PVW "What not to wear" (post your own)

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by PhatVR6, Dec 16, 2005.

1. octane Forum Junkie

Cause i love vw's doesn't mean i have to own one. I like seeing what people have done with theirs and whats new int he vw world.

2. chrismc Forum Junkie

...& getting into petty arguements with mk2 Jettachod [:s]

Nice one! ;) [:[]

3. octane Forum Junkie

I think you'll find i tend not to.
    Mk2jetta god managed to pick an arguement with me all the time. Hes a total tool. He asks for advice then never takes it.
    Edited by: octane

4. superden Forum Addict

So you have no interest, at all, in anything you dont actually own ?

Nothing at all ?

[:s]

Its called a debate, and yes they get a little heated at times.

Or maybe you are just taking the whole thing rather too seriously.

In fact, thats the only thing thats ruining the VW `scene` ... people taking it too bloody seriously.

Oh ... that and 90 spec, BBS shod oak green Mk2 Golfs.

:lol:

5. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

I don't understand how a scene can be ruined really. To me a scene is something dynamic that changes/evolves dependant upon the membership. The collective sets the mood, not the individuals.
    That's why perceived excessive moderation on some public forums creates a bit of a problem for some people. The moderating minority may dislike the direction the scene has taken so they try and revert it back to the way it was when they preferred it, back to a 'golden era' when all was pure in their opinion.
    Things change. You don't choose the scene you're into, the scene chooses you. When it moves past that state to a different atmosphere/ethos or whatever, it's maybe time for you to find a different scene that does meet your expectations or wants. [:-B]

f**k me I need to go out, it's NYE for Christ sake. [:[]

6. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

well, like it or not...the thread still made 10 pages......and not a lot of it was mindless on word tittle-tattle either.

7. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

If they haven't already been mentioned, I'd like to add in-car PlayStations and TVs on the dashboard.

8. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

someone's just been watching top gear ;)

9. superden Forum Addict

[xx(]

10. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

So what you're syaing is, if I don't like it, leave the VW scene? well, if this is how it's going...I think I will.

11. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Hehe - I watched TG a few days ago and I remember what you're on about now!

TVs, PlayStations, stupidly huge ICE with pointless speakers (or 'components' as ICE people call them), DVD players - I don't get it.

12. superden Forum Addict

Rubbish.

You make the effort to become involved, you decide to leave if you dont like it.

:)

13. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

no mate, not at all!! Crikey! I mean, if you do hate it and the people then yes, but you're clearly well known in the vw world, I seen some of your projects online and they looked mint, maybe you're more into vw's than the 'scene.'
    Maybe you've got a bit older and recognise w**kers and uninspired bottomholes for what they are.
    Maybe you've been into vw's that long vw stuff just isn't new or exciting very often?
    I don't know fella. Out of interest, what exactly does leaving a scene entail anyway?
    Do you have to sell all your stuff and stop talking to everyone you met, or just ignore those you percieve as t**sers?
    Good thread by the way.

14. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

what i meant was that scenes already exist out there, a combination of the people and the interest. You need the one that is right for you and it will be out there, but you can't pick one and try to change it, or begrudge it when it morphs into a scene you no longer appreciate.
    Probably still not made my point very clear, but I know what I mean.
    Er, you don't choose your friends, they choose you could be a fair analogy?

15. superden Forum Addict

Well said Rick.

A true enthusiast is into the cars, and the `scene` is something they can take or leave.

16. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I'm not saying I don't like the scen. I love going to the shows, and they are getting better and better. It's just this current spate of retro toss and stuff leaking over from the air cooled scene (which again I love) which I think is totally out of place and sad. Unfortunatley it seems to be the current bandwagen, and nearlyeveryone wants to be in in it.

I wish I'd kept the derby now. i could have stuck some crap old wheels on it and sold it for 2000! instead of selling it to JBMG40 for 90...

17. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

unintentional spelling errors spawns new sig!:lol:

18. superden Forum Addict

Fair enough, horses for courses and all that jazz.

For me, its the cars that are the draw, not the `scene` or any of that crap.

19. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

Initially it was like that for me. Then I discovered how many likeable, funny and helpfull people there were online ready for a laugh and to share information. The people help keep me interested cos most of my mates don't know anything about vw's, don't appreciate them, think I'm a bit obsessed with Mk2 Golfs, and don't really want to talk about them again.
    [:D]

20. superden Forum Addict

Well thats fair enough. Personally, I`ve been mooching around VW`s for years and I`ve never had any wish to make myself `known`. Its the cars I want to see, thats what the show is about. If it wasnt, everyone would turn up to Inters/Ed38 etc on foot and just talk. As I said above, each to ones own.