Proper Evo smash at Combe today

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by A.N. Other, Oct 6, 2007.

1. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

there is other footage from a camera phone of norris cutting straight thru bobbies passing prebles evo, on the prior lap to the accident, and a previous collision between the pair also..

pushing hard. too hard. mystake made.
    cut camp corner, onto grass and bump, sent car towards outside where the luckless chrissy pug was. swiped across the front of that which turned the evo which dug into the grass and tumbled violently thereafter.
    horrific to see. I was stood watching up at folly with my 1 wheel drive retired ibiza, and to see an evo leep so high into the fencing was shocking. As soon as it was over norris exited the car. Superb cage in his car which did its job saving him injury.

Norris has offered 1K to Chrissy towards repairs which is a nice gesture from him.
    I am hoping however he too has learnt from this for next season, albeit in a very expensive way.

Going to be a lively drivers meeting next week @ Combe.
    [:$]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  2. gillm

gillm ***** User

3. badger5

yea, understandably held in high regard there.
    ignorent posts from those not even there however has attracted new members to sign up and add their 2-penneth (from being there..)
    reforman aka gerbilhead being his usual tactfull self.. lmao (white pug 106 racer)

4. IanCarvell Forum Member

Has anyone got a media player that can go frame by frame?

I would like to see how far his head goes into the centre of the car, it looks like it goes a silly distance!

5. mk1steve Forum Member

i think i saw his head go past the edge of the rear view mirror :lol: :o

6. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

'kin hell !!

7. micky1 Forum Member

Looks to me like he went acroos the corner which flicked the car up and he lost grip,drifting into the Pug.
    Should 4wd cars be allowed to race in this series considering there turn of speed etc?
    Bring back rwd cars, lot less speed and loyt more fun to watch...........
    [​IMG]

8. micky1 Forum Member

9. fthaimike Forum Addict

10. fthaimike Forum Addict

I am surprised when people cut that corner where the crash happened because there is quite a drop in height between the curb & the inner grass?

11. gillm

gillm ***** User

12. mk1steve Forum Member

did he pass his test:o

and wouldnt the marshalls call it in and stop him??

13. fthaimike Forum Addict

[​IMG]

went quite far during the 1st impact (hard to see on pause) then again after about the 2nd roll it almost lands on the passenger seat. (it goes so fast you can just make it out during the motion blur going off the bottom of the screen).

14. barny Forum Member

A good reason for a Hans Device...

15. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

A bloody good advert for a roll cage too.

16. vrbanana Forum Junkie

17. badger5

which was apparently a custom cages one.. I was admiring it before hand. (ironic)
    simon bought the car already with this high spec cage in it.

18. vrbanana Forum Junkie

You may be off his Christmas card list but hope your not on his hit list, literally :lol:

19. badger5

I rang him yesterday.. so I think we're cool.
    they've posted the full vid now.

frantic action..
    do 4wd "have" to use the grass? is that an new MSA reg? :lol:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5724367926099091273

back markers most definately came into play bunching them up.. Simon's cutting off of esses which passed prebs's EVO berfore hand.. waved his hand to prebs, but got position by short cutting the circuit, so I would imagine a marshalls observer note would have come into play. Gaining position and not yielding immediately back, continuing with the chase top to humphreys and squibb.

I know I am lapping 1.5-2.5sec/lap slower than these guys, but wow they close up fast on the slower cars. It a different perspective watching it from the outside like was doing saturday. in-car it seems fine, from the outside it looks mad fast.

some corner cutting by most of the evo's towards the end... tyres going off, alternate lines to pass lapped cars... all part of the background to the accident.

20. fthaimike Forum Addict

Noticed a few times from the full video at the two esses where 2 cars just couldn't fit through there so something had to give.

Does look a bit frightening towards the end when the back markers start to build up.