Project SVH 4motion

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by a89, Jul 23, 2010.

1. A89

a89 Forum Member

Rolling road video:

[YOUTUBE]YouW_GwRPfc&feature=feedu[/YOUTUBE]

2. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Nice vid there. Miss Donny now...

I like the contour cam your using too. Nice trick bit of kit!

Gurds

3. richwig83 Forum Member

Are you not on stage 2 anyway mate?

Sound like a bit of wheelspin on the rollers.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  4. A89

a89 Forum Member

Cheers mate. It's a good camera, that was set on lower quality (plus lower upload quality) as I've only got a 2gb micro SD at the moment but its still 720p at 30/60fps and measures the GPS etc. Same price as a GoPro comes in at but you get the GPS.

Alright, stage 2+, ie HPFP for another 50bhp. [:D]

Was getting a little clutch slip from round 3000rpm to 4andabit000rpm. Don't get it on track because load isn't put on from 1000rpm.

5. richwig83 Forum Member

At stage 2+ this thing will just be ridiculously quick! :)

Are you gonna go APR or just internals?

6. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

cant they wind off the boost or timing for that range for the sake of the clutch?

7. A89

a89 Forum Member

Not sure yet, probably internals just due to cost but will see what's around when it comes to it.

Not really worth it because it's hardly ever floored from low revs and doesn't do it all the time. Once the cars already rolling there's no slip at 3000rpm and the car spends most of its time above 3500rpm on track anyway. Don't floor it on the road in 4th gear from low revs because before you know it you're going way to fast so it hardly ever slips when its being driven. Clutch isn't rated that high anyway, its a 1.8T "sports" clutch and as I may be going sequential/dog/DSG its not really worth messing with it yet.

8. A89

a89 Forum Member

How the car looks at the moment:

[​IMG]

9. Robin Marriott Forum Member

Have you sold the old engine and bits yet?

10. A89

a89 Forum Member

Engine is sold but got two gearboxes left. One's the V6 4motion box and the other is a 2.0TFSI 4motion box.

11. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Awesome!! It looks to go great!!

I just nearly had a head on with one of your vans - KV11 VRO. The driver did a U-turn at a right filter light on the A34/A560 junction and nearly hit us head on as we were turning left through our own filter light :lol: :lol: He seemed to think it was our fault.

12. A89

a89 Forum Member

Update time, increase in work and the funds bank shrinking has led me to not being able to update very often these days.

1990- Cheers pal! Great to hear vans being driven with care! :lol:

Time for one of the pieces i've been looking forward to the most, roll cage! :)

I was going to do this in conjunction with one of the body builders we use, but after being so happy with the engine conversion and seeing a few that they had done (including their Nurburgring Mk2 G60) I decided it was worth paying a pro to do it.

I did the prep work and something I've been meaning to do for a while. Started by removing dashboard:

[​IMG]

The spot welds, seat runners and unnecessary metal removed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Followed by getting up the sound deadening:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and cleaned it up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

R-Tek have started on the cage. Checkout their facebook page for a couple of updates: http://www.facebook.com/pages/R-Tek-Motorsport/110065635723264

And I've bought a couple bits to throw on once cage is in:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. A89

a89 Forum Member

Getting there, need to order a little more tubing to finish the front but nearly done...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. AjVR Forum Member

Everytime I look at your mk4 it makes me want to build a track based mk4 also.

Are you going to have the car weighed after the cage is all in ?

15. A89

a89 Forum Member

I was meant to get it weighed before betting cage in and after but forgot to get it done before hand. I'll know the amount of tubing used so will try and work out how much it weighs, probably around 50kg I reckon.

The mk4's never been much of a track car base but for the prices you can pick them up and mixing with the audi parts available they actually are starting to make sense. Mines basically an old s3/TT chassis, new s3 engine and management in a mk4 body. [:D]

16. A89

a89 Forum Member

Forgot to say cage is finished, photos here

Was meant to collect the car at the weekend but never got round to it. Instead I have started buying and collecting more parts,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. A89

a89 Forum Member

18. A89

a89 Forum Member

So before inters we replaced the heat shielding on the bulkhead with gold! Then JJ @ R-Tek made a lovely heat shield which will be wrapped in gold, and the intake was wrapped in gold. So engine bay looks like this:

[​IMG]

Will eventually make an airbox enclosure, and probably wrap that in gold, because its nice. Nothing to do with heat reflection.

As said, cage was painted, lovely bright orange, with the front uprights matt black to stop sun reflecting in eyes, and I chopped the dash in half to put it back in because I don't have the patience of putting the full one back in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before all that I replaced the clutch with helix uprated paddle clutch as my old one was slipping at low down on full boost (ie 4th gear flat out from 2k would slip a little at 3.5k then grip again at 4k). I was told by Euro Car Parts that the helix clutch and pressure plate would fit the fidanza flywheel, they were wrong, so I had to get the helix flywheel too. Its heavier than the fidanza one, about 6kg instead if 3kg but it all fits together and the clutch now grips, very well as I found when I dumped the clutch at inters.

[​IMG]

Helix left, Fidanza right.

[​IMG]

19. A89

a89 Forum Member

Inters 2012:

I only did a couple of runs with a few bits and bobs in the car, bag, jackets, umbrella etc, before they shut the strip due to an incident. First one I set off quite cautiously, 2.5k rpm dumped clutch bogged down a little, 0-60 in 5.8 seconds, quarter mile in 13.8 sec.

2nd run I took JJ out in it, dumped clutch from 4k rpm, plenty of grip, 0-60 in 5.1 quarter mile in 13.3 sec, so without a passenger, or stuff in boot, dumping it from approx 4.5k rpm I reckon 4.8/4.9 0-60 and 13.1/13.2 1/4 mile.

If anyone has videos or photos please post them up, I didn't take any.

20. A89

a89 Forum Member