Ibiza Cupra Sport 16v iTB Track Car - Aero & Engine Rebuild

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Dave R, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

The cage is getting rubbed back this week and then sprayed in its new colour on Friday. If all goes to plan the cage will be all finished and fitted this Saturday!!!

Then it’s time to move on the list:

Neuspeed ARB’s (Got, waiting to fit)
    New discs & pads (To get)
    Samco Hoses (Got, waiting to fit)
    Bucket Seats (To get)

Gonna try to get the above done before Performance Action Day in Castle Combe because I got some track time mmmmmmmmm.

Hopefully have my gauge pod from Seat soon and fit my pressure gauge and another gauge when I decide which other one will be helpful! (God knows when it’s all going to come).

2. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well this weekend the cage got finished off.... day later because I took it home to paint strip (found some rust we wanted to sort out) and the paint strip stuff I got was crap, the jet wash broke and I only had till 5 to sort it.

So Saturday took it back down to the garage and used this stuff

[​IMG]

And god wasn't it strong hand wash, it did this to the paint......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rear cage all preped
    [​IMG]

And then all the bars waiting to be sprayed
    [​IMG]

The final colour.... Frozen White aka Focus ST white
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Continued

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today then we went onto fitted the cage into the car :funk:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Continued....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And once again.... Thanks a lot to Mat!!!

5. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Here's a pic of the car all washed up
    [​IMG]

And these are what i brought on my way home from the gym this afternoon.... gonna fit them before Performance Action Day on the 19th mmmmmmm
    [​IMG]

Sorry they not out of the wraping.... I don't want dog hair all wiv them lol

6. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Even more to update on.....

I got these lot to fit soon

[​IMG]
    Neuspeen Anti Roll Bars 25mm Front, 28mm Rear

[​IMG]
    Samco hose kit for a bargin price :whistle:

And a set of Corbeau Sprint Bucket Seats
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well started fitting my buckets yesterday after work in between showers but then when I had the last seat to finish it p!ssed down…. That’s my luck! :cry:

Got woken up at half 9 by my dear mum, telling me to sort my car hehe..... and well here’s the pics of the seats

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a nice creative moment I had when taking the pics
    [​IMG]

Then got on with fitting the Rear Neuspeed Anti Roll Bar since the rain is holding off. What a b!tch of a job trying to get them brackets onto the rear beam, rung PhilW to ask HOW!?! And all I had was him giggling like a girl to me lol.

Noticed then I had the bush the wrong way around…. Doh!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What a difference they it makes…. The car just grips and grips and grips some more, amazing how much it helps!

New tyres Monday for the front and a oil change then I'm ready for Castle Combe next week!!! :):p

8. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well here's another goody to go on the car soon!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The gauge holders from the LHD Ibiza's and also came in some of the 1.6 sports to..... got this from the dealer for a total price of 5.08

Had to wait 8 weeks to have got it and by the 7th week I was told that they couldn't get hold of the rear part of the holder and then 2 days later he found one woohoo. I was told by both VW and Seat that these are the last ones available

I think I found a bargin of a deal for these! :funk:

9. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well I need a bit more.....

Slam Panel
    Headlights
    Bumper with all the trimings
    Splitter
    Bonnet
    Both the wings have a bit of rust so will be changing them
    Tailgate..... rust around the window (think it's had a bump in the past) :(

One of my mates have managed to get me dealer parts at a nice price but I haven't seen the list yet.

Oh and the car is staying.... reasons:

Lotus I want is way too much for my liking at the mo and the Evo is stupid on insurance plus then I started the car on the weekend...... the luminess made me wet :drool: Also when I'm all grown up with a house I want the snot machine for track use [B)]

Along with the full respray I'm removing all the sound deadening, fitting a varley red top battery in the rear, maybe the water bottle and having the inside sprayed.

Oh something to do with the dashboard

10. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

So a little update on how my parts are going:

Got new parts from Dealer:

Bonnet
    Both wings
    Slam Panel
    Bumper and all the grilles and trim
    Headlights
    Fog lights

Basically the whole front end.

Ordered my carbon fibre door cards and thinking of perspex windows to :)

Looking into a racing battery, found a place by me that makes them and he's pretty sound so I've been told.

Gonna be ordering a aluminium rad and fit my red samco hoses

Still need to get hold of a tailgate so if anyone knows for one, please let me know!!!!!

Alloys should be back looking better than new either this weekend or the next and once I have them the car will be lifted a bit because I think it's too low now.

11. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Right then been a while..... I got all my parts now and they all new from Seat mmmmmmmm :funk:

Had a closer look of the side skirts I had off eBay and they are cracked so will be ordering new ones tomorrow I think! I will get photos up of all the parts when it comes to taking it to the bodyshop.

But in the mean time, I collected a Peloquin Diff from a bloke from Club GTi. Had the diff fitted to find a problem! I brought a 02A diff for my 02A box, right!? Well the 02A should have push in flanges and for some reason I had bolt in flanges!

