner. Would really recommend this done!

14. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

The following day (15th of May) the day that the car was waiting for, the day that I worked my **** off to get the car into the bodyshop and out in time, that day I missed a year ago when I bumped the car. NURBURGRING!!!!!!

Left at 4 in the afternoon and drove through the night to get to Germany!

Settting off at Scott's
    [​IMG]

And the journey
    [​IMG]
    (1st time I've seen a rolling pic of the car on the motorway)

At our Guest House
    [​IMG]
    (The pic was taken before heading home but would one I got of the car infront of the house, apart from on my phone but I'm lazy).

The snot in bed
    [​IMG]
    (I really want a garage of my own!)

Going onto the Ring
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coming off in one piece
    [​IMG]

15. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

And now the action shots!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Had a new sun strip fitted with a new OSE (Old School Engineering) sticker
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Nurburgring sticker had to be added to my collection on the rear window!
    [​IMG]

And brought some Aero wiper blades before I went to Germany
    [​IMG]

17. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well not much of an update but spent all of saturday catching a tan by wash both the cars and then giving the Ibiza a good polish and wax.... Know you shouldn't do that in the sun but doing bits of the panel at a time and rotating the car away from the sun all the time I managed to do it lol.

Here's a few photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photo of both my car together
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Right collected my car cover off Rogers yesterday here's a link to the one I got trailor fitted for the car:

Storm Force Cover by Car Zone

I know it's sad putting my track/toy under cover but before I had the car sprayed the passenger side and half the boot was more faded than the drivers side because the sun is always on that side of the car and because I don’t have a garage this is the next best thing for me to do!

I'm going to start looking into hiring a garage if I can find one within 10 miles or maybe a small unit... see what the prices are going to be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plus it starting little thieving eyes looking at the car now.

19. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

20. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Photo from the feature me and rogers had with Golf+ took this on my phone

[​IMG]