OMG, i was done by a nova!!!

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by velly_16v_cab, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Welsh Sheep Forum Member

sorry to hurt your feelings mate but that Nova is running a 2.0 8 valve cavy motor, so basically he f**king dusted u in a wot is a slow car!

No offence

2. W3LSH Forum Member

didnt read that bit, even worse then, coz it sounds like it wasn't the 200bhp i was thinking of :p

3. MADRod New Member

Although i agree with most of what you say above 110ish mine can outdrag an R1 which has little left past 170,a rider stopped me & said " What the f**k have you had done to that" he admitted he could not catch me & has remained a friend. My car has been timed at Brunters past 183 & 60-100 3.24s, 0-130 12s ,its fast enough to scare Bikes to death on the road, but i agree 0-60 is no contest.

Cheers

4. rexy New Member

i used to love nova's till i got my Mk2 8v GTi Oh well..

Anyways Heres something funn to read...
    Yes its a nova.. and that would eat a lot of things i reckon.... :S

http://www.boost-beast.de/
    Edited by: rexy

5. muppetsport Forum Member

ive got a theory why everyone hates novas.

no matter what car you drive you will always find a nova faster than it. on the 1/4 mile most of the the quickest fwd cars are nova's. you can buy a nova for 200 quid and 500 quid later gets you a 2litre 16v engine gearbox etc and the shafts and mounts for the conversion so for 700 quid you got a 150bhp 700kg car that will do 0-60 in about 6.5 secs and about 145mph.

everyone hates novas as a std 16v will eat an imprezza, eat a vr6 corrado, give a cossie a run for its money from 60 upwards

simply one of the cheapest fastest cars you can build and insure. thats why they get sl*gged so much. im still a nova boy at heart, always will be.......

6. DarrenH Forum Member

i dont think its got anthing to do with any of that. i think its because its your sterotypical macdonalds carpark assault vehicle. none of which was a problem when we were 17 and did all that, but when you get older you start turning your nose up at it. way of the world really. looking down at younguns.
    Edited by: 0ddball

7. S1MMA Forum Member

agree with oddball, Nova's are the stereotypical 17 year old burberry cap wearing, fluffy dice owning, ironing board spoiler type, neon washer jet etc...etc...

I have no problem with the above, just not my scene thats all. The same way that fine restaurants and modern abstract art may not be someone elses scene. Doesnt stop us from thinking "Arty t**t" when we see someone coming out of an art gallery wearing a frenchmans cap, or thinking boy racer w**ker when we see a Nova with a flamer kit. It's just the way it is.

I'm sure most nova owners are very nice people. Some aren't though, which goes for all things in life, but probably more-so for nova owners as I'm sure all u past nova owners agree.

8. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

9. S1MMA Forum Member

What car have you got mate? by that I mean engine/power also? If your car has been timed at 60-100 at 3.24s, and 0-120 in 12s, then it is in a similar league to some bikes, and about the same as a Lambo Mercielago. What people dont understand is that 99.99999... percent of cars arent in this league, and even so, did you know that a standard GSXR1000 does 0-130 in 9.1 seconds? It also does 0-140 in 10 seconds, and 0-150 in 13.1 seconds (See EVO this month). I know that bikes tend to slow down due to airodynamics past 160ish, but it still puts it into perspective that your car (which is very rapid) still wouldnt touch a standard fast bike upto 160-170, let alone 60. And we have a 2 litre nova on nitrous keeping up with fireblades??? I dont think so...

10. GVK

11. b'locks Forum Addict

i dislike novas because.... they are pikey little baked bean tins with wheels, driven mostly by burberry capped tw@ts with reebok trainers, chunky gold sovereigns, puffa jackets and skin tight jeans, all requiring some cornflakes with their bowls and some clearasil for their mugs/@rses. [:^:]

/edit

btw no offence to anyone with reebok trainers ;)
    Edited by: b'locks

12. stealthwagon Forum Member

where on earth did u find that [:D]

13. S1MMA Forum Member

oh BTW the GSXR-1000 does a 60-100 in 2.8 seconds, so its faster than the said 500bhp saf cossie. Which I believe 'MAY' be faster than a 2 litre nova on acid let alone nitrous, which was my point.

14. GVK

S1mma - ;)

The resultant 504Bhp is massive but it is the 492ft/lb of Torque @ 4500rpm that sets this engine apart. This is more Torque than a McLaren F1 and with over 460ft/lb available from as low as 4000rpm it gives the car incredible mid-range acceleration that is almost on par with the McLaren. Check out the Dyno-sheet during your visit.

15. GVK

lol- point taken, we can't have you being wrong once can we??

16. S1MMA Forum Member

I have checked the site, its a frickin fast car, I could name a few more exotics that could keep pace with it though:

Ferrari F40
    Ferrari F50
    Ferrari Enzo
    Bugatti EB110 SS (705 bhp)
    Edonis
    Diablo GT
    Zonda C12S

which lays testimant to what an achievement building a sierra that can keep pace with these awesome machines. How many miles does the badboy do before a rebuild? Respect.

17. S1MMA Forum Member

and I can be wrong, its the catching me out thats the fun I thought?!?

18. muppetsport Forum Member

quote " i dislike novas because.... they are pikey little baked bean tins with wheels, driven mostly by burberry capped tw@ts with reebok trainers, chunky gold sovereigns, puffa jackets and skin tight jeans, all requiring some cornflakes with their bowls and some clearasil for their mugs/@rses. " quote

ive had a nova since i passed my test. still have a nova today in the garage although engine and everything is changed and strongly dissagree with remarks like that. ive never once wore a burberry cap either. lol.

i do own a mk2 golf gti and fair enough it is a better built car but it is never ever going to be hated so much on 1/4 miles and track circuits as a nova as they simply will never be fast enough as there is always a nova quicker.

in reference to 504bhp cossie, ive been in a 350bhp cossie that out accelerated a gsxzr750 or whatever they are called at the same time as a 315bhp calibra turo did, but by eck aint them cossies fast. cossies are by far better cars than these jap crap mobiles like skylines. cossie is just a far superior car in my opinion.

i bet this sort of post happens on lots of ther boards, beaten by a nova, its a fact of life, nova's, as hated as they are are just simply tin box rockets (that rot quite badly and need welded up like mine in the garage, unlike the b reg gti ive got that is totally mint shell?????????)

19. fthaimike Forum Addict

well i just watched a clip from Velly of a bike SBR51? pulling off then excelerating, starts pulling a wheelie at 50mph, continues excelerating, drops the front wheel at 140!!!!! then continues to a top speed of 225!!!!! (in 6 sec's it was past 100, 14 sec's 180, 23 sec's 220).

And thething that slowed it down was when the 1 wheel was off the ground.

Cars are quick but for yourmoney a bike cant be beaten.
    Edited by: fthaimike

20. S1MMA Forum Member

errr, I've been out many times in a friends 'now dead' 350bhp saffire cossie, and it was a very fast car, but not 0-100 in anywhere near 8 seconds. Look, the guy with a proven 580odd brake on nitrous isnt as fast as a GSXR1000, so can the bike references stop? If you saw a bike like a GSXR1000 being outdragged by any car with less than about 700BHP, then the bike wasnt being ridden to its true potential, or whatever other factors. The car isnt faster in a straight line, unless its some stupid 1000BHP skyline which has the traction to boot.