Emailed Peolquin and I had the main owner ring me himself from the US at 2am our time, keep in mind I finished work at 10pm that night and was back in work at 6am!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway he got me the part number that I needed for the correct flanges to fit to the diff along with the circlips. But with all the rain we been having, I haven't had a chance to refit the box so once I'm waiting for our summer to come I decided to clean and paint my box.

Here's a pic of the Peloquin Diff
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SNIFF MY DIFF!!​

12. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

And now the gearbox........
    Before
    [​IMG]

After cleaning with degreaser and jet wash
    [​IMG]

After painting
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come! :whistle:

13. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Now for my alloys that I had refurbed!

Hope you all remember the fuss I kicked up with Compomotive after showing them the thread on here......... (just to refresh you memories) http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=177690&highlight=compomotive

Well they are the before photos and now here they are in all their glory!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wrapped in Goodyear Eagle F1's and wearing matt black centre caps with lime green decals! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm [:D]

Work was done by Steve at APS Services

14. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

And found this pic of my car on the forum for Castle Combe...............

This was taken at Performance Action Day, it was my 1st time out on a wet track

[​IMG]

15. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Won this on eBay last night

[​IMG]

520 Bullet Camera with DV500 recorder and all the kit. Something to record track time with now but all I need to go with it is a car and a track session lol.

The kit is the 2007 model which was going at 340-360 and I had it for 240 off ebay, dog cam sport were selling off their backstock so go myself a deal. Only thing different with the 2007 model and 2008 model is that the newer model comes with a wired remote that you press a button and records within 5 seconds....... but for a saving of 100+ I don't mind bending with to press a button lol.

Also the 2008 record can take a 16gb SD Card whereas the 2007 can only take 8gb.... but it's usually 1 hour per gb so 8 hours will be more than enough for me lmao!

16. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well it's been a long time since I've updated anything on here!

I'm gonna try and go in order of what I purchased and work I've done......... 1st I bumped the car back last June I think, trying to avoid a fox :angry2:
    I should I have hit to be honest but ended up in a banking, damaging the Slam Panel, Bumper, head lights. Then once I stripped it all the wind decided to blow up my bonnet damagin that as well!

Thanks to Rob I managed it get dealer parts so had new:

Bonnet
    [​IMG]

New wings because they were rusting
    [​IMG]

New lower Splitter with the slots cut out
    [​IMG]

Swapped my GTi 16v spoiler for another F2 Spoiler
    [​IMG]

New lower grille
    [​IMG]

17. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

New bumper
    [​IMG]

New fog light surrounds
    [​IMG]

New fog Lights
    [​IMG]

New GTi Headlights
    [​IMG]

18. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

New inductors
    [​IMG]

New side skirts
    [​IMG]

DTM Mirrors
    [​IMG]

Ater 3 months of searching found a 2nd hand tailgate which I had the wiper and boot locl smoothed off
    [​IMG]

Thats the new body parts, I will get to typing after work tonight and try to get it all up to date to this week :)

19. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Went to adjust my FK Highsport Coilovers because the snot was way too low for my liking anymore and it wrecked my front arches being so low. I decided to raise the car but found them to be seized solid (3 years on the car and never touched them after fitting).

Decided to get a custom set up on the car, Koni Adjustable Shocks and Faulkner springs made up but I don’t really know much about suspension set ups. Emailed Faulkner asking for advice and they told me they don’t know what their springs go on, just build to the customers spec. Tell them what diameter spring, length and poundage and he make them, so he gave me contract details of 2 people that could help me.

First one said he would sort me out with something but he was busy so phone but in a week. Rung up a week later told me again he was busy and asked for the car’s details but wasn’t interested in the car being stripped or anything (thought the car being lighter than standard might change something).

Told me he get back in touch but never did, rung him again and told me to just get a full koni set. So I contacted the other company, he said he look into it but is going on holidays for 2 weeks so will sort it when he gets back, waited 2 weeks and all he told me was he’s got Koni adjustable on his Golf R32 with AVO springs and they amazing! Again not what I wanted!!!!

After this I lost any interest in the car and just forgot about it for a month. Finally got the love back from it after weeks and weeks of looking at Evo’s, scobbies, lotus’s and thought I came this far might as well finish it.

Priced around for a Koni Adjustable Kit (Springs and shocks) ordered them from Larkspeed and had to wait for 3 weeks to have them made up from Holland. Once I finally got the kit noticed that because I’m going from coilover back to springs and shocks, I haven’t got any of the top mounts or anything so ordered them from Seat.

Went to fit the kit and noticed I was missing the base plate for the rear springs, got in touch with Koni and waited 2 weeks for them. Once I got the plates I lost the rest of the kit, to this day I haven’t seen them, I’m sure my dogs ate them or something.

Spent weeks and weeks trying to get the parts off Koni and when I finally did, fitted the kit and the car looked standard height!

20. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

This is what a 40mm drop should look like
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is what mine looked like:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]