Ibiza Cupra Sport 16v iTB Track Car - Aero & Engine Rebuild

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Dave R, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Put the snot on another weight loss programme! Removed all the sound deadening, not a job I would like to do again, also fitted a Odyssey PC680 battery, the battery holder will be done in Matt Black done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Went to change my brake pads and disc’s and found that one of the dust seals on the brembo’s wasn’t looking too good so had them refurbed and painted by Godspeed Brakes and then painted the rear callipers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fitted Ferodo DS2500 pads with grooved 305mm discs and Pagid Fast Road pads and grooved rear discs.

3. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Trying to sort out the suspension for the car I decided to go for a 60mm drop using spax springs. Removed the front shock and then the Koni spring, assembled it all but together and found that the Spax spring wouldn’t compress, it was just moving around as it wanted to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had enough of the standard ride height of the snot and the Spax spring was too short for the Koni shock so I ordered a set of Bilstein B14 Coilovers. Took only a week to come from Germany, I got them Tuesday and by Wednesday morning I was fitting them.

The front went on with no problem but when it came to the rear the thread pin that you place the bushes onto and then the nut to hold it in place was too short.

[​IMG]

Here’s a pic showing the difference between the Koni to the Bilstein threaded pin
    [​IMG]

I had a set of uprated Mk2 Golf rear bushes that were shorter than the standard ones and built up these would allow the pin to become long enough.
    [​IMG]

With Standard bushes
    [​IMG]

Rung DPM Performance and he emailed Bilstein to check they the right parts which they were. So I took their word and tried to fit them again, lowered the car down so the full weight was on them and still no luck. Thinking that the car is lighter than standard I decided to jump in the boot and bounce up and down while trying to turn the nut and it went, Happy Days!

4. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

The Bilstein next to the Koni’s
    Front
    [​IMG]

Rear
    [​IMG]

How the car is sitting now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Don’t know if I have already mentioned, I have a set of Carbon Fibre door cards which I had just before xmas time, will get pics of them up soon.

Now for the most up to date bit………..

The snot was taken to the bodyshop yesterday (Monday). I took it to Old School Engineering in Bleancwm, this is the place that RS Rob had his fez done and pookie’s old Paxo when he sold it.

Before it went up, I was empty the inside of the car and found a pen so got bored and decided to write all over it then left the missus kid and my nephews draw over the panels that were getting replaced.

[​IMG]

Then went to Cardiff to hire a trailer for the day and took the car to OSE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The list that I had to make of what I wanted done follows:

• Spray car standard colour outside and inside.
    • Spray DTM Mirrors with the bases and the slam panel Matt Black.
    • Fit bonnet pins.
    • Colour code standard mirrors (caps).
    • Fit Spoiler
    • Fit new tailgate.
    • Flock dashboard.
    • De-lock passenger door.
    • Rust on rear arches and passenger door.
    • Colour code side skirts.
    • Make plate up for oil catch tank.
    • Spray Battery cover in the boot Matt Black.
    • Fit mud flaps on the front.

I will be going up there over the weekend to see how the work is coming along and of course get some more pics up!!

6. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Don't you mean brown :whistle:

I'm much happier with the height but it may alter when I get it all corner weighted..... but can't see the corner weight lowering the car much more.

Will be popping up to the bodyshop on saturday to see how it is going.

Forgot to say to him that I want the front bumper cut by the number plate like on the F2 Rally car like this,

[​IMG]

but wont you see the slam panel bit?? Know Roly and Chris have done it so one of you two let me know :)

7. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Right went up to Old School Engineering yesterday for a nose and a chat.

Didn't do to much, body wise because the chassis legs were slightly out, not just from my bump but from before I had the car by the looks. Thought this myself when I took the slam panel and bumper off and saw a bit of rust on the front plate on the passenger chassis leg, it's all spot on now and this is how it's looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a chat decided to get my roof lining done in black instead of the cream it is right now, so dropping that up there on tuesday and going to get aero bonnet pins instead of the usually bonnet pins I got now.

8. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Since I can't hear any music from the two tiny speakers in the dash board, I've removed my cd player and going to replace it with these Stack Gauges, Volts, Oil Temp and Oil Pressure

[​IMG]

Volt Gauge
    [​IMG]

Oil Temp
    [​IMG]

Oil Pressure
    [​IMG]

9. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Bit late posting these, haven't been near a pc since saturday morning....

Went up to the body shop on saturday afternoon to find the snot in pieces! The inside has now been sprayed and I'm shocked with how bright the colour really is :funk:

It's a shame that the photo's don't actually show how bright it really is, it's got to be seen! Anyway enough typing and more pics [B)]

How the car is looking now, I wouldn't like to be the one putting it back together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

All the parts in the spray both:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

How to de-wiper and de lock the Ibiza tailgate the right way! :p
    And not using silly little black crappy rubber :whistle:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Now the pics from the inside of the car:

Just to remind you before,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After :funk:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

And here's the Datsun you may have heard from and phil talk about,

[​IMG]

200SX engine and running gear and as you can see they making their own wide arches, mmmmmmmmm

And here's the Snap On toolbox, I think I would be happy to live in this:
    [​IMG]

14. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Right new updates, went up there yesterday (Saturday) and the car is now sprayed up with all the bumpers, spoiler, side skirts, mirrors in the spray booth. So here's the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

And the smoothed wiper and lock on the boot... Well happy with this :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a pain because the photo's don't show how green and bright the colour actually is but I'm loving it! Actually starting to regret it's gonna to be going out on track :whistle:

And they informed me the snot like to c0ck a wheel when it's being pushed outside and down a tiny ramp... well happy with that because I've always wanted to photo of me going around a tight corner while tripodding just like the old golf's use to :)

I would have taken photo's of the other parts in the spray booth but got chatting and forgot plus I'm an **** :(

After talking and looking at a few of the cars he's built for himself up there, I'm really thinking of getting polycarbonate windows..... going to ring Plastics 4 Performance first thing Monday morning and see what they can do for me and if I could get them by Friday or Saturday, even if it means me going to collect them myself, ROAD TRIP!!

If all goes well then the snot should be back with me either over the weekend or the following mid week! Then it's time to get her ready for Nurburgring..... OH YES!!!!

16. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well I haven't seen the car this week yet but one of the member on the local car club site lives just up the road from the bodyshop and popped in because he wants some work done to his car.

So once he was there he took some pics for me :)

Side skirts sprayed up
    [​IMG]

Front end on and bumper cut
    [​IMG]

Another one of the front end and if you look close I noticed the flocked dash is in [:D]
    [​IMG]

The rear of the car..... look how nice the boot is :p
    [​IMG]

Gotta pop up tomorrow with some little bits and bobs but I wanna go up now because I'm like a lil kid at the moment after seeing them pics!

17. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well just been up to the bodyshop again tonight, bit more work done to the car now but I forgot my camera and had to use my phone sorry :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DTM Mirrors sprayed Satin Black
    [​IMG]

And the flocked dash :)
    [​IMG]

18. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well 5 silly clips for the side skirt are letting me down, gotta wait till monday for VW to get them so that holds off the mud flaps being fitted and the car to be polished up. Was told today that the rear widnow is now in and I got the one with no holes.

The car should be back mid next week and back on the road by the weekend if I can get it MOT'd.....
    Got a to do list when it's out:

• Fit Cage
    • Fit Buckets and Harness
    • Fit Stack Gauges
    • And play with the coilovers again because the front as dropped
    • Get it MOT'd
    • Drive it for a few days and drop the oil and give it a lil service before Germany :)

19. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Well popped up to the bodyshop again today to drop off some more parts!

The car is almost finished now, fit the side skirt, polish the drivers side, fit head lining, fit carbon fibre doorcards and mud flaps.

So here's the photo's [:D]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the people who have seen my car will know how badly fitted my olf spoiler was and this is an improvement! So pleased with everything about this car :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

The tailgate again
    [​IMG]

My flocked dash [:D]
    [​IMG]

The Headlining has returned
    [​IMG]

Some parts didn't come into VW till 1pm and I'm working afternoons so couldn't collect them and get them back to the bodyshop before starting work so to my "disapointment" I got to go back up there again tomorrow morning..... Happy Days :p

Hopefully they'll be a few updates tomorrow as well!