My matt black Mk2 - Vid from trackday at Llandow

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by luke w, Dec 18, 2005.

1. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

I'll have a look through VR6T's thread again, hopefully it is only a few that need extending.

I'm not planning on getting the engine in until May time probably, I want it up and running by June, so anytime you need help with the loom give me a shout, I could even loan it to you to use as a template if you need.

2. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Wicked cheers mate, Ill keep looking around for a loom but if I have no luck ill ask the forums (prob just rubjonny) opinion on making a engine loom, does the rally/g60 plug into the old type fuse boxes ok? I take it you have the older fuse box rather than a digi one?

3. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

That cage looks pretty bonkers, will it clear your sunroof?
    Oh and I got a cheaky first pic of our cars together after work today,

[​IMG]

I forgot to say as well that the antiroll bars links were both a bit loose so I gave them both a tweak,

4. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

5. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I got a saftey devices cage the same as the clubman CL2 for 100, I know its not great but im on a seriously tight budget!

I still had to remove the sunroof to get even that tiny cage in, was a real pain in the a*se to do and took a good 4 hours, also left me with a few little holes in the roof where water had collected in the mechanism and rusted straight throu[:x]

6. gillm

gillm ***** User

looking good dude . you planning any track days soon ?

7. Hot Water Forum Member

Good work... The new motor will be an interesting build :thumbup:

8. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

Managed to spend an hour on the car after work, pretty pleased with how much I got done.

[​IMG]

Should have it all done by the end of the weekend, if it goes as well as the passenger footwell.

They look cool together, mine looks so high compared to yours.

Sunroof might be an issue with the multipoint one. But I didn't realise they done a simpler 6 point one, so it shouldn't be an issue with that one.

Couldn't find a 6 point one when I looked, thanks for that. Weld in another diagonal and some harness bars and that'll work fine.

If I could find a Safety Devices cage for that price I'd have it, have looked briefly for a 2nd hand one but nothing was available. My sunroof is an aftermarket glass one so it shouldn't get in the way, although I'd still like to get rid of it at some point.

Thanks mate. Was hoping to have everything ready to do the Trackmasters one again, but I'm not going to be ready for that, so realistically I'm looking at the VAG day at Combe in June. When's your next trackday?

Thanks, hopefully the engine should go together pretty easy and produce some decent power.

9. Hot Water Forum Member

Hows this one going? You have nice weather now in the UK so work should be happending :thumbup:

10. leontdi Forum Member

cool i have seen this a few times. just wondered are you gonna plate te sunroof up ?

11. sam-ski Forum Member

any updates?!

12. Adam_16v Forum Member

Ages since I've checked out this thread. Looks great, very individual style :thumbup:

I remember it so well as it was the first CGTI car I saw at my first track day at Donny Nov '08

We needs some updates?

13. gillm

gillm ***** User

i heard luke has bought a jap car !

14. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

Urm... yeah [:$]

I bought my mum's 300zx off her a few weeks ago, how did you know about that?

But I've still got the Mk2 and the Corrado, got no plans to get rid of either.

Haven't got any updates for it really, it's still as it was the last time I posted. I recently bought my first place so all my money and time has gone on that, hence why I haven't been on here for so long. Did have to sell my Turbo Technics manifold and turbo though which I'm a bit upset about, but I made money on it and had to raise a bit of extra cash for the deposit for my flat. I've still got the G60 engine and all the other parts and plan on getting that all fitted at some point.

Ideally I'm looking for a lock up or garage to share with my brother within the next few months as my new place only has an allocated parking space and my parents have sold there place which is where I've been keeping the cars and parts. If I can find a decent garage I really want to go to town on the Mk2 and get it how I've been wanting it for the last few years, even if it takes a while to do.

15. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

Had to move the old girl last night as my folks move house tomorrow morning. I'm keeping it at my brother's garage about 1.5 miles away.

Started pretty much first time, gave it a few minutes to settle down then set off, came out where they live to join the main road which is a very steep hill, went to brake to stop at the junction and the pedal went to the floor! Had to use the handbrake to slow down but still didn't stop in time, luckly it was nearly 10pm so there wasn't any cars! Had a very slow drive to the garage after that, which was a shame as I haven't driven it in so long.

After using my 300zx for the last month it felt weird driving it, everything is so heavy in comparison, plus it felt like I was driving a van, the windscreen is so upright compared to the 300zx, and with the seating and steering wheel position it felt odd.

I'm already on the look out for the bits to get it ready for the track again, looking to wide track it, cage it and get the G60 in, hopefully it'll be done in time to get along to a track day this year.

16. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

Nearly pranged it earlier, jumped in and forgot it had no brakes! [:$]

17. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

You boob, if you'd done that I'd have killed you. Or taken yours as a replacement.

18. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

It moves!

After nearly two years sat in the back of our workshop untouched it was time to move her, a quick oil and water check, battery charge and ten seconds cranking it fired and ran spot on! If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen ;)

And it didn't even need air in the tyres :lol:

19. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

The insurance is all sorted ready for my reunion this weekend, cannot wait [:D]

20. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

We ended up changing the secondary jet back to the one already in it, it just ran way too rich from idle to the red line otherwise. The air box is REALLY killing the power, it feels like a good ten bhp down as opposed to running the carb completely open. I think you'll need a K&N filter directly on the carb with a bit of shielding from the manifold and a decent cold air feed. It's flying though and sounding stronger than ever :thumbup: