OMG, i was done by a nova!!!

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by velly_16v_cab, Nov 10, 2003.

1. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

I've no idea how much Rod has spent on the Cossie but I'd safely say it's a fraction of the cost of any of those cars listed [:^:]

2. muppetsport Forum Member

this was from about 80- 140 on (ahem) the motorway and i guess i aint never thought of it like the bike wasnt trying. probably wasnt. so wont make that reference again. still looks good on video though.....

is it such a terrible thing to admit defeat by a nova?

3. ManicGTI Forum Member

My God.

Having not owned a Nova since last year I forgot how many complete morons there are out there. People who know anything about cars used to look down on my car when I had a Nova (boyraver, blah blah), these are the same people that barely know the steering wheel from the handbrake, whereas they fall over themselves when I say I have a Golf GTI. All about the Image. Its really starting to annoy me.

The vast majority of dub owners on here are solid people with a genuine interest in cars.

The others seem to be people who have grown up but dont act it.

I'm with you on this Oddball, stereotypes suck. wonder what the average age/personalitly of a dub owner is? 18, 30...or 45? skin head? track suit? grey haired? maybe, maybe not. I don't know, and frankly don't care. I can appreciate a good nova in the same way as a good Dub, or a R5, or a skyline, or a audi etc.. why is it that so many people can't? Luckily mostof you can see past all the Bull. :)
    Edited by: ManicGTI

4. ManicGTI Forum Member

hmm I cant seem to type in proper sentences...

Its never a good idea to get me started on the Nova debate. [xx(]

5. fthaimike Forum Addict

there are nice people with nova's but the knobs outweigh these, this can be said of most cars but the local nova brigade with their boom boom cars do my head in.

6. muppetsport Forum Member

i guess there probably are more arsehole w**ker nova owners out there than regular people so criticism of nova's is ok by me. i aint one of that group, although used to. prefer the sound of turbo and dump valve to loud happy hardcore and to be honest mine doesnt have no neons, tis just a boggo standard looking silk violet nova gsi with 16' speedlines, like every other nova. its whats under the bonet that counts.

golfs are better cars, not as much fun to drive though. i always said when i grew up i wanted a golf gti.

7. ManicGTI Forum Member

Its not that, its just that they are the ones that you notice. There are a ton of Novas around being driven by normal people, people like my mum [8D] . Its just that these 'merge' into crowd.

Theres certainly nothing wrong with a SilkV, not many of them around in decent condition anymore. ;)

had (another) arguement with my dad earlier, so i'm in a foul mood, which isnt helping [xx(]

8. Dubusiness New Member

sorry to tread on toes, but didn't martin hadlands crazy reyland cosworth beat a 'fast' bike? i am sure it was in one of the mags like fast car or summat. [:s]

9. velly_16v_cab

velly_16v_cab Forum Junkie

none taken, but ive been around combe (on a CCC day) with caged in his car, there was a nova flying past everyone.we stopped and asked him in the pits wot has he done to that car,the boy was laughing saying....im not telling

but he did in the end, it was a SRi 130 motor.

So it bring me to the good old story of power to weight
    my car weighs over 1300kg's a nova is about 800kgs, ok so i may have 34bhp more but im carrying an extra 500kgs.

so i disagree, a 2.0 8v nova IS a quick car (did i just say that??? [:s] )

10. NoFearKid Banned

my bike does 90 in first gear and 180mph with a 3 second 0-60

no nova would touch my bike for speed.

i agree nova's can be fast but my bike is stock standard and it is faster and has a 10000000x more reliable engine.

if someone on a fireblade couldnt lose a nova its coz they cant ride.

i have never been so much as tested by a car on the road. and i have raced a few quick ones including a v12 merc

11. DarrenH Forum Member

apart from teh EDS twin engined nova that did 2.88 at trax before my very eyes this year ;)

12. JAY

Jay Forum Member

wow, i'd sure like to meet ya on the road, a decent bike will run the 1/4 in 10 secs flat at a speed of 150+ mine is a tad quicker than that!!