nitrous on mk2 8v ???

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by supercharged999, May 29, 2006.

1. supercharged999 Forum Member

finally got the 2L block in now.(very noticable ) , just gonna run it in now 800-1000 miles.

new big / small ends and new rings too.

got a WON kit with 50 bhp jets.

is it ok without the controller ?
    just worried about the standard gear box (131 000 miles ).although got some expensive gearbox oil in it now.

2. supercharged999 Forum Member

well that fell through !!!!![:x]

went to see the kit and it was NOT a WON kit.....

so looking for a second hand one now.

3. sdj_mk3 Forum Member

4. atlas2l8v Forum Member

Hi all

Im new to this nitrous as ive never trusted it but more i read the more i like the idea...can someone tell me what is a single injector kit and is it suitable for my 2l 8v gti ??

Also whats the best size of bottle 10lb or 5lb etc

cheers

paul

5. supercharged999 Forum Member

finally all done !!!!!!!!!!!!!

only running 25 shot for now , and the car feels strong.
    nice little surge , so will wait till i get whipped , then add bigger jets.

so not using the controller on it.

got to wait till march for Elvington to open , so will then give 1/4 mile times.

6. lowandloud Forum Member

if you dont mind me asking where did you end up getting eveything from and who fitted it for you. also how much has it cost you in total.

7. supercharged999 Forum Member

got my kit off e-bay.

the same dude who fitted my 2L block , fitted the nitrous.
    charged 200 incl. fitting of new inlet manifold and fuel pump.

8. sdj_mk3 Forum Member

About time! (only kidding) Glad you're up and running and enjoying the benefits of the good stuff. Have to try and catch up with you during the show session at a 1/4 mile event or something and put a face to the name (forum sig!) be interesting to see what a mk2 on gas goes like. Guessing the lack of weight compared to my mk3 will help negate the hp deficit. (unless by then you've sorted your fuel and you're also runing 75hp in which case you'll cream me!!)

Another dubber hits the gas! tis a glorious day!!

9. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

do you need a spare 11lb bottle ? ;)

10. sdj_mk3 Forum Member

Not got rid of them all yet then ;)

If you're still sitting on them after the new year I may be able to help out! Although still recoiling after buying pistons and rods!!

11. supercharged999 Forum Member

took my buddy out for a quick run.[:D]

he's got a civic v-tech that runs 14.60 sec for 1/4 mile.

looks like he's going back to the drawing board.

i will be going 50 shot in january...

will be running at Elvington or York dragway next year.
    sorry Santa pod is too much of a haul.

12. badboi1 Forum Member

NOS

Hey guys,

I am new here, so first let say nice to meet you all.

As far as the question on NOS, I had a 70 shot on my polo 1.6 8V. Yes there are those who complain that its cheating, and that its not good blah blah blah. In my view anything can be good or bad depending on who did the install. My system worked for 35 000km without any problems at all( I then changed to 2.0 16V turbo setup). My polo put dow 117kw a the wheels. NOS may run out but its the cheepest way of making power(IF THE INSTALL IS DONE CORRECT) All you would need to make sure of is if you have an auto adjusting fuel presure regulater on your motor. I ran the standard fuel pump and fuel presure regulater. Although my motor was a new generation unit running MP9 injection.
    You WILLLLLLL NEED TO UPGRADE YOUR CLUTCH. Never mind what people say. The sudden surge of power wares it out nice and quickly. Lets face it you are not going to install the system just to look at it are you now.hehehehehhehe. Most people who complain about NOS( I say NOS becuase I used nitrous oxide systems single fogger 70hp kit )Given the chance again I would go direct port injection. Purely for better fuel distribution. I found under hard driving cyclinder four would lean out a little with the single shot system. So if you can maybe go that route. I my self am I NOS junky, those who hate it have usualy been beaten by a lower spec car using gas.

(The opinions in the above post are just that my opinions)

Pete

13. sdj_mk3 Forum Member

Hi Pete Welcome to the forum! Nice improvement with the polo, suitably impressed! Couple of questions...

Were you running a progressive controller on the 70 shot? If not ever likely you were killing clutches. I'm running 75 shot on an already tuned motor but with a progressive controller. The car is putitng out double the hp and more than double the torque it left the factory with using a standard bottom end, gearbox AND clutch. Been running like this for over 8 months and at slightly lower levels for 6 months before that and nothings giving me problems. (It's also done 106000 miles and is my dailt thrasher!)

And secondly have you tried a WoN system as opposed to a NOS system? I've used NOS, NX in the past on both cars and bikes and once making the switch to WoN I've never looked back. IMO they're in a different leauge. (I'd dare guess you wouldn't be needing to go direct port at 70 on your previous application as the WoN "Foggers" are much more effective at getting a good distribution. That said 70+ is about the region to think about going direct port on a typical 4 cylinder instalation)

And totally agree with what you said about nitrous "haters" not forgetting those who haven't experienced the buzz!!

14. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

well saids chaps!! hope we can all meet up at Elvington and York Next Year ;)

p.s. i've got 6no 11lb bottles spare and can get more if required. [:D]

15. supercharged999 Forum Member

yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes.:clap: :clap: :clap: a GTI meeting would be awesome.

16. badboi1 Forum Member

Hey there,

Shot for the warm welcome, sorry for late reply been busy with the christmas rush hehehehe. Yes I had a progressive controler however I think I was to AGRESSIVE hehehehehehe. Na The 1.6 clutch is weeker than the unit in your car unfortunatly, so thats why I upgraded to a button clutch. That bit like a beeeutch on heat. Yeah I know the buzz, when you hit activate the button.:p :p Unless you have experianced it you don't understand it. I sold my car when I moved over here. I am saving up now for a 1.8 20V vehicle of some kind have not decided yet what to go for. Maybe an A4 or similar. I noticed that my polo is not your typical one you would find here. In SA it was based on the SEAT ibeza gti body. It was a 5dr though. I think your car is wicked bro, I am driving a skoda superb at the moment. Its livable. In april my car will change to the new passat. Can't wait. Pitty its a C car so I can't do any mods. I have had no experiance with the WoN kit. In SA NOS is the best you can get. Its very expensive to buy initialy, but its good.
    I think you need to be careful how and what you use. My next car will have direct port. I drove a buddys car that had it on an A3 1.8T. Holy Cr%p you can't believe the diferance.
    I think I am going to join the club. I think it would be good.

cheers

pete

17. badboi1 Forum Member

Yeah Im game, let me know when and where and im there!
    hehehehe

18. starbugs New Member

hi there.... my name is tony langfield nephew of trevor langfield owner from wizards of nos.....what can i say every dub owner should get a kit....it is amazing....in refernce to a previouse thread saying nitrous runs out real power doesn't..... that true but nitrous can always make real power go faster.....

Any how.... i use my uncle's kits on my mk2 8v with 75BHP straight shot.... it is mental. i ran a 14.6 quater at york on it, i also got it on my 73 bug with full maximeser controller..... wheels up fun with that....

it easy to fit and my mk2 had 150,000 on the clock when i put it on and still going strong and i on almost 170,000 on original engine.... best idea call wizards of nos on 01302 834343.... i guarentee one you been wizard of nos'd you wont go back.....

19. supercharged999 Forum Member

currently running 25 shot , but in january going for straight 50 shot.

so will have a 200 bhp mk2 8v.

would like to run a 14.60 , which would equal my BMW mini cooper S (245 bhp ).

see you in Elvington/York dragway.

20. supercharged999 Forum Member

is your car standard , or modded ?

next week i want to go bigger on my jets at 50 shot.