Latest Golf+ Mag

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Andy947, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Andy947 Forum Addict

Next step will be a feature on a completely standard car, with an Induction kit and a chamge of wheels [:[]

2. superden Forum Addict

Neither do I anymore. Its not what I look for in a VW mag.

Besides, theres nothing in there I cant find out from the internet (here, in particular) :)

Plus IMO, Golf+ is a little ... dumbed down.

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Binliners cars a bit dead now. Shame was such a mint car.

4. DarrenW Forum Junkie

Definitely...

The only reason I haven't cancelled my subscription is because I like reading about the european cars that I saw at Worthersee and drool over on vw-page. A bit of background about them, that sort of thing - you don't really get that on the web and my German isn't good enough to hang out in euro-forums :lol:. The rest of it isn't worth reading any more IMO.

5. Yorkie Forum Member

Not being funny folks. But why are some of you having a go at someones 1.4 Golf?

So what if it's not too your taste, so what if it's not a GTI. Some of the things people have done to their cars on this forum, are of poor taste IMO. But it doesn't give me the right to start sl*gging it off in public. If you've got nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

If you think you could do a better job of modifying a car, they why don't you get your efforts put in a national publication, so we can all see your amazing creation.

Rant Over

Jamie

6. Andy947 Forum Addict

I had a much better car than that ever was :)

But it still wasnt deserving of a mag feature IMO

That car is NOT worty of being in the magazine. There are dozens of better cars on here and elsewhere that deserve it more than that.

7. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

If you didn't want people to discuss your car you wouldn't chase a feature.

If you want people to talk about your car then expect people to say as many bad things as good.

8. DarrenW Forum Junkie

WHat he says!

9. t_r_d Forum Member

um i agree with andy [:s] :clap:

10. sixpot Forum Member

I like binliners too,its just the majority.
    Edited by: sixpot

11. N1CK Forum Junkie

Toss :thumbup:

12. vwnutant Forum Member

........orr poor lad ....theres bits i like and bits i dont on that (god am i glad i sold my wolfrace wheels ;) ).....the bumper/diffuser are too ott....

the car is too max power for me ....but each to there own ...he could of done a better job with much less money if hed looked at the current scene ....

talking about feature cars!?!?....mine STILL isnt in there as yet????...had it photo,d AGES ago , am p***** he got in instead ?????.....whats going on ??

13. LiamG Forum Member

leave him alone guys, he wanted to be differnt and the mag have seen that so featured it, afterall aint it all about being different and seeing different its not as if its got pointy jap kit sticking out or anything, he is on these forums because ive seen him post i would be upset if i read things like that about my car.

14. kirby Forum Junkie

Yeah after all he has done the car like that because thats what he likes.

The wheels look alright to me, i'm sure i've seen someone on here with those wheels.

15. Nev93

Nev93 Forum Member

Granted its not a GTi that car, nad yes the bodywork isnt to everyones taste ( i think we have at least covered that :lol:)

But IMO i know of at least half a dozen cars that deserve a feature in mags, but havent got one. Some people would rather just build their car because they enjoy doing it, and driving it, not because it gets them in a magazine.

i also agree that if you build a car that is going in a mag then you must prepare yourself to have it sl*gged off as well as praised. But thats just another general point!!

16. DarrenW Forum Junkie

That's just it though, it isn't different is it! I can drive down to Halfords not far from here and see a car park full of Corsas and Saxos all with smoothed rear tailgates, those same wheels, and equally nasty (IMO) front ends. It's a typical car of a typical (UK non-VW) scene, and therefore nothing particularly special and not (again IMO) worthy of a feature in a mag. As others have said, if they're that desperate for content, there are plenty of people on here with far more interesting cars for a start...

17. binliner Forum Member

Why because you dont like it??

I havent seen the mag yet and I probably wont like like the car either but
    then I rarely like every car in any mag. Diversity is what keeps the scene
    alive... if magazines were as narrow minded as some people on here we'd
    just see the same thing every month and it would be very boring.

I think the Golf+ do feature more real cars not just big budget ones which
    better reflects whats going on in the uk although some of their choices
    are surprising... my car for example... feature worthy? maybe... cover car?
    I dont think so

;)

18. stew72 Forum Member

I really can't understand why this guys efforts are being sl*gged off. Granted it's not too everyone's taste, mine included, but if you don't want to see cars like it featured in golf+ then sl*g off the editor :)

Its his car, he can do with it what he likes. It's a little disappointing reading where some of the critism is coming from, if the boot was on the other foot i'm sure things would be different ;)

19. Andy947 Forum Addict

There is little or no real effort in building that car.

Could do it in a week easy.

The mag shouldnt have featured it - it was nothing special.

And the majority agree.

And as for all the 'Diversity' is what keeps the scene alive - pish off, if he came on here or ED38 he would get laughed at, cos it not part of the scene

:)

20. Nev93

Nev93 Forum Member

What a fantastic advert for E38 and CGTI, bring along your cars and get laughed at because your idea isnt the same as everyone else..

nice one:clap: [:[] :thumbd: