Just raced a 911 Turbo...

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by richgit, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickvw Forum Member

Just seen tis thread and all I can say is what a f**king lunatic [:x] [:x]I hope you get what you deserve one day doing stunts like that, as has been said if it is true.

Here is something to think about Rich**** - Not 2 days ago, some one from our place of work had a fatal accident whilst driving to work, totally unexpectedly. One day he was there, the next gone.

Just think about it [:x]

2. chrismc Forum Junkie

:clap: A sad fact of life that people who consistently drive like wallys are those that seem to escape serious accidents... [xx(]

I somewhat suspect this is a Richgit "windup" thread, & hoping it is, as three figures in a 30 is ludicrous!

Pity he doesnt translate his fast driving to track work as the car isnt reliable enough to take a sustained caining it seems ;)

I would seriously doubt a weight of 950kgs for his car too....at least 100kgs on top of that what with quad exhausts & associated chavvy stick-on bits ;)
    Edited by: chrismc

3. Seraph Banned

wouldnt like to say. As i mentioned above, ive got a vid of rich racin a merc on public road, and they aint hangin around!
    Edited by: Seraph

4. AndyG

AndyG Forum Member

If it is a joke then it's fecking pathetic,
    And if it is true then I hope the law catch up with you and give you what you deserve [8(]

5. chrismc Forum Junkie

Completely agree! The guy is obviously a clown [:o)] , & I honestly think he is a bit mis-placed in the VW scene, a chav in a fast mk2 IMHO [:|] ......How many other people think 4 tail pipes & various other stick on Tat bits look good on a mk2? Who cares if it is "fast as....", just means you will damage yourself & whoever/whatever you hit, even moreso...

Cant believe some people seem to "hero-worship" him because of his forum threads/antics! [:[] Get a life boys! [:s]

6. jbmg40 Forum Member

Never mind the stick on bits, it'll weigh 1020-1030 ready to run, I only picked the figure for comparison to the book value quoted for the porka, which is liable to be optimistic in the same measure.

And once again for the record, the 911 would eat the mk2 alive in all but a narrow set of circumstances, however the power to weight ratio dictates that there WILL be a viable scenario where the golf has the accelerative edge.

Enabling you to drive like a goon.

7. Seraph Banned

fair point chris tbh :clap:

8. Jsem Forum Member

Some of the comments made in this thread are f[/i]uckin ridiculous .

I dont know the reasoning behind posting a thread like this on here, because as expected, you all jumped on him.

Edited by: Jsem

9. Yorkie Forum Member

What time of day was it Rich? I only ask because if it was 2am then at least it would make it a bit better. However I fear it was probably lunchtime [:s]

Either way racing on the roads is a bit stupid. You are as much to blame for this incident as the Porshce driver, he should never have tagged along. But then you know that, and nothing anyone says on this forum will change your mind.

To anyone out there trying to tell Rich how to drive or to get him to think about what might happen, don't waste your time.

It seems there are 2 different types of motorists about. Those who want to get from A to B in the quickest possible time with the least amount of fuss, and those that get in the way and want all the speed limits set to 20mph.

Part of the problem of speeding in built up areas has been caused by the lowering of speed limits on roads where the limit used to be 50 or 60, but is now 40 because some c0ck of a local Governement minister thinks that road is "too danagerous". When in fact any normal person could happily drive down there doing 60 or 70 with no problems.

So what that does is forces speeding motorist/racers into urban roads where there is more likelyhood of someone innocent being killed.

This is just my view, it doesn't make it right, it's just what I think.

Cheers, Jamie

10. GolfBryan Forum Member

Not good, 100 in a 30 [:s]

11. richgit Forum Junkie

Hi :)

My sincerest apologies, guys.

I posted that last night whilst a tad drunk, Ive just read the whole thread with your comments. I did have a 'meeting' with a 911 turbo the night before at 2am, but we got nowhere near those sorts of speeds.

I guess I posted that 100mph comment because I was feeling a bit lairy and wanted to provoke a reaction.

I apologise, it seems very sad and juvenile of me upon sober reflection :)

PS, my car had the edge on the 911 round the b-roads, whether he was pushing it or not. I think he was, tbh ;)

12. Seraph Banned

...i think it worked! :lol:

Fair dos tho rich for standing up and putting the record straight :clap:....many wouldnt!

13. Russ_JDUB Forum Member

:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.