My Lhd Mk1 going TFSI.

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by murph81, Feb 10, 2012.

1. mercedeslimos Forum Member

And you wire it into the CE2/CE1 then yes? My thing with the MK2 is leave the Mk4 loom whole. That way as I build it back up I can just connect all the modules up. In a Mk1 you don't need ABS and airbags, I want them for some strange reason! And it's not like I can't wire and sort looms, I'd just rather leave a loom intact.

2. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

No Probs mate.

It's a GQN Touran 1.9 TDI box, Ratios are (FD)3.65 3.78 2.06 1.45 1.11 0.88 0.73

It doesn't have the shifter tower but is complete otherwise.

I'll pm you a prices ;0).

Gurds

murph81 likes this.
  3. Lhasa2008 CGTI Regional Host

Great thread, What plans have you got for the manifold?

4. murph81 Forum Member

I'm using the standard manifold with the K04 turbo, I'll have to get a down pipe custom made, it's a very short distance from the manifold to the exhaust system so it should be easy enough.

5. murph81 Forum Member

Update time, looks like getting wrong parts is becoming then theme for this conversion!

So far I have been given the wrong flywheel, wrong starter motor, wrong TT shifter, loads of stuff I don't require came with the engine and the forgot to give me stuff I asked for specifically!

Anyway, despite being put back about three weeks with that crap I am making slow progress!

Clutch and flywheel fitted after a 4 hour drive to collect the correct flywheel.

[​IMG]

Front view of where I will be mounting the modified JMR engine mount bracket, I am using an extra long lower starter bolt and for the top I'm using the hole to the left of the green connector.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oil cooler (made by KTM) removed.

[​IMG]

JMR front mount pre-mod.

[​IMG]

Angle iron welded on for new mounting position.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Terrible welding I know, function over form and all that!

In position.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Engine and box fitted, Neuspeed intake fitted roughly, it has to be cut, shortened and welded so the filter ends up between the strut tower and the battery.

[​IMG]

Pay no attention to the green marker paint, one of the lads in the breakers yard must have been feeling a little artistic, I've since removed it with 2.5 cans of carb cleaner!

Bit of work to do here to make a bigger gap between the chassis leg and ribbed belt tensioner, you can't see it but the rear roller for the timing belt is about 5 mm from the engine mounting bracket on the body, a bit of grinding needed here too!

[​IMG]

N75 valve has to be relocated and its mounting lug on the cold side of the turbo needs to be cut off, inlet flange on turbo also needs to be modified as its too close to the inner valance/chassis leg.

[​IMG]

Gearbox side, servo vacuum pipe lines up perfectly, need a different brake fluid reservoir to clear the intake.

[​IMG]

Front view, no mount fitted yet because I'm waiting on the correct starter, still have to order an intercooler and rad and I have parts on the way to make a custom throttle body to intercooler pipe, standard one won't fit with the new front mount.

[​IMG]

Binned the duckbill in favour of a CL front spoiler, sick of it hitting off everything.

[​IMG]

Fuel supply rail with AN-6 fitting to be welded on so I can retain my braided Teflon lines, pressure gauge for setting up.

[​IMG]

That's about it for the moment, have some goodies on the way from 42 Draft Designs for the PCV delete and oil catch can.

6. beetie

beetie Forum Member

For info. You can get standard Vw Audi parts to relocate the n75 valve. The edition 30 has it positioned at the front of the engine.

Edit: In fact scrap that I'm thinking dvlol

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  7. murph81 Forum Member

That would be most excellent, you wouldn't have any link or photo's by any chance?

8. beetie

beetie Forum Member

Sorry got it wrong it's the.recirculation valve that I'm thinking of.

If I do find something I'll let you know.

murph81 likes this.
  9. murph81 Forum Member

I wonder is there any longitudinal K04 TFSI with the N75 in a different position?

10. beetie

beetie Forum Member

If there is then it would be Audi. What about the ttrs?

11. beetie

beetie Forum Member

Just looked ttrs is the same.

12. murph81 Forum Member

Thanks anyway, any recommendations for hose for relocating it?

13. mercedeslimos Forum Member

Adam, is it just moving the N75? You can do it like the mk3 and 4. Shane hegarty moved his up to the cam cover afaik, jyst used a Passat B5 bracket and used spare mk4 vacuum hose

14. murph81 Forum Member

Yeah, I'll have to look into that Sam, not sure it will fit though due to the different head and alternator bracket, might be able to modify it though!

15. micky1 Forum Member

16. murph81 Forum Member

I'm on there as well and have seen the build, the Lupo build isn't much use to me I'm afraid and he hasn't really started the Mk1.

Ordered some more parts for the downpipe, hope to get that started next week!

17. murph81 Forum Member

Long time no update, I'm going to go with the QPENG kit for now to get it going, I was hoping to avoid this but its the easiest option at the moment.

18. murph81 Forum Member

Been tipping away at this lately while I'm waiting for the QPENG kit to arrive.

New genuine timing belt kit and water pump fitted.

New oil and filter.

New Nology silver core plugs fitted

Fitted new latest revision diverter valve.

Had to modify the front JMR mount for the 02J box again.

Correct Mk1 1.3 speedo cable sourced.

Fitted PCV blanking plate.

Fitted 9N3 shifter and cables, cables might be a tad short, finding it hard to adjust the gears.

Prepared PAS rack for fitting and sourced new steering column boot.

Removed EVAP purge valve and pipework.

Fitted these adaptor/joiners for the heater rad hoses due to the different sizes http://www.epytec.de/detail/index/sArticle/2730/sCategory/1515

Ordered all of the Mk5 donor parts needed for the QPENG conversion.

Ordered stainless pipework and parts for 3 inch downpipe including two low radius 3 inch bends from Jetex, due to the positioning of the turbo outlet flange the standard 3 inch bends are too big.

Removed dash clocks for mounting of clutch master cylinder above steering column.

I have the week off work now so I hope to get a nice bit done and make my way through the "to do list", I'll add some photo's too!

19. murph81 Forum Member

How it sits now, bit rough and ready at the moment.

The Mk5 relay/fuse box will be mounted in front of the strut tower behind the battery.

[​IMG]

Space is at a premium out front, old Mk1 rad test fitted, might have to get something custom made, getting a fan in there too is going to be a challenge.
    Alloy pipe is one of a few that have to be welded together to make a custom pipe since the standard plastic throttle body pipe won't fit in the Mk1.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LHD PAS rack stripped of the rod change gear linkage mounts and ready to be fitted with new genuine steering column boot.

[​IMG]

20. murph81 Forum Member

Jetex 90 degree low radius 3 inch stainless bends arrived this morning for the downpipe.

Nice and tight compared to a standard 90.

[​IMG]