New loom?

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Matt GTi, Mar 9, 2009.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

1. check all plugs to the stalks, I bet one isnt pushed in right. probably explains the horn too ;)
    2. look at the barke pedal, you'll see a black thing with a 2 pin plug on it. look at the other side and theres the plunger :)
    3. have a look in the engine bay for a red/yel wire to a sensor on the side of the head, if its not connected plug it in! if it is, try earthing the wire to the block and the gauge should shoot to max.

2. Matt GTi Forum Member

I would like to extended my personal thanks to all contributors to this thread, it has helped me immensley, but a special thanks goes to rubjonny. Without your help and advice, I would have given up on doing this work a long time ago. It all came together tonight when I got everything working and I took it out for a good thrash down the local bypass. The only things left to do is to figure out why one of the indicators and main beams aren't working, get an MOT on it, and then attack it with the polish to bring it back to it's former glory.
    Rubjonny, do you/are you going to BVF this year. I owe you a beer or twenty, and I would really like to thank you personally.

3. rubjonny

4. Matt GTi Forum Member

British Volkswagen Festival, a big **** up in Malvern the 1st weekend in July.

5. rubjonny

ah bugger, no I'll be on holiday!