MTB Thread 2010

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PeeJay, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Admin Guest

the enduro expert is amazing! rode one for a bit at Afan, made riding a dream!

2. Willber Forum Member

Peejay thanks ever so much for taking the time to check the bike out for me it is much appreciated. I really like the look of it and it's a good deal - just need to sort out paying for it! My Trek is on eBay and got a couple of other bits to sell so I think i might stick it on credit card and worry about it later haha. Don't want to miss a good deal.

I had a Enduro Pro before but it was one of the original models so it was very much more XC based not AM like they are now.

Cheers guys

3. PeeJay Forum Junkie

No drama, always happy to have a brose about Don's.

Had my Enduro now since Sept '06 (4 years next month not I think of it!! - brings a tear to my eye) I've had loads of other bikes but always kept the Endruo it's so bloody good at everything two of my mates have exactly the same one as me between us we've:

Done a weeks Downhill in Morzine, Les Gets and Chatell on it.
    Rode the Ty Hafn Taff Trail challenge from Brecon, over the beacons and down to Cardiff Bay
    Commuted to work on hit hundreds of times
    Smashed every trail centre in Wales on it.
    Spent 3 months comuting around London on it running semi-slicks.

4. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

Now stolen...

5. Admin Guest

bad news, though i doubt its got far, keep your eyes peeled.

6. gobbleplease New Member

[​IMG]

My bad boy,

I just bought one of those specialized pitches 3 months ago, Feckin blindin bike for the money, Blew the forks though so they have been sent away under warranty !
    a design fault so im told[:^(]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  7. Admin Guest

^^ Looking good :thumbup: loving the Hopes.

Im in the market for a new frame in the future, my recent trip to Afan reminded me im getting a little to old to be rocking a hard tail now - the reward of riding one hard is starting to wear off!

I have pocked around some Santa Cruz's the other day and will try and track down some Rocky Mountains, it will be for trail riding so must decent as well as it climbs, im wanting around 5inch of rear travel and just after a frame only, any recomendations welcome please as I know their are a few experianced riders on here.

8. gobbleplease New Member

Specialized pitch pro mate ! One of the only bikes they have ever made with a waiting list, i think i got mine for 1400, ive had loads of bikes and thats one of the best trail bikes ive ridden, id probably upgrade the forks though !

Its just good at everything ! Its managed 10 out of 10 in loads of tests too

9. PeeJay Forum Junkie

I've got one of these arriving next week :)

Can't wait! I've already sold most of my old Enduro and my Cove will be split up this weekend [:^(] but I can't wait to have a go at this!

[​IMG]

10. Admin Guest

Yummy!

best be a good rider or a lot of people on the trails will think w*nker

11. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Well of course, I'm utterly amazing! ;)

But honestly I have to admit after a big crash a few years back I tend to ride within my limits these days and stick to the back of the pack with my mates. I've had some pretty nice bikes over the years and I'm well used to "all the gear" and "trail yuppie" looks and comments.

I let them carry on. I bought it because I wanted it, I 'justified' it because I could afford it (sort of :lol:) and I won't ride any type or value of bike because I want to impress some sado who spends their valuable riding time bike watching and passing comment on others, I'm too busy enjoying myself on my fancy bike :lol:

I LOVE bikes, easliy as much as cars, all types not just expensive ones and quite often get chatting to people on the trails about theirs. I couldn't imagine spending all morning riding, and judging people, based on their speed and bike.

This 'bike yuppie' thing seems an uniquely cycling thing I think, if I won the lottery this weekend and bought myself a Ferrari or a McLaren etc, I wouldn't expect someone to say, "well you're hardly Lewis Hamilton are you, how can you 'justify' buying that!?"

Sadly it's also a uniquely British thing.