The GT4 Nurburgring Challenge

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Phil., May 5, 2007.

1. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

i think thats were the pedal and wheel combo might be better, way more throttle control compared to a controller. Anyway nuff talking bout it, I think its time for another go [:D]

2. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Under 6mins possible???

[​IMG]

3. inoakgreen Forum Member

only just noticed this. i'm supposed to be good at this game! i'll give it a go and post results. i normally try out the ring in arcade mode in standard form with N1 (economy) tyres. but i'm presuming anything goes with these times - GAME ON!!!

4. lufbramatt Forum Member

yeah whatever mods you want, qualifying tyres, free run mode on the 'ring so the tyres dont wear out :)

5. MK2_GUY Forum Member

its cheating if the tyres dont wear out :p

6. inoakgreen Forum Member

i managed 7:30s with standard setup, got that down to 7:23 on pauls setup but no wing (look awful!!). i think i'll give it another go, but 7:11 seeming a mission - you the man, for now!!!

7. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

lol 7.11 was a good time for me, I cant beat it myself now, 7.23 still a v good time!

8. inoakgreen Forum Member

gonna have to get used to manual mode cars well quicker. aint giving up. gt5 will probably be out by the time i get near this time!!!

9. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I use the steering wheel and personaly i think it helps ALOT! better throttle control and brake control!

10. golfgtd Forum Member

I had a go at the weekend, I tried it in a Volvo 240 Estate. Managed to get round in 8.44. I had a huge crash in the middle of the lap. I cant remember what the corner was, but i came round a left hander then its a sharp right, i was a bit hot into the left hander which threw the car across the track. The volvo surprisingly handled really well with everything modified, but whenever it braked the front dropped, which was funny when watching the replay, when sparks fly.

I did try it in my mk1 but its not set up for nurburg, but set up excellent for everywhere else. It was handling really poorly round there.

Anyone want to suggest a weird car to go round in?

11. golfgtd Forum Member

The pads are much easier to use. You can actually control the throttle and brake with that depending on how hard you press the buttons

12. inoakgreen Forum Member

try this out!
    any car.
    arcade mode.
    1 lap only (try keep it neat, ie off track acceptable, but no contact with walls).
    must start off line from standstill.
    n1 tryes (economy), no car mods whatsoever, no driving aids.
    auto or man - up to you.

some of mine (nb: can probably improve on these but i'm throwing down the gaunlet)
    bora vr6 4mot. - 9'41.590 mk5 gti - 9'15.745 beetle rsi - 9'25.622 ibiza 9'22.165
    focus st - 9'24.704 focus rs - 9'07.915 golf r32 - 9'04.639 suzuki gsx-r/4 - 8'32.592

just a few to start off with! remember - must be standing start!!!!

13. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

err same as pedals then! except most people will be more used to controling acceleration and braking with there feet so probebly easyer!

14. Phil. Forum Junkie

This still going?

I've moved house since the start of this thread and I don't know where GT4 is :( also I no longer have the perfect table for the wheel to clamp to.

Gonna have a go at bettering the times above this weekend.

15. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

hey phil you still playing this, I moved house aswell and had lack of perfect table issues but iv got a great set up now and started playing again, I realy do love this game!

16. Aphex Forum Junkie

Noooooo, I can't get addicted to trying to beat all the times again!

17. Phil. Forum Junkie

The beer is flowing and we have revived the GT challenge in our house. The big dining room table is not straddling the little low table the TV was sitting on and the wheel is well clamped in place.

F1 car on the 'ring, time of 5m 30s.

Didn't take a pic though :(

18. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I unfortaualy lost my saved game on this so I only have limited cars[:^(]. Im working hard to complete the game again but its like the 5th time now lol. Iv got work now aswell wich sucks as I realy wana play now!